Dodge Challenger Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 3210 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Brushed off 9 inches of snow off of my wife's '17 Cherokee this morning. She should be good to go to the store tomorrow.

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,127 Posts
The other day, while driving Back Rd, the Vent Visor on the driver's side of the Rebel came off while I had the window down. It fell to the road and luckily I was able to retrieve it before another vehicle ran over it. Good thing, since you can't get a single replacement and have to buy the whole set at $65. It did have some abrasion scratches from skidding on the asphalt. This morning I took a razor knife and skimmed the double-sided tape off of it. To get the scratches off, I took wet 800 sandpaper, Meguir's Compound and then Meguir's PLASTX Polish and the scratches are barely noticeable. If you didn't know they were there, you wouldn't know it. Have to go get some 3M double-sided tape for remounting. Gonna wait till it's a little warmer so the tape will stick to the window channel.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,204 Posts
The other day, while driving Back Rd, the Vent Visor on the driver's side of the Rebel came off while I had the window down. It fell to the road and luckily I was able to retrieve it before another vehicle ran over it. Good thing, since you can't get a single replacement and have to buy the whole set at $65. It did have some abrasion scratches from skidding on the asphalt. This morning I took a razor knife and skimmed the double-sided tape off of it. To get the scratches off, I took wet 800 sandpaper, Meguir's Compound and then Meguir's PLASTX Polish and the scratches are barely noticeable. If you didn't know they were there, you wouldn't know it. Have to go get some 3M double-sided tape for remounting. Gonna wait till it's a little warmer so the tape will stick to the window channel.
Good job Dan!!!

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,127 Posts
Guaged up the tires in Hilda's Jeep this afternoon. TPMS light was on this morning from the 20° temperatures last night.

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,127 Posts
Run the Rebel through the No-touch Csr Wash and wiped off.

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,127 Posts
Earlier, bought a 5 qt jug of Valvoline 5w-20 and a K&N HP-1017 Gold Oil Filter on special and with a $10 coupon. Also bought 5 single quarts on special and with a $5 coupon. Getting 5K oil change on Rebel tomorrow morning.

10 quarts of Full Synthetic and a Premium Oil Filter for $50. Not too shabby.

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,127 Posts
Changed oil and filter on Rebel at 5,077 miles. Checked fluid levels.

·
25,204 Posts
Today was a great day to be outdoors, while I was washing the Scat, Gary was washing the big blue NH tractor! Put it away in the machine shed until spring.

68881.jpg
68901.jpg

In the first pic you can see Michael in the background. He is welding a bale fork for one of his customers.

·
801 RWHP
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,173
For my daughter's 07 Acura TL. Picked up oil and filters (oil, air, cabin), front rotors and pads and front drl bulb and a vapor canister purge solenoid. Guess I know where a half a day is gonna go on this long weekend. Plus putting on her winter wheels with Blizzaks.

Hoping the solenoid solves her gas cap light.

·
25,204 Posts
For my daughter's 07 Acura TL. Picked up oil and filters (oil, air, cabin), front rotors and pads and front drl bulb and a vapor canister purge solenoid. Guess I know where a half a day is gonna go on this long weekend. Plus putting on her winter wheels with Blizzaks.

Hoping the solenoid solves her gas cap light.
A good daddy!!!!

·
Mr. Bill
2,193 Posts
Ordered Weather Techs and a cargo net for Carol's new to her 2016 Grand Cherokee 4X4 Limited.
I'm relieved that she can travel safer in the snow and have so many more conveniences (Uconnect) at her finger tips.
Bye bye Dodge Caravan (thanks goodness). Had to pry the keys out of her hand. Hahaha.

3161 - 3180 of 3210 Posts