Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we had a thread like this for our Challengers, other vehicles and house/garage/yard, thought we needed one for our pets since they are so much a part of our lives.

I'll start. Took Amanda to the groomers for Spa Day. Bath with analgesic shampoo, ears and teeth cleaned and nails trimmed and ground. She is so soft right now. But she is giving me the "cold shoulder "(at least until feeding time)!

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
26,312 Posts
Well, let's see....after using the wee wee pad at about 1 am, Anthony decided he wanted to come to bed and get under the covers, wet paws and all.....after wiping his mouth and paws with a towel I keep on the headboard for that purpose, he stretched out next to me and stayed there and cuddled until he got hungry at about 4:30, then he started walking all over me until I got up and made his breakfast.....

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, let's see....after using the wee wee pad at about 1 am, Anthony decided he wanted to come to bed and get under the covers, wet paws and all.....after wiping his mouth and paws with a towel I keep on the headboard for that purpose, he stretched out next to me and stayed there and cuddled until he got hungry at about 4:30, then he started walking all over me until I got up and made his breakfast.....
Sounds like your little boy is high maintenance!!

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Took both of my dogs for their first of 3 times daily walk in the woods. When home, put Fox on the TV, and give them each a Milk Bone and a Meaty Bone biscuit while I make my breakfast. They wait till my wife gets out of bed and they get a piece of her morning buttered corn muffin. Then they jump on a bed or sofa and nap till their next walk. Sweet dreams they must have now that my wife & I are both retired.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Everyday I take Stewie for a walk in the morning. Nice nature walk does us both good. Yesterday she got a light trim and a bath. She prances around like a little prima donna after she gets cleaned up. She likes it! She needs a new halter. Hers is starting to fray around the armpits. Lol. Furbabies

Here's the dirty girl, pre-trim. She doesn't look that much different. :)

P8250059.JPG

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Note to self, don't leave the 5 month old JRT puppies unattended very long and the kleenex box out!

IMG_1719.JPG

·
Premium Member
15,112 Posts
Took Cooper out for our daily 3 mile walk.Had to cut it down to 2 since he was starting to get hot. He only terrorized one person on a bike today as he believes no one else should be on the streets unless he knows them.
Had his treat and a couple of ice cubes. Now he's chilling until the mailman shows up.

·
26,312 Posts
I just held Anthony through a grand mal seizure. Reasonably certain that I am wearing part of the contents of his bladder..... When it was over, I gave him a bath in the kitchen sink, wrapped him in a towel and cuddled him until he was ready to shake it off. Now he is looking for more food.....

·
26,312 Posts
I am glad he is better. That has to be a very hard thing to deal with emotionally.
The first time it happened, I freaked out. Eventually I figured out that certain sounds trigger them, one being striking a metal spoon against a ceramic bowl. Today, I dropped a plastic avocado keeper and even though I caught it up against the cabinet, it was enough to trigger him. Susie found a study by some British (I think) Veterinarians that called it Feline Auditory Response Syndrome. It happens in older cats, especially those with other health issues.

·
Administrator
43,501 Posts
The first time it happened, I freaked out. Eventually I figured out that certain sounds trigger them, one being striking a metal spoon against a ceramic bowl. Today, I dropped a plastic avocado keeper and even though I caught it up against the cabinet, it was enough to trigger him. Susie found a study by some British (I think) Veterinarians that called it Feline Auditory Response Syndrome. It happens in older cats, especially those with other health issues.
Wow that is something that I never knew.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts