Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either I can't do a proper search or maybe it's assumed knowledge. Have looked on the Dodge site, here, and general searches. The window sticker shows R/T Scat Pack yet the engine is listed as SRT. What have I missed?

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The regular R/T comes with the 5.7 and the Scat Pack with the 6.4 motor which is an SRT motor.
Many thanks for the reply.

I knew it was a 6.4 motor...so basically the 'S" part of the grill badge has been deleted, is that correct?...:)

Bob
p.s. many thanks for your service!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
R/T - 5.7L
R/T Plus - 5.7L
R/T Classic - 5.7L
R/T Scat Pack - 6.4L

SRT - 6.4L

The R/T Scat Pack shares the same drivetrain as the SRT. Same engine, trans, rear end, etc. But that's about it.

- Scat Pack has 4 piston Brembo brakes vs SRT has 6 piston Brembo brakes
- Scat Pack has fixed one mode suspension vs SRT has 3 mode adjustable suspension
- Scat Pack does not have SRT drive modes vs SRT has SRT drive modes (Track, Sport, Street, etc)
- Scat Pack has the standard hood vs SRT has the AAR style hood

There are other small differences too, but those are the main ones I can think of.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
R/T - 5.7L
R/T Plus - 5.7L
R/T Classic - 5.7L
R/T Scat Pack - 6.4L

SRT - 6.4L

The R/T Scat Pack shares the same drivetrain as the SRT. Same engine, trans, rear end, etc. But that's about it.

- Scat Pack has 4 piston Brembo brakes vs SRT has 6 piston Brembo brakes
- Scat Pack has fixed one mode suspension vs SRT has 3 mode adjustable suspension
- Scat Pack does not have SRT drive modes vs SRT has SRT drive modes (Track, Sport, Street, etc)
- Scat Pack has the standard hood vs SRT has the AAR style hood

There are other small differences too, but those are the main ones I can think of.
Thanks! It's been fun going from the '14 SXT...

Bob

·
Premium Member
12,625 Posts
SRT has different steering wheel, seats

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
I knew it was a 6.4 motor...so basically the 'S" part of the grill badge has been deleted, is that correct?...:)
Not sure if that is a joke or a rhetorical question but the RT badge on the front of a ScatPack grill is the standard RT badge used on all RT models. And, of course, RT stands for: Road/Track while SRT stands for Street(and)Racing Technology. Never occured to me until you asked that they both had "RT" in the initials!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if that is a joke or a rhetorical question but the RT badge on the front of a ScatPack grill is the standard RT badge used on all RT models. And, of course, RT stands for: Road/Track while SRT stands for Street(and)Racing Technology. Never occured to me until you asked that they both had "RT" in the initials!
Many thanks!

Bob

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
;););)
Hey hey.....everyvody is being way too civil and descent here. I belong to a few fb groups where folks actually spend the energy to get bent out of shape over this "controversy" lol
Well around here we, unlike the rest of the country act like adults :p and don't get offended over everyone's thought. #no snowflakes here ;)

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Hey hey.....everyvody is being way too civil and descent here. I belong to a few fb groups where folks actually spend the energy to get bent out of shape over this "controversy" lol
Haha yeah, if you want to see a lot of that go on Youtube and read the comments section under some of these drag racing videos. Wow people take it way too seriously!

·
Premium Member
9,631 Posts
Fakebook is what it is!!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
brother the biggest difference in the RT and the SRT is the "S" stands for $$$$$ unless you are going to need/used all the things listed above, just go with the Scat Pack, only reason I have an SRT is I found it at a great deal and used, 90% of the things that comes with the SRT I have used only 20% of the time. but I am also just a cruiser, just I took it to track 1 time to try it out, I don't street race I just love looking good lol.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
brother the biggest difference in the RT and the SRT is the "S" stands for $$$$$ unless you are going to need/used all the things listed above, just go with the Scat Pack, only reason I have an SRT is I found it at a great deal and used, 90% of the things that comes with the SRT I have used only 20% of the time. but I am also just a cruiser, just I took it to track 1 time to try it out, I don't street race I just love looking good lol.
Me too but up till a few months ago until I saw a 392 Hemi SRT8 and I knew I wanted one with the badging.I finally got one and is happy as a duck in a pond.Though mine might never make it to the track I know what it can do from here and on You Tube videos.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts