Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,533 Posts
OK.
I have a 2019 Scat Pack R/T with the Dynamics Package. It has, in addition to a whole lot of other stuff...

• 392 SRT Hemi MDS Engine
  • 6 piston Brembo front brakes
  • 20 inch x 9.5 inch low gloss black forged wheels
  • 275/40ZR20 Pirelli AS Performance tires
  • High Performance Suspension
  • Electronic Stability Control
  • Line Lock
  • Launch Control
  • SRT Drive Modes (Track, Street, Sport, Custom)
  • SRT Performance Pages
  • SRT Performance Spoiler
  • SRT Front Spliter
  • Performance Hood with Heat Extractors
So, other than not having a supercharged 6.2L engine, what does the Hellcat have over that?
Not trying to be confrontational, but I'm a Corvette guy and new to Mopar and just asking.

Totally different and adjustable suspension, and a flat bottom steering wheel...and oh yeah...over 200 more HP....and that's just off the top of my head.

If you have the dynamics package, it could also have been ordered with the same adjustable suspension for another grand....but it is not part of it normally, or at least not the last time I looked at the dodge website

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
What is the difference between an SRT and RT?

In the most simplistic terms, it comes down to people wanting to do things to an R/T to get it to act like an SRT.
There were short comings with the R/T in the beginning. Less HP, brake fade, handling issues to name a few.
Hence Dodge stepped up with options/packages to enhance performance without the price tag.
I can't quote all the packages but the Scat Pack R/T has those things that are included in the SRT to a point.
More options can be added to get even closer, yet key ingredients that are SRT specific, in keeping one distinct from the other, exist.
The main thing is, there is a difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
my 2019 scat pack has all the srt items except for the adjustable suspension and the upgraded brakes and tires. those were the only differences that I had seen when I was researching before I bought mine. I could be wrong, usually am, but I know when I went in that this wasn't a redeye/demon, etc. I also knew that it wasn't the srt's from years before, but, I also knew that with this model year that I bought, I wouldn't need the tazer because it came with the performance pages already on. line lock, track mode, etc. I love the car as-is. enough power for me for the driving that I do. would I like one of the supercharged variants, of course I would. would I like to be getting 4 miles to the gallon the way I drive, of course not.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
my 2019 scat pack has all the srt items except for the adjustable suspension and the upgraded brakes and tires. those were the only differences that I had seen when I was researching before I bought mine. I could be wrong, usually am, but I know when I went in that this wasn't a redeye/demon, etc. I also knew that it wasn't the srt's from years before, but, I also knew that with this model year that I bought, I wouldn't need the tazer because it came with the performance pages already on. line lock, track mode, etc. I love the car as-is. enough power for me for the driving that I do. would I like one of the supercharged variants, of course I would. would I like to be getting 4 miles to the gallon the way I drive, of course not.
But can you do a light show without a Tazer?

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
light show? I guess with my question that means no. we get a light show? light lazer light? like what used to be played at the planetarium in Brooklyn with pink Floyd playing in the background? I want that sooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
ok, just watched a youtube video on the tazer light show. is that legal? I was always under the impression that any and all flashing lights were only to be used by emergency vehicles. if not, I want a tazer now. its not pink Floyd lazer light show, but I will take it.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,533 Posts
ok, just watched a youtube video on the tazer light show. is that legal? I was always under the impression that any and all flashing lights were only to be used by emergency vehicles. if not, I want a tazer now. its not pink Floyd lazer light show, but I will take it.

Ya also pick up a line lock function if your car currently doesn't have one

·
Registered
5 Posts
R/T - 5.7L
R/T Plus - 5.7L
R/T Classic - 5.7L
R/T Scat Pack - 6.4L

SRT - 6.4L

The R/T Scat Pack shares the same drivetrain as the SRT. Same engine, trans, rear end, etc. But that's about it.

• Scat Pack has 4 piston Brembo brakes vs SRT has 6 piston Brembo brakes
  • Scat Pack has fixed one mode suspension vs SRT has 3 mode adjustable suspension
  • Scat Pack does not have SRT drive modes vs SRT has SRT drive modes (Track, Sport, Street, etc)
  • Scat Pack has the standard hood vs SRT has the AAR style hood

There are other small differences too, but those are the main ones I can think of.
This is all obviously untrue these days.
;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2019 Scat Pack comes with adjustable suspension.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i own a r/t plus more then enough car to get in trouble with. did my street racing and hell rasing in the 70s now i just cruise in an awesome looking car
Next time I see a Hellcat street racing will be the first time but then I don't get out that much. Most of the people buying them seem to be sane adults and I don't see too many of them offered at a discount used. They're awesome vehicles no matter which model and imagine an extremely high percentage are never going to be used anywhere near their capabilities in any event. Honestly, other than the engine size and tire size the R/T plus seems to check all the boxes especially with the super track pack option (HD brakes albeit not 6 piston brembos but they work fine and I'd probably have it parked long before they'd begin to fade). My priority was just getting a bulletproof V8 and a manual transmission and I think the 5.7 covers that, in 2015 I think the difference was around 10K and if the 6.4 engine had been the one with some history and the 5.7 somewhat new I probably would have gone that route. Great thing is there is no need to justify anything to anyone with regard to what model you choose to own. Dodges website for the build&price section used to alert/show you the differences in models once you went up a model (is that no longer a feature?)

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
My priority was just getting a bulletproof V8 and a manual transmission and I think the 5.7 covers that, in 2015 I think the difference was around 10K and if the 6.4 engine had been the one with some history and the 5.7 somewhat new I probably would have gone that route. Great thing is there is no need to justify anything to anyone with regard to what model you choose to own.
You are correct. I owned 2 RTs and the first one was at 60k miles with absolutely no problems. Change the oil and drive it! 2nd one was heavily modified with a supercharger and it had zero problems as well. Hot Rod magazine had an article a few years back where they took a 5.7 through different stages of upgrades with nary a hiccup. Not sure if my current engine, a 6.4, is as durable.
So - getting back to the original thread about the differences between the RT (5.7) and the SRT8 (6.4): The 5.7 is a great, proven engine with loads of building potential. The 6.4 is also a fine engine but not sure about it‘s long range durability and lots of threads here advising against trying to use forced-air- induction modifications. Time will tell.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
My 2019 Scat Pack comes with adjustable suspension.
yes you are correct, i think faster than i can write. sorry. fat greek fingers eating gyro's while typing is not conducive to coherent writing.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,456 Posts
The difference.... the window sticker of one says R/T..... the other says SRT..... otherwise Dodge has done more to muddy the water than anyone.....

41 - 60 of 60 Posts