Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What did you do to your Challenger today?

2M views 36K replies 2K participants last post by  MommaBetty 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
What did you do to your Dodge Challenger today? Share!

Today, I swept it out, cleaned the interior and put protectant on the vinyl and cleaner/protectant on the leather.

#23,181 ·
I washed it today using some Turtle Wax 53411 Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wash and Wax while rinsing it with the CR Spotless my wife got me for Christmas. The result was fantastic. The car wash left a great shine and enhanced the drying process. The CR Spotless did exactly as claimed. The paint began to dry before I could wipe the water off and there was not one single spot on the paint or glass left from the rinse. It was the easiest car washing and drying experience I've ever had.

#23,187 ·
Had to take her out in the rain today.Wasn't a happy camper. Dried her off and gave her a coat of waterless Wash & Wax. Looks good again.
That's the worst...when you have no choice but to drive it. The car goes from spotless to a mud puppy in what seems like a blink of an eye. When that happens the first thing I do when I get home is to rinse all the road gunk off before it dries with the hose - kind of like fighting back at old Mother Nature! Still end up handwashing it though first chance I get...

#23,191 ·
It has been an unusually warm Winter here. Snow below average but frozen precipitation in other forms such as freezing rain and ice have prevailed. Couple days ago I took the cover of my Hellkitty and did the same winter routine. Started, exercised clutch and brakes, monitored charging system and the cooling system. Pretty tired of doing this "I WANNA DRIVE IT!. Won't happen for about 3 months or more. (Dammit)

#23,192 ·
It has been an unusually warm Winter here. Snow below average but frozen precipitation in other forms such as freezing rain and ice have prevailed. Couple days ago I took the cover of my Hellkitty and did the same winter routine. Started, exercised clutch and brakes, monitored charging system and the cooling system. Pretty tired of doing this "I WANNA DRIVE IT!. Won't happen for about 3 months or more. (Dammit)
Hi Wayne! Good to see you here! It's been awhile.

#23,193 ·
That's the worst...when you have no choice but to drive it. The car goes from spotless to a mud puppy in what seems like a blink of an eye. When that happens the first thing I do when I get home is to rinse all the road gunk off before it dries with the hose - kind of like fighting back at old Mother Nature! Still end up handwashing it though first chance I get...
You described my feelings to a "T". ;)

#23,198 ·
Changed the front rotors and pads to the Z23 Evolution Sport high performance drilled and slotted rotor and pad set.

During the beginning of the process I discovered that I had the drivers side wheel bearing assembly making a clicking noise.

That put everything on hold until I got replacement bearing hub assemblies for both sides, finished the installation yesterday.

I really did not have to replace the passenger side bearing hub assembly, as they say the odds of having 2 bad assemblies are rare but with over 54,000 miles on Black Beauty I did it anyway, just doesn't make sense to me to replace one side and not the other so I did both sides. Ry

#23,200 ·
Don't you need to be concerned about scratching the paint being "waterless"?
I don't use it on a dirty car, only a dusty one. Kind of like detail spray use. If my car is really dirty (not too often), then it gets the regular wash. One thing you can do is spray a little water on the sides first, then finish with the waterless wash. This stuff comes in handy for me when it is too cold outside to try a complete wash.