Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Me too but up till a few months ago until I saw a 392 Hemi SRT8 and I knew I wanted one with the badging.I finally got one and is happy as a duck in a pond.Though mine might never make it to the track I know what it can do from here and on You Tube videos.
brother I know what you mean with looking good, before the SPs I wanted the biggest and best engine which when I got my 1st RTC was the SRT but gas was too high lol. now I'm happy my Deloris (15 SRT)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
brother I know what you mean with looking good, before the SPs I wanted the biggest and best engine which when I got my 1st RTC was the SRT but gas was too high lol. now I'm happy my Deloris (15 SRT)
Actually was looking at a few SRT8 Magnums as I had a 06 R/T but in the back of my mind I always wanted a Challenger.When I start her up and start shifting my 6 speed I feel like I am back in the 70's driving a 1970 Challenger. Its like my very own time machine.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Track mode is only on SRTs or higher. like Jazz blue SP 392 sais Tazer will unlock all the pages and other goodies

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A 392
841 Posts
You are correct sorry. I have Sport Mode button and a Track timer thing in the main screen but never pressed it. No Tazer. 4 miles on it when I bought it. Timer is totally different than the Srt track mode
I have sport mode and the track timer as well. Sorry but that's not the same thing as track mode. You do not have track mode after all.

·
Premium Member
8,973 Posts
I first bought the RT, then the SRT then the RT SP. There are some definite differences, but the best thing about all of them was the fact that they were all CHALLENGERS! LOL. I still love every one of the beasts that I have owned, and each was for different reasons. "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2020 Scat Pack has SRT drive modes and performance pages as listed on the invoice. The first thing you see on the screen when you start the car is SRT. So, that said, what comprises an SRT car vs a Scat Pack. The one obvious thing I see is four piston Bremen’s vice 6 piston on the Hellcat. I’m new to Dodge and the whole SRT thing seems confusing to me. Any explanations would be helpful.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,533 Posts
SRT cars came with a different suspension & handling package as well.....it's can be ordered on a scat pack as the dynamics package.

There are MANY posts on this...do some searching, you'll find plenty to read....

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,179 Posts
They no longer make the SRT model Challenger, some of the options they came with can be ordered in packages now. The Hellcat and Redeye are considered SRT vehicles now.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,533 Posts
Do they Scat Packs get the flat bottom steering wheel too now ??

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,533 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
R/T - 5.7L
R/T Plus - 5.7L
R/T Classic - 5.7L
R/T Scat Pack - 6.4L

SRT - 6.4L

The R/T Scat Pack shares the same drivetrain as the SRT. Same engine, trans, rear end, etc. But that's about it.

• Scat Pack has 4 piston Brembo brakes vs SRT has 6 piston Brembo brakes
  • Scat Pack has fixed one mode suspension vs SRT has 3 mode adjustable suspension
  • Scat Pack does not have SRT drive modes vs SRT has SRT drive modes (Track, Sport, Street, etc)
  • Scat Pack has the standard hood vs SRT has the AAR style hood

There are other small differences too, but those are the main ones I can think of.
OK.
I have a 2019 Scat Pack R/T with the Dynamics Package. It has, in addition to a whole lot of other stuff...

• 392 SRT Hemi MDS Engine
  • 6 piston Brembo front brakes
  • 20 inch x 9.5 inch low gloss black forged wheels
  • 275/40ZR20 Pirelli AS Performance tires
  • High Performance Suspension
  • Electronic Stability Control
  • Line Lock
  • Launch Control
  • SRT Drive Modes (Track, Street, Sport, Custom)
  • SRT Performance Pages
  • SRT Performance Spoiler
  • SRT Front Spliter
  • Performance Hood with Heat Extractors

So, other than not having a supercharged 6.2L engine, what does the Hellcat have over that?
Not trying to be confrontational, but I'm a Corvette guy and new to Mopar and just asking.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,179 Posts
OK.
I have a 2019 Scat Pack R/T with the Dynamics Package. It has, in addition to a whole lot of other stuff...

• 392 SRT Hemi MDS Engine
  • 6 piston Brembo front brakes
  • 20 inch x 9.5 inch low gloss black forged wheels
  • 275/40ZR20 Pirelli AS Performance tires
  • High Performance Suspension
  • Electronic Stability Control
  • Line Lock
  • Launch Control
  • SRT Drive Modes (Track, Street, Sport, Custom)
  • SRT Performance Pages
  • SRT Performance Spoiler
  • SRT Front Spliter
  • Performance Hood with Heat Extractors
So, other than not having a supercharged 6.2L engine, what does the Hellcat have over that?
Not trying to be confrontational, but I'm a Corvette guy and new to Mopar and just asking.
222 hp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have nearly the same thing identical to your list except mine has 20 inch by 9 wheels and 4 piston Brembo’s. The 20 X 9 wheels are not enough for rear traction and when I can afford it I will get sticker and larger Nitto tires. I ditched my C5 and gen IV Camaro for this car. It does not handle as well as it should even in Track mode. I will add the front and probably rear strut bars, and poly bushings for the sway bars or a different set of sway bars. For sound and a little power, I’ll add a Corsa cat-backs. Further down the road, I’ll get an unlocked PCM and tune to best performance. This engine and cam should make 525 bhp when tuned correctly. Torque numbers should nearly approximate bhp. I have already installed a catch can and the Hellcat air box which was a pain to install because of the difficulty removing the plug on the air catcher headlamp. It was as if Dodge deliberately did it want you to have a ram-air enabled Scat Pack. Without gapping the rings, I would not use Nitrous or turbo, thus it will remain NA.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts