Dodge Challenger Forum banner

4861 - 4880 of 4982 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,867 Posts
Kinda crazy question here....how many still use bleach when doing whites ? or do you use a new detergent that has it in it or maybe something else ?

I ask, cuz I found out recently the bleach spots on my darks is from my machine and how the bleach is dispensed....trying to figure out how I can still get them bleach clean but without using the dispenser or stopping it to pour bleach in mid cycle..
I REALLY like Tide Ultra OXI. That gets my husband's really dirty clothes clean!!! Believe me it gets the ultimate test. I use the liquid version. Not sure if it comes in those pods.

·
26,867 Posts
Mom always used it growing up and we were on a septic tank.....but I'm on city sewage......have always used it in the past
I don't use much bleach, but maybe once a week I use it on the white socks/and other whites. It is only a small amount. Never has bothered our septic, and we have lived here 30 years.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I don't use much bleach, but maybe once a week I use it on the white socks/and other whites. It is only a small amount. Never has bothered our septic, and we have lived here 30 years.

Same here.....only on whites (socks, towels,. etc)

·
Registered
646 Posts

I’ll never be as good or handsome as Nunya, but I’m pretty proud of my first mini-split install.

It was a blast finishing it up in near 100 degree weather. I’ve lost 3 pounds in water weight and look like a rasin. It only took two cool off sessions in the pool!

A few minor clean up items Like shortening the electrical they provide, but I wasn’t doing that until I knew it worked.

It is a DIY with precharged lines that are way too long, but I had no leaks during my bubble test or while in operation.

I will have to check my man card though - I had to use duct tape today as the lousy “tape” they give you to wrap everything was terrible. Jeff - can I get white duct tape and just rewrap it all, or does that break an

·
Business
20,471 Posts
View attachment 255696

I’ll never be as good or handsome as Nunya, but I’m pretty proud of my first mini-split install.

It was a blast finishing it up in near 100 degree weather. I’ve lost 3 pounds in water weight and look like a rasin. It only took two cool off sessions in the pool!

A few minor clean up items Like shortening the electrical they provide, but I wasn’t doing that until I knew it worked.

It is a DIY with precharged lines that are way too long, but I had no leaks during my bubble test or while in operation.

I will have to check my man card though - I had to use duct tape today as the lousy “tape” they give you to wrap everything was terrible. Jeff - can I get white duct tape and just rewrap it all, or does that break an

View attachment 255699
We use duct tape. Won't hurt anything. Nice job!

·
Administrator
48,703 Posts
View attachment 255696

View attachment 255699
Nice, does that one have heat as well? How many square feet will it cool? They are 220v right?

·
26,867 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mowed the south 40 in the heat and then helped the fetching Mrs. R prep the rest of the master bedroom for paint. She did the ceiling today. They painted every single room tan. Top to bottom. We are changing the ceilings to white and the walls a much nicer taupe color that doesn't look like salmon tinted tan. Gag.

But the detached garage was a fabulously cool room!

Can anyone recommend a good set of goggles for mowing? The sand it killing my eyes and getting around my safety glasses. It is just too dry here and blows everywhere.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Replaced all of the florescent overhead bulbs in my garage to LED tubes. A big upgrade...much brighter now! I also mounted a wall tire rack so I can store my wife's snow tires there and get them out of my shed.

View attachment 255770
And here I am fixing to build a shed so I can move all of my tires out of the garage, and in to it....

Mowed the south 40 in the heat and then helped the fetching Mrs. R prep the rest of the master bedroom for paint. She did the ceiling today. They painted every single room tan. Top to bottom. We are changing the ceilings to white and the walls a much nicer taupe color that doesn't look like salmon tinted tan. Gag.

Can anyone recommend a good set of goggles for mowing? The sand it killing my eyes and getting around my safety glasses. It is just too dry here and blows everywhere.
Get these. I think most hardware stores have them.
Direct Vent Goggles Plastic Econo Lab Eye Safety | eBay

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts

Whatever you get make sure its safety rated or get something that will fit over your safety glasses.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

Standard issue oakley ballistic goggles, last pair you'll ever own. Plus you want some style.
Screenshot_20200630-081515_Chrome.jpg

4861 - 4880 of 4982 Posts