Dodge Challenger Forum banner
31321 - 31340 of 31345 Posts

· Registered
2022 Scat Pack Shaker
446 Posts
I spent a lot of time researching professionally applied ceramic coatings. I came to the conclusion I was better dropping off my car for a complete wax detail every 6 months. It's a lot cheaper. Still looks great.
Just prefer waxing and detailing it myself. You are correct on the pricing. Nobody will ever be able to do the job I do myself! I’m getting the paint correction done in February to take care of rock chips and minor scratches.

· Registered
4,524 Posts
I spent a lot of time researching professionally applied ceramic coatings. I came to the conclusion I was better dropping off my car for a complete wax detail every 6 months. It's a lot cheaper. Still looks great.
Exactly what I do... A coat of Adams ceramic paste wax 2 or 3 times a year... Good therapy... And it always looks great... 👍👍

· Registered
2022 Scat Pack Shaker
446 Posts
Exactly what I do... A coat of Adams ceramic paste wax 2 or 3 times a year... Good therapy... And it always looks great... 👍👍
Yeah when I took mine in last week for the quote they are like “DANG who details your car”!! Me myself and I is who!! I don’t trust anyone to do what I do and no money could ever be worth more than the satisfaction it gives me to step back and amaze myself on how good she looks!!

· Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
5,063 Posts
I find if I do a 50 / 50 Mix of the Meguiar's Tech Wax and Gold Class Carnauba on a super soft cloth and hand buff it shines like a Mirror. I then usually use the Spray vertsions 50 / 50 on same kind of cloth and holds up for several months. Even with my condition the shine makes me smile and feel better that I detailed it myself. I almost was going to try the Ceramic but Ronnie at the Body Shop told me its more BS and hassle then it's worth. I believe what he says he's been painting cars since I was a teen.

I am tempted to try the Insane Car Wax by Meguiar's has been sugguested by some guys at the Car Show's to me. So that might be something to try before the next Huge Dade City Car Show.

· Registered
3,600 Posts
Just prefer waxing and detailing it myself. You are correct on the pricing. Nobody will ever be able to do the job I do myself! I’m getting the paint correction done in February to take care of rock chips and minor scratches.
I hand wash but I have a T/A. I waxed it once. Too much prep work.

· Registered
3,600 Posts
I find if I do a 50 / 50 Mix of the Meguiar's Tech Wax and Gold Class Carnauba on a super soft cloth and hand buff it shines like a Mirror. I then usually use the Spray vertsions 50 / 50 on same kind of cloth and holds up for several months. Even with my condition the shine makes me smile and feel better that I detailed it myself. I almost was going to try the Ceramic but Ronnie at the Body Shop told me its more BS and hassle then it's worth. I believe what he says he's been painting cars since I was a teen.

I am tempted to try the Insane Car Wax by Meguiar's has been sugguested by some guys at the Car Show's to me. So that might be something to try before the next Huge Dade City Car Show.
Car waxes are like women’s shampoo. There’s always something around the corner that’s much better.

· Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
5,129 Posts
Just a Tip to everyone since the subject is waxing right now. I was severely warned by my graphics installer, not to use any type or brand of built in cleaner wax on your graphics, as the cleaning chemicals will break down the vinyl structure. Only use pure wax on your graphics, no added cleaners.

· Registered
4,524 Posts
Well I had ordered my pan, trans fluid and gear lube to do the trans and rear differential but they didn't send the pan bolts... Got them last Friday and she's in the shop getting it done this Monday morning... 👍

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Hood

· Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
5,129 Posts
Well I had ordered my pan, trans fluid and gear lube to do the trans and rear differential but they didn't send the pan bolts... Got them last Friday and she's in the shop getting it done this Monday morning... 👍
Why are you doing the transmission on a 2018, how many miles do you have on the car?

· Registered
4,524 Posts
Why are you doing the transmission on a 2018, how many miles do you have on the car?
More than I would like... Just hit 80,000...

· Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
60,849 Posts
Dropped her off this morning to have the differential replaced. Should have it back either today or tomorrow.
Check your exhaust tips when you pick it up.

· Registered
1 Posts
I need help. I rented a Challenger while my car is being fixed. This morning I parked on a curb and pulled too close. I heard it when I pulled in, but when I backed up, I really heard some crunching. Ouch! What happened? Is this going to be an expensive fix? My husband is going to kill me! 🥺

· Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
60,849 Posts
I need help. I rented a Challenger while my car is being fixed. This morning I parked on a curb and pulled too close. I heard it when I pulled in, but when I backed up, I really heard some crunching. Ouch! What happened? Is this going to be an expensive fix? My husband is going to kill me! 🥺
Pretty easy to do , look at the spoiler in the front and if you don't see any damage don't worry about it, more than likely it has happened on that rental before.

· Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
5,063 Posts
Did you
Did you visually inspect it? look at the Wheels, and Lower Body Panels Front to rear for for scratches and bends. No way we can tell you much more especially if no photos etc.,

· Registered
3,600 Posts
Installed front and back facing cameras.
DR900X-2CH Plus 4K UHD DASHCAM
I didn't want a video screen on my windshield. This one is wireless to my phone and not so large.
Product Camera accessory Output device Gadget Cameras & optics

31321 - 31340 of 31345 Posts