Dodge Challenger Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3269 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Got our official closing date: April 3rd! Movers hope to be there on the 7th. It will be like Christmas since we really haven't seen anything since December 6th other than a week to box it all up. Oooo! Look! A spoon! A towel! A sponge! That's the fetching Mrs. R.

I'm more like: Oooo! A power washer! Meguires Car Wash shoap! A clay bar!

Seriously, I am a little excited.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,265 Posts
Chores, E filed Federal Income Tax:mad: E filed State income tax:)
I take it you owe Federal and are getting a refund from State!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well was working in the garage and putting things up, caught my foot wrong 4 rungs up on the step ladder and came down like a ton of bricks, hit my hand against the workbench. Luckily Urgentcare was completely empty, considering a pandemic going on, in and out in an hour, x-ray nothing broke but probably tore a tendon in my hand. Not a good day! Typing is no fun either.

View attachment 247569 View attachment 247570
Go to GNC and get a tub of collagen. I tore the tendon that goes from the top outer corner of your pec to you bicep. Add collagen to your daily supplements, will help.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Replaced clothes dryer vent and hose. The plastic hose lasted about 30 years so I think I got my money's worth. When I removed the plastic hose it broke in pieces it was so aged and brittle. Hopefully the new vent and hose (flexible metal) will last 30 years.

·
Registered
133 Posts
the mrs has been on me to clean out the garage. we both went in there to see what "i" need to get rid of.....and found out it all hers. hahahahahahahahahaahaha 36 shoe boxes, 84 (!) handbags, a bazillion xmas lights that i had never seen before. granted, most of this stuff is from her previous marriage. except for the stinger and the s.p., all the other cars and the bike are in a storage unit, including all of my tools and my "junk" when i pointed out that she didn't need all those bags, that some homeless lady would look good lugging around her stuff in the mrs name brand bag, she tells me why do i have three pairs of T-tops for my old trans am since i don't own the car anymore, and why do i have such a weird back window (its from a monte carlo aero coupe) and all those comic books, baseball cards, etc. i told her that's my retirement fund. so, i am not going near that garage. god forbid i throw out that used pair of black stilettos that need new heels. or the burned out strand of lights which were safe around 1974. where is my jar of Nutella? anybody want to play forza on xbox?

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Go to GNC and get a tub of collagen. I tore the tendon that goes from the top outer corner of your pec to you bicep. Add collagen to your daily supplements, will help.
Good to know, thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Ornamental gras cut down and hauled off, front flower bed cleaned out and front of the house on the other side cleaned up. Next replacing the ole wood wall with masonry and digging new down spouts. :confused:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
26,806 Posts
Enjoying my new A/C......Had the A/C in the house replaced today.....old one was installed 14 years ago.

While the guys were doing that, I reorganized my car care cabinet and stained a stand that I built for a mini fridge we are moving downstairs.

·
Administrator
46,283 Posts
Enjoying my new A/C......Had the A/C in the house replaced today.....old one was installed 14 years ago.

While the guys were doing that, I reorganized my car care cabinet and stained a stand that I built for a mini fridge we are moving downstairs.
Aren't you the busy bee, cool.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Woke up this morning 0430 to get ready for work....but when washing my hands prior to brushing my teeth, I noticed the water wasn't hot like it should be.

Hmmm.....

Go check on the hot water heater (gas) and the pilot light is out....uh-oh. Tried to relight it, and it would light, but not stay lit, and the status light blinked 7 times...which means a gas control valve failure...ON A 5 YR OLD HEATER !!! Warranty is barely still good for parts only, but no one will answer me as to how long that would take to get done or reimbursed for.

Had a tech come out today (stayed home and did the work from home thing) and the part is $280 and won't be here till mid next week best case, and the labor and all to fix it will be $500 or so total.

Or I can get a brand new one installed for just over 2x that value and have a 6 yr warranty tomorrow before lunch. My knee and hip can't take a cold shower...I'd be in too much pain to crawl out of the tub.

So maybe tomorrow I can take a shower again.

As I always tell people....If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all !!!!!!!!!

I did ask the tech if he'd knock $100 or so off of the bill if I took him for a ride in the SRT............didn't work.........

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Woke up this morning 0430 to get ready for work....but when washing my hands prior to brushing my teeth, I noticed the water wasn't hot like it should be.

Hmmm.....

Go check on the hot water heater (gas) and the pilot light is out....uh-oh. Tried to relight it, and it would light, but not stay lit, and the status light blinked 7 times...which means a gas control valve failure...ON A 5 YR OLD HEATER !!! Warranty is barely still good for parts only, but no one will answer me as to how long that would take to get done or reimbursed for.

Had a tech come out today (stayed home and did the work from home thing) and the part is $280 and won't be here till mid next week best case, and the labor and all to fix it will be $500 or so total.

Or I can get a brand new one installed for just over 2x that value and have a 6 yr warranty tomorrow before lunch. My knee and hip can't take a cold shower...I'd be in too much pain to crawl out of the tub.

So maybe tomorrow I can take a shower again.

As I always tell people....If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all !!!!!!!!!

I did ask the tech if he'd knock $100 or so off of the bill if I took him for a ride in the SRT............didn't work.........
I think my last HWH was 1200.00

3081 - 3100 of 3269 Posts