Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
939 Posts
Reactions: boyohboy

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Funny story.
Nice day so I took her out to do some early morning errands. Heading to Costco’s and there’s a Saturn Vue in front of me with blacked out lights and a fart can. I knew he had a fart can because he made sure to gun it every chance he could.

This goes on for a couple of miles and I’m just shaking my head. At that point both of us merge on to a two lane highway and sure enough fart can waits for me in the left lane.

Little background info needs to be inserted here : For those of us who had a well rounded childhood, you remember cupping your hand under one armpit and flapping your arm to make a pretty good farting sound ?

Well, fart can opens the window and points forward, I, in turn, cupped my armpit and flapped my arm wildly as I lmao. Fart can took off and it sounded like someone just finished a colonoscopy solution.
Challengers do make the occasional driver act like a fool sometimes.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
60,421 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
5,226 Posts

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
939 Posts
Reactions: boyohboy

·
Administrator
60,421 Posts
Oh. Well I feel stupid. Didn't know that. Mine's a 3.90 I do know that much lol.
Whoever told you it was a Getrag is clueless.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
4,610 Posts
Funny story.
Nice day so I took her out to do some early morning errands. Heading to Costco’s and there’s a Saturn Vue in front of me with blacked out lights and a fart can. I knew he had a fart can because he made sure to gun it every chance he could.

This goes on for a couple of miles and I’m just shaking my head. At that point both of us merge on to a two lane highway and sure enough fart can waits for me in the left lane.

Little background info needs to be inserted here : For those of us who had a well rounded childhood, you remember cupping your hand under one armpit and flapping your arm to make a pretty good farting sound ?

Well, fart can opens the window and points forward, I, in turn, cupped my armpit and flapped my arm wildly as I lmao. Fart can took off and it sounded like someone just finished a colonoscopy solution.
Challengers do make the occasional driver act like a fool sometimes.
I dont know I have had two guys in Hellcats F8 Green Try to get me to race one Challenger WB another in a Charger pissed both off by ignoring them.One few weeks back in the Challenger F8, Seriously my Hood Emblems say 220 Pentastar!!! At least the guy in the Charger couple days ago after he acted like an A** got nailed by a HCS Hillsborough County Sheriff Dodge Challenger Hellcat, Plain White Knuckle aka PW7, he just was coming around the corner headed to the station guy in the Charger nails it cuts over in the Intersection next thing you know a nice healthy sounding Super Charged Challenger nails him... :) opps!!! Guess HCS has a new toy!!!

My Buddy Mike told me he gets a lot of People in Pickups trying to get him to race???

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
5,478 Posts
Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep...

Snow, Salt and Road Brine make Lil' Twister "sleepy". "Big Peggy" the Grand Marquis and "Rider" the Jeep Cherokee will take over until the Spring Thaw!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Car
Vehicle cover Tire Car Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Got rid of the Starship Enterprise Shifter and did the Hurst A8 Shifter Mod. The trim is not snapped in yet, my Tail Happy Neutral Pull Cover hasn't come yet

View attachment 314565
View attachment 314567
View attachment 314576
View attachment 314568
View attachment 314569
That does look sharp !
Got a kick out of the “ Starship Enterprise Shifter”. Now that you mention it, it does look like one.
Was it an easy installation and do you mind sharing where you got it from ?
Thanks (y)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thanks 👍 Got it from American Muscle, came the day after I ordered it.

Personally I think the price is absolutely ridiculous for a Shifter Handle but I put a Barton Shifter in my 1320 and absolutely loved it and I like to shift manually and the Pistol Grip just looks and feels so great. The Barton is a hundred bucks cheaper and I loved it but was a little disappointed in the spring loaded push down part. It doesn't have a trigger lock out, instead you install these little pen like springs and push down to get it into Reverse and Park, I found many times it ended up in reverse instead of Park so I wanted to try something else this time around. To be honest I liked the look of the Barton more and to be fair the spring set up works a little different and maybe I was supposed to lube the shaft to make it work better, it was fine but on cold days a little harder to push down and get into park.

Yes it's a pretty easy install and since I've done it before a piece of cake this time around. You have to be careful getting the trim off and clips out but the hardest part might be getting that stupid factory shifter wire disconnected, my 1320 came right out but this one fought me for 5 or 10 minutes

My Old Barton in the 1320
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Found these on YouTube , I liek to see what im in for before I pull the trigger and they helped because I knew exactly what to do

Barton A8 Shifter Install

Hurst A8 Shifter Install (on a Mopar A8 with different trim than I have but gives you all the main points)

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Thanks 👍 Got it from American Muscle, came the day after I ordered it.

Personally I think the price is absolutely ridiculous for a Shifter Handle but I put a Barton Shifter in my 1320 and absolutely loved it and I like to shift manually and the Pistol Grip just looks and feels so great. The Barton is a hundred bucks cheaper and I loved it but was a little disappointed in the spring loaded push down part. It doesn't have a trigger lock out, instead you install these little pen like springs and push down to get it into Reverse and Park, I found many times it ended up in reverse instead of Park so I wanted to try something else this time around. To be honest I liked the look of the Barton more and to be fair the spring set up works a little different and maybe I was supposed to lube the shaft to make it work better, it was fine but on cold days a little harder to push down and get into park.

Yes it's a pretty easy install and since I've done it before a piece of cake this time around. You have to be careful getting the trim off and clips out but the hardest part might be getting that stupid factory shifter wire disconnected, my 1320 came right out but this one fought me for 5 or 10 minutes

My Old Barton in the 1320
View attachment 314611

Found these on YouTube , I liek to see what im in for before I pull the trigger and they helped because I knew exactly what to do

Barton A8 Shifter Install

Hurst A8 Shifter Install (on a Mopar A8 with different trim than I have but gives you all the main points)
Thanks for all the information. (y) Didn’t realize you need to reinstall and hide the old shifter. Doesn’t look like it’s too hard to do.
Thinking this will make a great Christmas present to myself.

·
Administrator
60,421 Posts
Thanks for all the information. (y) Didn’t realize you need to reinstall and hide the old shifter. Doesn’t look like it’s too hard to do.
Thinking this will make a great Christmas present to myself.
I just ordered the Barton ball type shifter , they have a black Friday special 18% off and free shipping plus I signed up for PayPal credit and got an additional $50 off. So I ended up paying $113 plus tax.

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
I just ordered the Barton ball type shifter , they have a black Friday special 18% off and free shipping plus I signed up for PayPal credit and got an additional $50 off. So I ended up paying $113 plus tax.
That’s good to know. I was going to wait until tomorrow.

·
Administrator
60,421 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Exactly, that was one of my xmas gifts to myself, LOL...

Happy Thanksgiving

PS
You can see my old shifter wrapped in bubble wrap lite up here
View attachment 314613
Between all of your pics and links, I feel confident about doing this.
Appreciate all of your help and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Rob !

30981 - 31000 of 31060 Posts