Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to help a friend who is thinking about a 2014 R/T Classic. I have an '13 R/T+. The R/T Classic option 28M is $4000. The R/T+ option 28J is $2000. What do you get for the extra $2000? All I can find is Func. Hood Scoops, High In. Headlamps, Challenger Scripts on Fenders, Body Stripes, Prem. Seats. Are there other items? Is this worth the extra $2000? Are the Prem Seats that much different? Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
149 Posts
I believe different wheels (Heritage and classic[look like cragar SS style])and if I am not mistaken (I am sure someone who knows more will chime in) something with the suspension They sit a little lower than the RT +. I would say drive and look at both, go with whichever one gives that warm fuzzy happy feeling.... regardless, that is the one to get.

One thing that IMO was a positive for a Plus is the Ability to get the Mopar Appearance package. IE: The T/A style hood, stripes, and the go wing spoiler. While not for some, I really like the look.... not even sure if it is an available option anymore.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
I really like the fact that they offer the heritage option, I think as far as factory options go it's a great deal. Almost as good a deal as the 900 dollar track pack in 09! (there was no super track pack)

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
The Dodge website shows exactly the differences between each and every package. In some cases there are more differences than people realize or often think to mention.

http://www.dodge.com/model-compare/quick-chart/?modelYearCode=CUD201403

Just click on the "X" and take out the ones you don't want in the comparison to make things easier and narrow down the field....

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you go to the dealer and look at them side by side, the difference shows up much more clearly than it does in the brochures. It's worth it in my opinion to get one of the packages (classic, redline, blacktop) because they bump you up to the 20s and the lower rear ratio and add some appearance goodies on top of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.