Dodge Challenger Forum banner

3521 - 3540 of 3588 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Met up with the original owner of the BMW X1 that I bought last week. When the original owner sold the X1 to the guy from whom I bought it two weeks ago, he included a thick folder of service records, including the car's LoJack pamphlet which listed the original owner's email address. I sent him an email explaining that I bought his X1 after it got flipped by the guy who bought it from him, and asked if it was OK to send him some questions I had about the X1's immediate service needs. He went one better and agreed to meet up with me and my girlfriend at a local cafe.

Dude was understandably steamed that his car was flipped on Craigslist only an hour after he had sold it, but told me he was glad I had contacted him with because I indicated to him that I wanted to continue the excellent care he had kept up on the X1. We talked for about a half hour and I managed to glean some good information on what X1 needs immediately (not much, dude serviced the car like clockwork) and what it will need down the road (expensive oil pan gasket job). He also managed to clear up the mystery of the mismatched door badges. The driver side door has the correct sDrive28i badge (RWD), but the passenger door has an xDrive28i badge (AWD). He had the passenger door repainted and the body shop broke the original badge while removing it, so they substituted the xDrive28i badge.

View attachment 247107 View attachment 247108
Interesting story, not to hijack your note. My dad ordered a new 1969 Dodge D200 pickup. When it arrived at the dealer, the left side had a D100 emblem and the right side had a D200 emblem. At first the dealer (who looked at the left side) thought it was the wrong truck. It was mismatched the whole time my dad owned the truck.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Took it to Target and got a 6 roll pack of TP also filled the gas tank with 89 Chevron, 2.469 a gallon with fuel rewards from Albertson's.

How much was the TP...20 bucks ??

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,168 Posts
5.72 with tax, you were only allowed to buy 1 pack.
That should end the tp shortage, if every store would do this and also limit people buying up enough meat to last for two months. I liked the idea someone had of letting the senior citizens use the grocery store for the first two hours in the morning. That would be nice, but I don't know how you would ever be able to find that many unselfish people.

·
Business
19,872 Posts
That should end the tp shortage, if every store would do this and also limit people buying up enough meat to last for two months. I liked the idea someone had of letting the senior citizens use the grocery store for the first two hours in the morning. That would be nice, but I don't know how you would ever be able to find that many unselfish people.
We went to Wally World and Weis Market today. Neither had any toilet paper but we did find some ground beef. Making lite of the situation I ask the check out lady if I could get a rain check for toilet paper. She said to come back tomorrow they were told to limit to two packages. She say people were buying grocery carts full of toilet paper. Now I've never been one to pass up a good deal but it has never dawn on me to buy toilet paper by the case or more. I can't even wrap my mine around this type on thinking! God Bless you all and may we all come through this unscathed!

·
Registered
504 Posts

Then they'd just lie about their age.....just like they do with handicapped placards

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,168 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just so you know Handicapped place cards appilations have to be fill out and signed by your doctor. At least they do in West Virginia! Yep I got one don't always use it but I have one when I do!!!!!

I know, I had one for almost a year due to my knee going out and not being able to walk more than a few 100 ft at a time..

But I also know there are many who have sleazy doctors, and who use the tags from other family members.....like yesterday, I saw 3 young women, probably early 20's, get out of a car in the handicapped parking.....pretty sure nothing was wrong with any of them, but they had a hang tag in the car.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Took my Ram out in the boonies and did some plinking...

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,268 Posts
Made a landfill and butcher shop run with the Rebel this morning.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Got the 1990 Dodge D150 39K miles (late father's) out of winter hibernation. Checked fluids and tire pressure. Cleaned out the mouse nests in the air cleaner, engine valley, and even the dead space in the hood brace (dang mice!). Took it on a "maiden" voyage to check everything. Left it sit out in the rain to wash the dust off. Hooked up the utility trailer to pickup a new purchase for my compact tractor. Picture taken a few summers ago.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
had the wife swing by my workshop today to check/add air to the liberty tires. (they were a little lsoft) heard this rattle as she was backing up to the door, checked and yup the original factory exhaust system is gonna need replacing soon . shopped for replacement and not expensive at all, under $250 for ypipe on back :cool:

·
Registered
420 Posts
The fetching Mrs. R was upset the other day (more embarrassed) when her 2013 Wrangler key fob wouldn't open the door after it locked it. She used the key and set off the alarm. It was right about then that I realized both jeeps were 8 and 7 years old respectively and I've never replaced the fob batteries. Fooled around with them both for a few and realized that they really had gotten bad over the past few years. Never really thought about it.

4 new batteries for both of the Wranglers and all fobs and we are good to go! I can hit them at close to 40 yards from our 4th story hotel room. WOW! Felt like saying "Nothing but NET!"

Wife is much happier now ;)

3521 - 3540 of 3588 Posts