Dodge Challenger Forum banner

3921 - 3940 of 3969 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Very nice, glad you got to have one. There is on scheduled for July 11th but the way things are going I doubt it will happen.
July 11th where? I haven't heard about this one.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Installed some EXPEL Prime CS tint on my daily. The car and interior is still very mint (only 38k miles) that this was something I've had in mind since I got it last Fall. The shade I went with was 35% and, while it looks much darker than the OEM tinted glass, you can still see inside during the day and see out with no problems on a dark night when turning. It also blocks 98% of UV rays which most definitley prevents fading, eye strain and, most importanty, cateracts since I'm older. I prefer a lighter tint anyway because, to me, it just looks classier - especially on my 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis. BTW, I sold my old Brown Metallic 2001 Grand Marq about 6 weeks ago. Love these newer versions - very comfortable old school ride, yet they've got rack and pinion steering and a revised suspension which improves handling drastically.

This 35% Xpel Prime CS film's shade is a just a little bit lighter than the 35% 3M Color Stable series tint on my wifes Jeep and my Challenger. This film would be great for us older guys (and gal's) whose eye's aren't what they used to be when it comes to bright sunny days and dark roadways at night. I'm liking it very much! I also brought a custom made front window shade that slips perfectly into my front window to protect the dash area of the car. The car is a lot cooler inside when getting in it after work now.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Installed some EXPEL Prime CS tint on my daily. The car and interior is still very mint (only 38k miles) that this was something I've had in mind since I got it last Fall. The shade I went with was 35% and, while it looks much darker than the OEM tinted glass, you can still see inside during the day and see out with no problems on a dark night when turning. It also blocks 98% of UV rays which most definitley prevents fading, eye strain and, most importanty, cateracts since I'm older. I prefer a lighter tint anyway because, to me, it just looks classier - especially on my 2011 Mercury Grand Marquis. BTW, I sold my old Brown Metallic 2001 Grand Marq about 6 weeks ago. Love these newer versions - very comfortable old school ride, yet they've got rack and pinion steering and a revised suspension which improves handling drastically.

This 35% Xpel Prime CS film's shade is a just a little bit lighter than the 35% 3M Color Stable series tint on my wifes Jeep and my Challenger. This film would be great for us older guys (and gal's) whose eye's aren't what they used to be when it comes to bright sunny days and dark roadways at night. I'm liking it very much! I also brought a custom made front window shade that slips perfectly into my front window to protect the dash area of the car. The car is a lot cooler inside when getting in it after work now.

View attachment 255685 View attachment 255686 View attachment 255687 View attachment 255688 View attachment 255689 View attachment 255690 View attachment 255691
What's work???

Reactions: Derecho

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Put some el cheapo LED foglights I've had since like 2018 on the front to replace the 'different kind of el cheapo' ones I destroyed...(did take me 5 yrs tho...).

I think I am gonna end up taking them off and using them as extra back up lights, and moving the extra backup lights I have now to the front for fog lights....the LED ones hang down too low from the bumper for my tastes....and at least in the back, the hitch would protect them somewhat...in front, nothing does.

Plus, the beam pattern for the ones in the back is better suited I think for driving.

Front now

rear now

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Drove it to Mauthe Lake. Not a lot of people and everybody's groups seem to be families and are 6ft apart on the beach and grassy areas. I needed some Sister Wanda time.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Drove it to Mauthe Lake. Not a lot of people and everybody's groups seem to be families and are 6ft apart on the beach and grassy areas. I needed some Sister Wanda time.
Photos or it didn't happen...

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Going to get takeout foods after work for our anniversary. I'll post that later cuz I know the hubby noses around on here during his lunch break...unless I'm too busy ...nudge nudge wink wink.

P.S. His gift to me is a complete brake job on the truck. I love it!

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Converted the front brakes on my 69 Dodge Dart GT from the factory drums to disc brakes. Also upgraded to tubular upper control arms. Took several weeks (so not really just today). But just got it finished and a final alignment on it.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
3921 - 3940 of 3969 Posts