4,782 Posts
Filled Coly with gas...$1.69 a gallon.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
I dropped off my 1957 Fiesta off at the auto interior shop to have the seats, door panels and rear cargo area redone and replace the old rubber floor matt with carpet so the inside will look as good as the repainted outside. I also decided to get window stickers made with the new name for her the OREO SPEEDWAGON!

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Cleaned up the new truck, installed Weathertech Mud Flaps, Bug Deflector and Window Deflectors. Also installed necessary badging in rear window (WE ARE!) Not as much fun as tinkering with the SP but....

Also cleaned up my wife’s traverse and did a quick cleanup and detail of the Engine bay. Doesn’t look too bad for 90k miles.

Worked from home most of the week this week and probably will be stuck home for a few more weeks. Govenor basically shut everything down here in Pa. Social distancing isn’t the issue for me, it’s not being able to go to a car show or a fun store and boredom setting in.

Attachments

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,268 Posts
Filled up the Rebel with Sunoco 87 @ $1.859. Only needed half a tank, but while gas is pretty cheap, gonna keep it full.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
So last night was a small gathering of gear heads on Speedway so I took the Charger as people there had not seen it yet. There were 15 cars and we had a good time and did not get chased away LOL.
Speedway and where, and how often do you meet?

·
Administrator
46,293 Posts
Speedway and where, and how often do you meet?
At the Antique Mall, Speedway between Swan and Craycroft , north side of the street. Usually once a month. You can check on Facebook, Over The Hill Gang Tucson or I can let you know when I find out. Last night was a kind of short notice for me. I don't do face book and have to rely on somebody texting me.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
At the Antique Mall, Speedway between Swan and Craycroft , north side of the street. Usually once a month. You can check on Facebook, Over The Hill Gang Tucson or I can let you know when I find out. Last night was a kind of short notice for me. I don't do face book and have to rely on somebody texting me.
I used to like to go shopping there before they closed it. A great place to find all kinds of cool stuff. I don't do Facebook or text either for that matter, so please let me know about the next one. I'm hoping to get my Shaker back next week.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,175 Posts
I saw 3 young women, probably early 20's, get out of a car in the handicapped parking.....pretty sure nothing was wrong with any of them, but they had a hang tag in the car.
Not saying your instincts were wrong and I agree there are many healthy people who take advantage and park in handicapped spaces, but please keep in mind that not all handicaps are apparent.

My mom was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis more than 30 years ago. Before her symptoms got so bad that the state revoked her driver's license, my mom was issued an handicapped placard because for her, walking 100 feet was like walking several miles for a healthy person. To anyone seeing my mom at that time, she showed no discernible handicap and people would made snide remarks to her. My sister was with her one of those times and tore into some guy who told my mom she should be ashamed of herself for using a handicapped parking space. My sister wouldn't let him leave and followed him across the parking lot until she finished schooling him on MS!

In 2011 I tore my left Achilles tendon while playing basketball. While waiting for surgery, my orthopedic surgeon authorized me for a handicapped placard because I couldn't t walk without a heavy, rolling limp and inducing a lot of strain and soreness on my right leg, which was compensating for my left. One day a guy accused me of faking my injury after I parked in a handicap parking space and limped away from my car. I turned around and told him I had a torn Achilles but he just dismissed me with a wave of his hand. I rolled up my pant leg to show him my left ankle, which was swollen to twice the size of my right ankle. The guy just walked away without apologizing.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Today I installed the bright pedals. I think that is the end of mods for it. Just maintenance and cleaning.
Yeah, sure, right...

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,175 Posts
Ordered a 2nd thumb flash drive which arrived today. Pulled the flash thumb drive from my Challenger and copied my music library to the 2nd drive, which I plugged into my new (used) BMW X1. Now I have my complete music library (over 2000 tracks) in both cars.

Suck it, Sirius!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
3541 - 3560 of 3588 Posts