Dodge Challenger Forum banner

3901 - 3920 of 3969 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I do the same but between the cashier and the bagger they get scrambled. If there is no bagger all the items get bunched up at the end of the second belt. And the local supermarket has the checkout system screwed up because of the pandemic. The card reader is now at the beginning of the belt rather at the end. So one ends up blocking the belt/checkout lane for the next person until you leave. I commented about the placement but got "bit**hed out by the cashier. End of morning rant.
Cashiers don't want to mess with me. I'll walk right out the door leaving all of the items I intended to purchase in a heap on their counter, and I have no problems with telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine using other words.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Flipped the rear windshield wiper today....when I put it on, I guess I had it on 'wrong' as it ran up onto the weatherstripping up top by 1/4", which left a non-wiped spot up top center......annoying as anything......so when I got home today, I 'flipped' it end to end...now it clears the weatherstripping by 1/2".

It's one of the pin type mounts....very easy to install 'wrong' but still work & look right

Reactions: VIXFIX and boyohboy

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
LH front strut/shock was leaking oil on the 2012 Grand Cherokee (47942 miles). Took it to my dealer today and had the strut/shocked replaced. Cost me $100 (deductible). Sure glad I bought the lifetime/unlimited mileage warranty from FCA.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
LH front strut/shock was leaking oil on the 2012 Grand Cherokee (47942 miles). Took it to my dealer today and had the strut/shocked replaced. Cost me $100 (deductible). Sure glad I bought the lifetime/unlimited mileage warranty from FCA.

How much without the warranty ??

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
How much without the warranty ??
I was told when I made the appointment figure at least $500 (without warranty). I asked if it was covered by the warranty and the Service Manage said yes. It took the dealer two (2) hours to replace the part.

·
Premium Member
17,045 Posts
I was told when I made the appointment figure at least $500 (without warranty). I asked if it was covered by the warranty and the Service Manage said yes. It took the dealer two (2) hours to replace the part.
Two hours,you're looking at around $250 w/o parts right there. At least up in NJ.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
2019 Grand Cherokee - tires balanced and rotated and alignment checked/adjusted. Came home and changed the oil and filter. Love the ValvoMax drain. The hose is long enough to drain directly into my used oil container. Took longer to drain because of the smallish diameter hose. The only "mess" was changing the filter which was not that bad. I am a happy camper and the 19GC is good for another 5K miles.

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
After the dump run took the Silverado thru the car wash with underbody flush.
Came home and changed the oil, rotated tires and put a good coating of fluid film on the frame, suspension and anything the rattle-can would reach that might see rust in the future.

·
What's Old is New Again!
36,481 Posts
Made a Dump/recycle run with the Rebel.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
96 Cherokee-

Masked off the front & rear bumpers and the black on the bottom of the sides today (sanded it all down and prepped it yesterday)

Repainted it matte black to cover up the nicks & scratches, and to get rid of the discolorations from the glue & vinyl side strips that were there before I got it.

Later on today, I'll check on it and maybe re-sand it and get it ready for another (probably final) coat tomorrow.

Not really worried about it looking perfect, but I would like it to all be one color...especially with the new black rims...they really made the yuckies stand out........LOL

(see pg 193, post #3844 on this thread and you'll see what I mean)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Well, the 2nd coat is on........we'll see how it came out tomorrow.....

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Registered
3,753 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Just removed all the paint masking from the cherokee....letting it sit in the sun now to help cure.....

Didn't come out too bad, but there was 1 spot my tape let paint under it, and 1 spot that my prep didn't get enough of the glue residue off the original paint I guess, as I can see a slightly darker strip where the glue was...even tho it could not be felt or seen prior to painting.

It'll definitely do....its worlds better than it was.....it needs a bath too, but I'll wait a few days for that......I'm sure mother nature will help by then......

Here you can see no more gray areas or scuffs compared to before (pg 193, post 3844) and the bird poop on it in back

And here, no more chips & non-black spots on the bumper (and you can also see the bird poop on the hood...hence the need for a bath)

·
Administrator
48,723 Posts
Just removed all the paint masking from the cherokee....letting it sit in the sun now to help cure.....

Didn't come out too bad, but there was 1 spot my tape let paint under it, and 1 spot that my prep didn't get enough of the glue residue off the original paint I guess, as I can see a slightly darker strip where the glue was...even tho it could not be felt or seen prior to painting.

It'll definitely do....its worlds better than it was.....it needs a bath too, but I'll wait a few days for that......I'm sure mother nature will help by then......

Here you can see no more gray areas or scuffs compared to before (pg 193, post 3844) and the bird poop on it in back

View attachment 255674

And here, no more chips & non-black spots on the bumper (and you can also see the bird poop on the hood...hence the need for a bath)

View attachment 255675
Looks good to me sans the bird poop.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
LOL...yeah, that will probably go away this afternoon, as they are calling for rain....

I just wanted to give the new paint as long as possible before I started washing it.....it is a matte finish to try & hide surface irregularities........so a new thing to me..

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,197 Posts
Took the Cuda to Cars 'n Coffee this AM. Social distanced, wore my mask, ordered take out from Denny's who lets us use their parking lot, Ate breakfast in the parking lot...KWPD stopped by, chilled with us for a while, since everyone was obeying the rules....no pics...

Came home, hit both cars with detail spray and covered them up until the next event.

·
Administrator
48,723 Posts
Took the Cuda to Cars 'n Coffee this AM. Social distanced, wore my mask, ordered take out from Denny's who lets us use their parking lot, Ate breakfast in the parking lot...KWPD stopped by, chilled with us for a while, since everyone was obeying the rules....no pics...

Came home, hit both cars with detail spray and covered them up until the next event.
Very nice, glad you got to have one. There is on scheduled for July 11th but the way things are going I doubt it will happen.

·
Premium Member
7,658 Posts
Dropped the 2500 off at the dealer body shop yesterday, $429.30 was the damage. Said I'll have it back friday, I told them dont rush it and keep it until its perfect. I dropped it off with 38mi to empty so they will have to put gas in it to joy ride. View attachment 255361
So the kid owes you about 8 free mow jobs.

3901 - 3920 of 3969 Posts