Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To upgrade from the 130 stereo in my R/T ? It has 7 speakers and I would be happy just to get the 430 W/O NAV, is there a plug and play option or not for a 2014 ? What I've seen on Ebay is quite pricey and have found none for sale anywhere else. Would earlier years work ? Thanks, John

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,616 Posts
To upgrade from the 130 stereo in my R/T ? It has 7 speakers and I would be happy just to get the 430 W/O NAV, is there a plug and play option or not for a 2014 ? What I've seen on Ebay is quite pricey and have found none for sale anywhere else. Would earlier years work ? Thanks, John
I believe 2012 and up are anti theft and require codes otherwise they should be plug and play.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's only has 6 speakers not 7, I don't get why they make such a nice package and then put the cheapest stereo in it, I do like the sound of the motor better than the radio in it. I just miss the USB port my ford Flex had in it, that was pretty nice.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you should have a USB port in you console no?
I have the 130 deck in my 13 and it has the console USB.
Yup, I'm getting that old timers crap, I tried plugging in my USB stick when I bought it but it was about -20 outside and I could not get it in there so I just left it in the console and forgot about it. I just remembered this thread and went out there at 11:45pm and set off the alarm by mistake key fob was in my coat pocket and it was beeping for a good 40 seconds but fumbling around for the fob it seemed like 10 minutes, sorry neighbors LOL but I got my USB stick in which was a very tight fit even being warmer but now I'm a much happier camper, I would like the top of the line system but I'll survive with this for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts