Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you build a new Challenger with a CA zip code today (4/23), dodge.com automatically includes the following rebates:

However, the dealerships call them "factory incentives" and say these are only applied to built vehicles shipped out of the factory. Since a new order is going to take at least 8 weeks, the dealers are refusing to apply any factory incentives, saying they might be different in June.

Well, if this is the case then what is the point of having factory incentives at all if they cannot be used for new orders?

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
When you build a new Challenger with a CA zip code today (4/23), dodge.com automatically includes the following rebates:

However, the dealerships call them "factory incentives" and say these are only applied to built vehicles shipped out of the factory. Since a new order is going to take at least 8 weeks, the dealers are refusing to apply any factory incentives, saying they might be different in June.

Well, if this is the case then what is the point of having factory incentives at all if they cannot be used for new orders?
To help dealers sell the inventory that they have. Dealers rarely if ever know of upcoming incentives. They know if next month is going to be better, the sales people would tell their customers to wait so they can get a better deal to improve their chances of selling a car. The factory money doesn't come out of their pocket. There has been several times when I sold Cadillacs that I saw a new customer rebate when reading USA today in the early morning, only to be notified of it later that morning in a sales meeting.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,006 Posts
To help dealers sell the inventory that they have. Dealers rarely if ever know of upcoming incentives. They know if next month is going to be better, the sales people would tell their customers to wait so they can get a better deal to improve their chances of selling a car. The factory money doesn't come out of their pocket. There has been several times when I sold Cadillacs that I saw a new customer rebate when reading USA today in the early morning, only to be notified of it later that morning in a sales meeting.
He says they are telling him he can't use them on vehicles in stock which is BS.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I think they are feeding you a line. I got $4,250 in incentives for my region on my T/A order on 4/11. The only catch is FCA says you must take delivery by 5/1. My dealer says as long as you get the order in before that, the incentives are locked in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts