Dodge Challenger Forum banner
29501 - 29520 of 29597 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,139 Posts
From the outside of the car you cannot see any difference at all, but underneath the car it has gone from the Magnaflow Competition Cat Back Exhaust X Pipe pictured below.

Leg Automotive tire Automotive design Bicycle frame Bicycle part

To the SOLO Performance MR212-HJ H Pipe Cat Back Exhaust.

Musical instrument Wood Shotgun Reed instrument Gas

I always thought the X pipe was holding back Black Beauties performance, seeing as how the X Pipe has its own mufflering capabilities all by itself, but the fact that it was holding it back was an unknown until yesterday.

Brown Wood Glass bottle Drink Glass

Font Wall Material property Poster Signage

To be clear, if you go to the SOLO website and search for Challenger exhaust you won't find this H Pipe Setup listed, the MR212 -HJ Catback is listed under Dodge Charger. Steve at SOLO Performance, had the H Pipe exhaust pictured above built for my 2015 Challenger with the hangers relocated for the Challenger mounting. I was after the H Pipe crossover full sized pipe, being placed in the exhaust as far forward as they could do it and the Dodge Charger setup was what I was after but the mounting hangers had to be relocated to fit the 2015 + Challenger.

So what is the difference in the sound and it is best described as the X pipe sounds higher pitched more like a European V8 racer, the H pipe has a deeper throaty sound like the American V8 of old. I have finally found the exhaust sound I want coming from my Challenger!

Kudos to SOLO Performance their welding is IMO as close to perfection as you can ask for, and they gave me exactly what I wanted! :) Ry

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,139 Posts
Notice any performance gains, butt Dyno or otherwise?
On the low end yes even noticeable by my wife, she said she thought it felt more powerful on take off from a dead stop, and it wasn't in sport mode either.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
485 Posts
I am gathering the parts to build a system. Ordered this large cheap stamped piece that I think will work sound closer to a H but might still make some of the 5 or so a X makes at the same time?

Glove Gesture Personal protective equipment Font Synthetic rubber

Definitely not a true X so not sure how it would scavenge? It’s 3” as my system will be but has a lot of ‘lip’ inside, might just build a fat H instead. My car doesn’t need more torque but I LOVE the sound of a H. I’m sure yers sounds great Ry. I don’t wanna give up the 5hp but might for the sound. Not gonna have either down the road when it gets turbo’s ha

·
Registered
3,169 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,939 Posts
Notice any performance gains, butt Dyno or otherwise?
When I added a Corsa Xtreme catback system to my former 5.7 R/T, I noticed my propensity for spontaneous giddy giggling increased exponentially!

Most aftermarket exhaust systems will net only minimal HP gains which can't be maximized without an aftermarket front-end (CAI) and some PCM tuning, but even then it will probably be less than 10 HP. But the new engine/exhaust note does make it feel like you dropped in a forged camshaft!

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,139 Posts
I am gathering the parts to build a system. Ordered this large cheap stamped piece that I think will work sound closer to a H but might still make some of the 5 or so a X makes at the same time?

View attachment 301259

Definitely not a true X so not sure how it would scavenge? It’s 3” as my system will be but has a lot of ‘lip’ inside, might just build a fat H instead. My car doesn’t need more torque but I LOVE the sound of a H. I’m sure yers sounds great Ry. I don’t wanna give up the 5hp but might for the sound. Not gonna have either down the road when it gets turbo’s ha
We just got back from a couple of hours drive, the H pipe sounds awesome ran a couple of back to back 0 ~ 60s 4.5 seconds, didn't even turn traction control off. It launches hard and sounds like a pure American race car. You won't loose 5 hp maybe 2 at 6,000rpm, but you'll shift before you get there, but you will pick up torque!

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
2,701 Posts
Just took a look at my dealer website, it says that my hellcat its on his way !!! Just a few more days maybe !!
You can figure 100 miles a day and 7 to 10 days for delivery from the train yard to your dealer. At least if it is like mine and many others I have seen here. Good luck Brother. Pics when that beast arrives! (y)

Reactions: micksrt8

·
Registered
71 Posts
IMO, the worst thing you can do to a vehicle is store it which can lead to many failures that have nothing to do with sun, because some store in closed areas and sun is not a factor and still get damage like a cracked dash. Air the same as water can get stagnant because it has moisture in it, water stagnates when there is no fresh water entering. Also possessions in life draw an essence from the life inside of it, one example is when someone dies and their home which may have been in excellent condition at their death.
But maybe because of family discord the house is left abandoned and the house rapidly deteriorates and a couple of years later it is falling apart.

A humans life force adds life to these possessions whether you realize it or not, every time you drive your car and open those doors you exchange air inside the car, so the air on a daily driver does not get stagnant. Also you have an aura about you that extends from your body and that is most evident when someone you do not want within your aura sits too close to you, you get uncomfortable. That same aura extends into things around us the life force so to speak. Our possessions draw energy from that life force around us, because if you remove it for long periods of time you will see degradation.

Maybe if you are forced to store your car over the winter instead of cranking it once a month, maybe increase the interval that you enter the car and completely exchange the air inside of it. Ry
wow ! whatever you're smokin', pass it my way !

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,964 Posts
Removed the Gold Pinstriping I did a couple years ago before I take it to the Custom Body Paint Shop. Since some spraying will be going on wanted it clean for less prep work needing to be done. Will be going to old school Engine Logo I had custom Designed with a 220 Pentastar using similar Fonts to the Magnum and 340 Six Pack style, and then I have 2 NOS original Challenger Script Fender Emblems going on the Fenders. Car will look a lot better with the Fascia resprayed few spots on the fenders and Quarter Panel. Wish I could find long strips of Chrome Molding to go around the Top of the Fascia along the Grille, and Rear around the Tail Light Surround Bezel on the Deck and Quarter Caps. Will sort that out later on.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,139 Posts
29501 - 29520 of 29597 Posts