Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4953 Posts

·
801 RWHP
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know we have some doing big huge projects. I don't think this is the spot for that. They, to me, deserve their own threads. But for the regular stuff, it could go here. Not really looking for, vacuumed the house today. Home improvement type stuff you might be tackling.

Here, ill do mine.

So, my garage is tiny. Barely enough room to pull the car in. Have to cheat her to the right just so I can get out. Plus my ride on mower is in there, along with some other stuff and two shelf units on the right. I want to get everything out. Eventually get a new shed for the mower and such. My house is basically a raised rancher. Sort of. Above ground basement. Garage is under living room. Next to garage is my laundry room. That room has been packed for years. Well, enough is enough. I'm clearing it out and repainting and reorganizing so I can get all my crap out of the garage, minus the mower for now. Eventually I would like to get it so that in the summer, my snow blower can go up in front of the car in the garage and in winter I can swap them. So here is a few shots of the room in question. In the first shot I already moved some stuff out into the room behind where I am taking the pic from. That room is now packed. LOL.
20180510_180224.jpg
20180515_143901.jpg
20180515_165818.jpg

·
801 RWHP
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought a floor scraper. But while doing some cleaning to begin painting the walls, I noticed build up at the base of the walls. I will be painting the floor, as well, so I didn't want any dripping from the wall getting on the build up, so I decided to pressure wash the floor. Pressure washer got up all the glue. Well, except in sensitive areas where I didn't use it. In the first pic you can see some trim just to my right. That's a small bathroom. There was some old tile in there. Scraper made short work of that.

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Bought a floor scraper. But while doing some cleaning to begin painting the walls, I noticed build up at the base of the walls. I will be painting the floor, as well, so I didn't want any dripping from the wall getting on the build up, so I decided to pressure wash the floor. Pressure washer got up all the glue. Well, except in sensitive areas where I didn't use it. In the first pic you can see some trim just to my right. That's a small bathroom. There was some old tile in there. Scraper made short work of that.
What are you going to put on the floor.

·
Business
20,463 Posts
Is your area littered with Mattress stores or is that just an Arizona thing.?
No we gave my son a mattress and box spring. Outta the guess bedroom. Deb wanted a new set so with the rain we had a chance to run to Hagerstown Md. To Bob's Discount Furniture. She bought a new set a new dresser drawers and a black leather chair.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,838 Posts
GO BILL GO!!! Love it when guys finally say enough is enough and do something like this! Why is it that women don't mind cleaning out stuff/throwing away junk, but guys don't????

·
26,838 Posts
Bill, what really helped us with the garage is when I built these cabinets. One (the big one) for my car stuff, the middle one for Gary's calving supplies and a top to make out all those ear tags. The last one is for my gardening stuff. Can't believe what a difference that made! I love having the doors on them. Hides the stuff and nothing gets dirty.

IMG_4474.JPG

·
26,838 Posts
Joe, you sound like the ideal husband to me!!!:D:D

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Coincidentally I painted the third coat on half of my 6 month old, 2 car garage today. Not until I received the epoxy paint did I find out I had to etch the floor with a cleaning and etching product first. This was due to the fact that the floor had a very smooth finish.
Have to wait about a week before I can use the painted side, move everything over to that side and start the cleaning/etching/painting on the other half. Makes for a long drawn out project.
armor-gray-seal-krete-epoxy-paint-921005-64_1000.jpg

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Bill, what really helped us with the garage is when I built these cabinets. One (the big one) for my car stuff, the middle one for Gary's calving supplies and a top to make out all those ear tags. The last one is for my gardening stuff. Can't believe what a difference that made! I love having the doors on them. Hides the stuff and nothing gets dirty.

View attachment 129754
Those cabinets look fantastic.
I assume they're made of wood although the color scheme makes them look like professional steel cabinets.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
GO BILL GO!!! Love it when guys finally say enough is enough and do something like this! Why is it that women don't mind cleaning out stuff/throwing away junk, but guys don't????
Betty I’m not gonna say I keep everything just ALMOST EVERYTHING :D
Why throw away something that I might could use 10 years from now??:rolleyes:

·
26,838 Posts
Those cabinets look fantastic.
I assume they're made of wood although the color scheme makes them look like professional steel cabinets.
They are wood, came in pieces and I had to assemble. Really like them a lot!!!

Betty I’m not gonna say I keep everything just ALMOST EVERYTHING :D
Why throw away something that I might could use 10 years from now??:rolleyes:
You sound just like my husband!!!! It is always a point of contention around my house!! :D:D

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice work! And I love those cabinets, Betty!

A word before I show this: I do NOT have OCD, my wife and I are both just organized people - and yes, I know where every tool is at all times LOL! I also realize that I'm very blessed and do not want to come across as bragging.

I've had no garage as well as a small garage before, so I know how to maximize space to do what I need efficiently. Or, as I like to say; I engineer my work space well LOL.

We moved about a year ago from a really beautiful rancher that had a 3 car garage and a huge finished basement that had a fantastic, built-in and finished 20x20 shop in it. I had my massive slot car layout down and did all my model building and resin casting there. My wife appreciates my hobby and I'm thankful to have the space to do it.

The new house has a nice basement that allows me to have a small work bench, my slot car layout and such, but I had to move the shop where I cast back to the garage. Luckily, it is very big, has space for the shop and is insulated and heated.

With some of the crazy Spring weather we are having in Colorado, I wanted to squeeze all 4 vehicles in. Our daughter is getting married this coming week, so you'll see some wedding decorations there that we are storing until then as well as her Patriot. While she's honeymooning, I'll switch her Patriot and the Scat around so her vehicle is out of the way.

·
Premium Member
12,146 Posts
Marathon flower planting all day! Two of Melissa’s friends came over to help me. I usually put out 8 flats of flowers. Plus trimming bushes and cut the grass.

1 - 20 of 4953 Posts