Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What did you do to your Challenger today?

2M views 36K replies 2K participants last post by  MommaBetty 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
What did you do to your Dodge Challenger today? Share!

Today, I swept it out, cleaned the interior and put protectant on the vinyl and cleaner/protectant on the leather.

#28,161 ·
Mirror Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Land vehicle Car

"Objects In Mirror Are Losing!"

#28,162 ·
Very nice Photos hope soon I can drive that after the first of the year or around spring...
Thanks Wm., I sure hope you try it out. For us it's like a game...you find all kinds of things driving these roads and you talk to some interesting people along the way sometimes too. The wife is even liking it! :eek:

#28,163 ·
Thanks Wm., I sure hope you try it out. For us it's like a game...you find all kinds of things driving these roads and you talk to some interesting people along the way sometimes too. The wife is even liking it! :eek:
You and miss Betty both take some awesome pictures. Not just the picture quality but the scenery and setup as well. Just beautiful.
I'm wondering... do you plan out your routes ahead of time based on things you want to see, or just drive and randomly discover these things?
My wife and I are planning a few springtime trips for next year, and were reminiscing about the trips we took when out daughter was young. We would leave early on a Saturday morning, with no predetermined destination, then allow our daughter to decide which direction to go. She randomly decided every turn. We would sometimes drive for hundreds of miles, all on back roads. We would come to an intersection and ask her "Which way?" We discovered many interesting places that way.

#28,165 · (Edited)
You and miss Betty both take some awesome pictures. Not just the picture quality but the scenery and setup as well. Just beautiful.
I'm wondering... do you plan out your routes ahead of time based on things you want to see, or just drive and randomly discover these things?
My wife and I are planning a few springtime trips for next year, and were reminiscing about the trips we took when out daughter was young. We would leave early on a Saturday morning, with no predetermined destination, then allow our daughter to decide which direction to go. She randomly decided every turn. We would sometimes drive for hundreds of miles, all on back roads. We would come to an intersection and ask her "Which way?" We discovered many interesting places that way.
Thanks for the nice comments. A lot of the initial research my wife and I do is online in the form of Google searches. In addition, our state also has some great online resources and print media that focus on trips to various points of interest throughout the State of Illinois. The fact that we focus on mainly Route 66 related attractions also gives us a huge head start since we live about a 40 minute drive to get on it. Pre-planning is pretty important, at least for us, as it keeps us confident about where we're going in general and what to expect.

We also use a Garmin DriveShaft 65 with Voice command and set our basic route with pre-planned points of interest programmed into it as a route. If you get lost by going off the charted course, it will lower the anxiety level and get you back on track. It also will let you "freestyle" and go looking for nearby things that may be around a pre-planned stop on your trip.

This brings me to your question about whether we just "wing it". I'd say quite a bit of the interesting things we find aren't pre-planned stops. We keep our eyes opened for hints of anything out of the ordinary as we're driving and with that GPS device it makes it easier to take a detour and check things out. On our Missouri Rt. 66 trip earlier this month for example, we spotted a large abandoned I-44 bridge built in 1924 and I went off-road to it and walked it, one end to the other! I took pics that I will post here sometime with a little story about.

Hope this helps Thumper, Enjoy your trips!

Wheel Land vehicle Car Sky Tire

#28,169 ·
Took my Shaker into ceramic coating
Dude I was about to say... are you sure this is not an episode of "Overhaulin" ? Is this a Chris Jacobs setup? If not you've got major problems...

Reactions: bandit992
#28,170 ·
#28,171 ·
No one likes these wheels when I posted them. I just put them on today what’s everyone think with them on?
Sorry honestly I don't like Black Wheels, and usually when Photographing them they get burred in Shade and you don't see details.
Only Exception is old School Mopar Steels with Dish Caps and a Beauty Ring for them to pop...

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

#28,174 ·
I've owned Black Beauty for 4 years now as of this month, there has been many changes to it since it was bought back in 2017, there has been problems with it that had to be resolved and thankfully I was able to resolve them myself. Some of it's problems I have shared in the 5.7 section and other areas to attempt to help others that may also have these issues, but I am not going into that in this post, this is to compliment what I believe is a really good car. To me it has been nice to have it to personalize and make it my own, performance wise it has changed drastically from the first days of ownership but all upgrades have been bolt on, I have not gone into the engine, yet.

The picture below is her very first external mod simply putting the 5.7 L under the Challenger Script Emblem, which I never liked because the ratio look was off.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

This picture is about a year later she got new shoes, and the MOPAR on the rear haunches, still had the 5.7 L under the Challenger script emblem.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

This is her today, Challenger Script is moved to the rear taking the place of the Dodge emblem, the HEMI emblem is removed from the hood and the new side is 5.7 L, over HEMI in chrome lettering, which IMO looks much better, the rear spoiler is Hellcat Redeye, also the Lil' Devil rear fender flares.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

The interior.

Vehicle Land vehicle Car Gear shift Speedometer

Car Car seat cover Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car

It is very hard to keep it clean being a black car with chrome rims, especially living down a dirt road to get home, but black is an absolutely gorgeous color when it is clean and shining, and the chrome is a challenge to keep clean and shining as well, but worth it when it is!

My wife and I love to drive this car, it is a very comfortable ride, we've ridden in Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, and owned 2 previous Cadillac's, none were as comfortable for long trips than this Challenger is, and that includes my wife's 2019 Charger.

To end this up, very pleased! :)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Ry

#28,176 ·
No wait! That other car, that donked beauty. Yours? I must acquire it!
Ran into the owner in the parts store parking lot. He claimed that he paid $13G for tires and 32" wheels. He was really into gold. Wheels, all the trim that could be plated was gold, including all his teeth and about 1/2 lb. of bling around his neck. Quite the character. He told me his friend, that just left the store, had a Challenger with 34" wheels. Would have loved to get a picture of that. I personally think his car is awesome, it's not to my taste, but I like the idea that he thought it was a show stopper and I do too.

#28,177 ·
Ran into the owner in the parts store parking lot. He claimed that he paid $13G for tires and 32" wheels. He was really into gold. Wheels, all the trim that could be plated was gold, including all his teeth and about 1/2 lb. of bling around his neck. Quite the character. He told me his friend, that just left the store, had a Challenger with 34" wheels. Would have loved to get a picture of that. I personally think his car is awesome, it's not to my taste, but I like the idea that he thought it was a show stopper and I do too.
I think if I tried to take a pic of a Challenger with 34" wheels my phone would give me a "this phone will self destruct in 5 seconds..."