Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys so heres the rundown on my baby .. 2012 30xxx miles mainly hwy miles .. Been to the track once .. But I have the money for a supercharger but I wanna make sure I have everything I need on the car before I jump on it . so far this is my mods
CAI.t1000.jba shorty. Catless mids ,magnaflow muff.,180 tstat and catch can... I'm thinking about a 85mm tb before I do it what do y'all think ?? Also I'm thinking about getting a tube kmember does anyone have one on there dd .and if you do was it worth the money

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would check into a turbo charger kit not a supercharger and u might be able to go with a 87 mm throttle body do your homework nows the time the turbos are hidden under the car that's what iam going for good luck drivem like u running from the law

·
12,989 Posts
I would say you pretty well have your bases covered with your current mods, a larger throttle body will help but it wouldn't hurt to get some professional advice being you are going the Supercharger route. One other additional thing you might want to look into is having Anti spin (LSD) installed if you don't have it already. IMO putting all that power on one wheel with an open ended rear is not a good thing.

Reactions: jklotz10

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
I'd still like to see some proof that a larger TB is beneficial. The best anyone's seem to have said about it is that it gave them better sound. That ain't really much bang for the buck, IMO. I've thought about getting one for my car but it just doesn't seem to be smart money.

·
12,989 Posts
I'd still like to see some proof that a larger TB is beneficial. The best anyone's seem to have said about it is that it gave them better sound. That ain't really much bang for the buck, IMO. I've thought about getting one for my car but it just doesn't seem to be smart money.
Josh at HHP claimed there is a 10 HP gain with the Arrington 85 mm throttle body along with the Magnuson Supercharger. Its not earth shaddering but its something.

·
Registered
313 Posts
OK guys so heres the rundown on my baby .. 2012 30xxx miles mainly hwy miles .. Been to the track once .. But I have the money for a supercharger but I wanna make sure I have everything I need on the car before I jump on it . so far this is my mods
CAI.t1000.jba shorty. Catless mids ,magnaflow muff.,180 tstat and catch can... I'm thinking about a 85mm tb before I do it what do y'all think ?? Also I'm thinking about getting a tube kmember does anyone have one on there dd .and if you do was it worth the money
AFAIK, you don't "need" anything for the SC. They are all designed to be used with a stock engine. If you're concerned with future mods, I'd check with what SC provides the best capability for expansion. IMHO, tht'd b a KB or a centrifigal. Things that add breathability, like CAI, headers and exhaust you already have. Definately a custom dyno tune should be on your short list.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Magnuson Supercharger with 90mm Arrington TB & 90mm Magnuson Snout, 392 Cam or Custom Grind, Non-MDS Lifters, PSI 1511 Valve Springs, Port Match Exhaust Ports on Heads while off, TUNE TUNE TUNE, Enjoy!

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Josh at HHP claimed there is a 10 HP gain with the Arrington 85 mm throttle body along with the Magnuson Supercharger. Its not earth shaddering but its something.
I guess that's something! Just a matter of deciding if it's worth the cash. :smileup:

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
i guess what it all boils down to is how much HP are you looking for? you can obtain 500 HP with an 8lb magnacharger... anything after that, my understanding, you will most likely be going to the "next level" and things get even more expensive... so if you are comfortable with 500 HP, there really isn't any reason to spend extra money on things for little gains here and there... you are already at the finish line of your current engine and drive train limitations... save your money on the throttle body... JMO...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts