Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it might be a fun and informative thread to post up all those little things we find in or on our Challengers for which purpose or function befuddles us. Please feel free to post up your Challenger mystery, no matter how innocuous.

OK, what is this dome shaped thing mounted dead center on my dash, and what does it do?

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And why do I have Velcro on my seat belt latches?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,555 Posts
The thing on your dash is the sensor for auto headlamps.

Reactions: HemiMetal

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing on your dash is the sensor for auto headlamps.
Thanks Corbin! That was my gut feeling, but then I thought the dome looks like solid plastic and thought it might have another use.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,555 Posts
Thanks Corbin! That was my gut feeling, but then I thought the dome looks like solid plastic and thought it might have another use.
I found out when I put a dash mat on, if the sensor was not centered in the cutout the auto headlights would come on in daylight.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
And why do I have Velcro on my seat belt latches?
the velcro is to protect anything that the latch can rub against..i.e. the console
I was wondering this same thing! Looked down one day and say "Huh, has that always been there?" Thought a mod fairy slipped in and gave me something weird lol! :4-looney:

Thanks for the answer Rob :rep:

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
Compass

I found out when I put a dash mat on, if the sensor was not centered in the cutout the auto headlights would come on in daylight.
I wallerred out my dash mat around the sensor because of this.

·
Premium Member
12,524 Posts
I wish my 2008 Charger had had those thr center console has rub marks from 6 years of belt use. Good info everyone.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the velcro is to protect anything that the latch can rub against..i.e. the console
Seems unusual. Never saw that application on any other car I have owned. Thanks for the reply Rob!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I don't have a photo but what are the round areas under the hood towards the front of the car whose only use is to hold a can of pop or beer.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
yup...beverage holders!!! Diode Dynamics make some really nice inserts for those to help dress up under the hood!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
yup...beverage holders!!! Diode Dynamics make some really nice inserts for those to help dress up under the hood!
Same! lol they hold a cherry coke perfectly well

As for the real reason I dunno, but like Andy said there are some sweet after market inserts I've seen in a lot of pictures that really make these bays shine! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
More Than Just A Car
20,520 Posts
Here is a quick, easy mod for those cup holders if you wish...buy those stick on magnets, there are various kinds, use what you like, lift up the shroud and stick one or two under each cup holder, You just gave your cup holders an additional function...they are also now a magnetic parts dish ! :smileup::smileup:

do it to both sides, so whatever side you beer ....ahem drink, is under the other is the magnetic parts dish.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Here is a quick, easy mod for those cup holders if you wish...buy those stick on magnets, there are various kinds, use what you like, lift up the shroud and stick one or two under each cup holder, You just gave your cup holders an additional function...they are also now a magnetic parts dish ! :smileup::smileup:

do it to both sides, so whatever side you beer ....ahem drink, is under the other is the magnetic parts dish.
I like that...might have to give it a shot. I put screws and such in those all the time. :smileup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts