Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is that I have radio controls on the back of my steering wheel. With a manual shifter I am unlikely to use them anyway (just as easy to move my right hand to the actual radio) but I still feel kind of dumb (this was after 5 years).

·
Registered
252 Posts
Lol, took me a day to figure out they were in the back of the steering wheel.
Don't know what I'm missing out on now. I guess that's good. I keep reading things that are in the screen controls but I don't find them on mine. SRTs have more than the RT Plus I guess.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,094 Posts
I am sure there are lots of things I haven't figured out, mostly cause I already know the stuff I like in the car, and I just don't bother trying to figure out other things. I don't use a lot of the tech stuff in the radio screen, just not into that. Good music, good sound system, and good sounding exhaust, and that is what I like the most!

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,578 Posts
I had the low battery warning display on my instrument cluster for the FOB on my 2016. Checked the owners manual I downloaded when I bought the car new and learned that there are instructions in it showing how to replace the battery. Tip of the Day: READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL! :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The audio control buttons on the back of the steering wheel was something the dealer told me about when I bought the car. I did not like them for about a day. Now I wonder why everyone does not do it like this. I'm frustrated when I drive my 4runner and the audio controls on the wheel are in a crappy location. There are lots of driver controls that I find highly questionable on the Challenger (foot parking brake? Really?!) but the audio control buttons aren't one of them.

Zach

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
i found out that if i have the a/c on it will shut off if you go over 100. did cars always do that? i honestly do not remember any of my other cars, when spirited driving was involved, ever have the a/c stop blowing cold. wonder why that is?

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,462 Posts
That it's super easy to reset the Oil Change Required on EVIC. The dealership failed to do it when I brought my Challenger in for service last month.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i found out that if i have the a/c on it will shut off if you go over 100. did cars always do that? i honestly do not remember any of my other cars, when spirited driving was involved, ever have the a/c stop blowing cold. wonder why that is?
Ac is on a WOT from the factory. Its made to shut off the compressor. Id say its to keep pressure from getting to high. Benefit is few hp when your aggressively into the throttle.
Its been around for a while so its not new. Think all electronic injection cars have this

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,578 Posts
I like the foot parking brake
I do too! Free's up more room in the center console and, being an old fart, I'm used to things designed back in the good old days. In those days they also used to have the headlight hi/lo beam foot switch down there too. I do like the modern version with it on the steering colum stalk better though.

·
Premium Member
17,225 Posts
Interesting. I don't do it very often but will pay attention to see if that happens to mine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My car was the prototype car for Belanger tri-y headers.. was also ordered at Woodhouse motorsports in NE, when new, they installed the exhaust package an the Mopar coil over kit ..
Was that something you found out about after purchasing it? Seems more like it should have been a selling point, (almost have to buy your vehicle from some third party that's doing a quick flip and really doesn't know or care about previous improvements or someones widow to have something like this buried in its provenance I would have thought). Nice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am sure there are lots of things I haven't figured out, mostly cause I already know the stuff I like in the car, and I just don't bother trying to figure out other things. I don't use a lot of the tech stuff in the radio screen, just not into that. Good music, good sound system, and good sounding exhaust, and that is what I like the most!
You know they are there though and could figure it out if required. My priorities when purchasing the vehicle were ventilated, black leather seats , a manual transmission and delete the stripes, stereo never made it to the conversation just the 6.4 v 5.7 choice. 2015 must have been an ordering challenge for whatever reason, not sure all the versions have the same steering wheel controls and it would have been nice if the dealer had a clue on delivery but I'm pretty sure I was a lot more informed than him. Second last thing I found out was all models capable of using the headlight opening as part of CAI. I sometimes drive around with the radio muted anyway...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting but not sure I would have ever found out about that one...

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,462 Posts
Interesting. I don't do it very often but will pay attention to see if that happens to mine.
Um, yeah. Like you needed an excuse to test the AC compressor by goosing your Challenger's throttle.

That Pedal Commander has diablo'd you, my friend.

·
Premium Member
17,225 Posts
Um, yeah. Like you needed an excuse to test the AC compressor by goosing your Challenger's throttle.

That Pedal Commander has diablo'd you, my friend.
lol. "Honestly officer, I was just checking for a possible defect in my A/C system at higher speeds".

I do enjoy the heck out of driving my car with no delay in the throttle.

·
Registered
328 Posts
For me it was probably the bump shift on my automatic, and how to get it to go back into auto mode (hold it to the right)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts