Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,142 Posts
Have you been able to trace it to it's source?......Possibly some sort of venting. ....My son's Jeep had a similar hose near the master cylinder that vented his front differential.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just caught my eye while changing my oil filter. Surely all Pentastars have it. Thought I'd ask before skinning my knuckles taking the engine cover off :rolleyes:.
OK. One skinned knuckle later, it appears to be an auto transmission vent coming off the top just behind the torque converter.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thats the hidden nitrous hose. Lol
What you unhooked it!!! Omg hook it back up for extra hidden power. Lol
The other end where the bottle goes is in the trunk. Its hidden so search good for it. Lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
Isn't it the drain for the Turn Signal Fluid?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I did not like that the "sealed" transmission had an open vent hose that could suck in dirt or let little spiders lay eggs in, So I put a gas filter made for a lawnmower engine on the end of the hose it lets pressure out and when the transmission cools down lets only clean filtered air in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did not like that the "sealed" transmission had an open vent hose that could suck in dirt or let little spiders lay eggs in, So I put a gas filter made for a lawnmower engine on the end of the hose it lets pressure out and when the transmission cools down lets only clean filtered air in.
How about a picture and part number 😁

1 - 16 of 16 Posts