Dodge Challenger Forum banner

3741 - 3760 of 3766 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Picked up driveline fluids for both Jeep JKU's. The fetching Mrs. R's is first this weekend: fluid change, wash, clay bar, polish and wax. Also has a brand-new DV8 rear bumper awaiting install from our mishap whilst moving to Florida, and some POR15 for the front bumper that is already rusting. Thank you, Florida for that. Jeeps were spot free until arriving...grrrr.

My Jeep is next weekend, and the Scat comes out of self-imposed Love-Bug Quarantine the following weekend for some paint attention.

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,901 Posts
Filled up the Rebel with CostCo 87 @$1.569.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
was finally able to put the new muffler/tail pipe on the liberty today. the fit was lacking, like the tailpipe was bent right just squished shorter by almost 3 inches and twisted by 1.5 inches so it didn't meet the cutout on the jeep very well. it's on and secure and sounds way better and the wife's happy and I invented new curse words:cool:

·
More Than Just A Car
20,365 Posts
Changed out the spark plugs on the Ram, what a pain in the A$$ it is , took me 3 hours plus I'm starting to get to old to be laying across the engine bay to get at those back ones. Almost $200 for spark plugs!! that's more than double what I paid last time I did this, and I'll be dammed if I'll pay the dealer $400 to do it. Well it's done now till the next 50,000kms goes by and who knows if I'll still have him by then ,probably not...time to go smaller I think.

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,901 Posts
Changed out the spark plugs on the Ram, what a pain in the A$$ it is , took me 3 hours plus I'm starting to get to old to be laying across the engine bay to get at those back ones. Almost $200 for spark plugs!! that's more than double what I paid last time I did this, and I'll be dammed if I'll pay the dealer $400 to do it. Well it's done now till the next 50,000kms goes by and who knows if I'll still have him by then ,probably not...time to go smaller I think.
I know what you mean, Rob! My 2007 called for copper, but when I saw what was involved and the last 2 cylinders on each bank, I decided to throw platinums in it. Still took 3 hours like you, but at least I didn't have to do it again before I sold the truck @ 133k.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I put an E-fan in mine and removed the stock fan. I can now sit on the fender and put my feet inside the engine bay when I'm working on it. I also switched to iridium plugs, so they're good for 100,000 miles and increased the spark duration using a PlasmaBooster to take full advantage of the new plugs. Universal joints and socket extensions are my friends...

·
Registered
533 Posts
The fetching Mrs. R's Jeep is done. With two issues: new bumper sits differently and the spare won't allow the tailgate to close...sigh. A wheel spacer is on the way. The other issue is the front bumper that I painted with the crap the store sold me as they were out of POR15 (I knew better - dangit!) sucked and caused a reaction with the top coat that makes it look like it has gator skin. Screw it. I'm going to pull it and have it powder coated.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,490 Posts
Rumor is out, they are bringing back the Dakota, only it will be called a Ram Dakota.

·
26,490 Posts
Well, this is a stretch, but hey everyone posts up truck pics. Gary started up the old Case this afternoon, I think mostly just for fun. Can't believe how easy it is to start after sitting for a year. Hooked on the spreader and hauled a load of .......... Enjoyed watching and taking pictures:

87061.JPG

87091.JPG

87131.JPG

·
More Than Just A Car
20,365 Posts
Rumor is out, they are bringing back the Dakota, only it will be called a Ram Dakota.
Not sure I would go with a truck again Betty , although the Gladiator is nice but the price isn’t. Now that I have that trailer for hauling , I don’t really need a truck anymore. So not sure what to get really and now isn’t a good time to make any major purchases, maybe next year. For now I’ll just enjoy looking at my options.

·
26,490 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
FINALLY found the purple OAT COOLANT FOR THE FETCHING Mrs R’s 2013 Wrangler. My 2012 uses a different coolant - easily found everywhere. The purple OAT? Not so much. no local parts stores have it.

Had to go to the local dealer to get it and got a surprise - super nice folks there AND I did not pay for the gallon of premix! Their system was down and they said we will hope to see you again sometime. Wow! First time ever at a dealership!

I drove the Scat and parked next to a gorgeous B5 SPWB.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Took out my 67 GTO. First time out this year. And wouldnt you know it had to start raining. It has to be the 2nd or 3rd time that I have had to use the windshield wipers in like 20 years! View attachment 253027
I'm jealous! What's under the hood?

3741 - 3760 of 3766 Posts