Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,065 Posts
Took Cooper to the Vet today.Seems he's been drinking and peeing a lot. Vet took some blood work and will analyze his urine once I bring it in tomorrow. He weighed in at 78 lbs. which the Vet said was perfect.

On average,he's a little young ( 4 yrs. old) for Kidney or diabetes failure but it is possible along with a urinary infection of some kind.
Hopefully,the tests will determine this. In the meantime I have to keep an exact record of how much water he drinks over the next three days.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Took Cooper to the Vet today.Seems he's been drinking and peeing a lot. Vet took some blood work and will analyze his urine once I bring it in tomorrow. He weighed in at 78 lbs. which the Vet said was perfect.

On average,he's a little young ( 4 yrs. old) for Kidney or diabetes failure but it is possible along with a urinary infection of some kind.
Hopefully,the tests will determine this. In the meantime I have to keep an exact record of how much water he drinks over the next three days.
Keep us updated please.

·
Premium Member
15,065 Posts
This is a public service announcement concerning the collection of a urine sample from a male dog.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT try to hold a plastic container and the dog at the same time while he is peeing, prior to having your morning coffee.
Your male dog will end up with a back paw full of pee as he drops his leg into the container and you will end up with a warm,wet hand with a yellowish tint. You will also rattle off a string of curses faster than an AR-15.
Fortunately,there was enough left to get a sample and the results will be in tomorrow.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
26,299 Posts
This is a public service announcement concerning the collection of a urine sample from a male dog.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT try to hold a plastic container and the dog at the same time while he is peeing, prior to having your morning coffee.
Your male dog will end up with a back paw full of pee as he drops his leg into the container and you will end up with a warm,wet hand with a yellowish tint. You will also rattle off a string of curses faster than an AR-15.
Fortunately,there was enough left to get a sample and the results will be in tomorrow.
LMAO.....

·
What's Old is New Again!
33,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

Almost spit my Iced Tea through my nose!

·
Registered
4,446 Posts

Hilarious! I'd have used a funnel. Tape it to the container...covers more square footage. I had to get a urine sample on a dog once too. Similar results the first try for me too.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
25,204 Posts

Oh my!!! You should try creative writing for a living.............

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts

Been there done that many times! You described it to a tee Art!!

·
Premium Member
15,065 Posts
Keep us updated please.
Good News ! Just got a call from the Vet who said all blood and urine levels were normal. Still need to report on how much he drinks for the next three days,but so far so good. That was worth getting peed on first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Good News ! Just got a call from the Vet who said all blood and urine levels were normal. Still need to report on how much he drinks for the next three days,but so far so good. That was worth getting peed on first thing in the morning.
Great news!

·
Registered
77 Posts

I know I'm late to the party (just saw the thread, honest!), but here's a vet tech hack we use at the hospital for non-sterile urine samples from male or female dogs- soup ladles or big plastic kitchen spoons. Keeps you at arm's length from the line of fire, and collects a good amount! Just remember to not put it back in the kitchen drawer...:eek:
Hope Cooper continues to do well!

81 - 100 of 140 Posts