Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds, well, silly. I was just replacing my speakers because I bought my challenger used. I was told that my challenger had the basic four speaker system. BUT I just found that there are three speakers in my front dash just under the front windshield (I have NO idea how I have never noticed this until now). So... What sound system do I actually have? That seems like 7 speakers to me. Does this mean I have a hidden (must be HORRIBLE) sub?

Also, I have a 4 channel amp, that i was gonna use with my aftermarket deck. Will this be enough to power all these speakers now? Could I run the three dash speakers off the deck and the door and rear with my amp?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have the boston acoustic speakers. not a bad speaker but you can definatly upgrade for not alot of money
So do I have a Sub? Didn't rip off the back cover yet, but I can't hear anything. So do I have the 7 or 8 speaker system?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
from what i remember you should have a sub in the back behind your seats in the middle between the other 2 speakers. since the sub is not technically considered a ''speaker'' you have 7 speakers and a sub woofer

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
its easy to see if you do or not. open the trunk, behind the seats there is a cover if you remove it you'll expose the bottom of the speakers. easiest way to see what you have

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its easy to see if you do or not. open the trunk, behind the seats there is a cover if you remove it you'll expose the bottom of the speakers. easiest way to see what you have
I'm going to pull that off when I get to my house and can do so. I was going to install a a 12inch Rockford Punch Sub, but depending on the back I might just swap out a Sub. Also, This is a big question, should I replace my 3 dash speakers? I am replacing everything else but how good are they? I noticed I will have to buy two sets of 3 1/2 since I can't find any place that sell speakers as singles.

(sorry didn't spell check, rush at work)

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I'm going to pull that off when I get to my house and can do so. I was going to install a a 12inch Rockford Punch Sub, but depending on the back I might just swap out a Sub. Also, This is a big question, should I replace my 3 dash speakers? I am replacing everything else but how good are they? I noticed I will have to buy two sets of 3 1/2 since I can't find any place that sell speakers as singles.

(sorry didn't spell check, rush at work)
yeah replace them. yes you'll have an extra speaker but who cares? the sound quality is worth it

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah replace them. yes you'll have an extra speaker but who cares? the sound quality is worth it
Sorry to beat a dead horse on this one, but last question. I went to a high and audio shop here . They told me that the center speaker in the dash is for blue tooth. He told me to replace the side ones and not the center one. Is this true? Would save me some trouble (and cash).

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
You have a 2010 just like me , after I connected the speakers I turned the radio on to check all the speakers before I closed them
Up and they all worked so I don't know about the Bluetooth thing you were told about . I'm not saying the person is wrong , wish I could of given you a better answer on this one

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
No, I think he's wrong (the stereo guy). You replace the three speakers and the bluetooth function will play through your speakers reguardless. Refresh my memory is there a small dome on the top center dash panel, if so that is I think your bluetooth antenna. Anyway just replace the three speakers. When I get home tonight I will look up something up for you that will show you how to remove that panel and replace those speakers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
No, I think he's wrong (the stereo guy). You replace the three speakers and the bluetooth function will play through your speakers reguardless. Refresh my memory is there a small dome on the top center dash panel, if so that is I think your bluetooth antenna. Anyway just replace the three speakers. When I get home tonight I will look up something up for you that will show you how to remove that panel and replace those speakers.
I thought that small dome was a daylight sensor.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Your right it is the daylight sensor....my bad

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's a speaker.
Last question, are they hard to change out? And what do I need to install aftermarket ones? I hear some mention of some sort of harness.

Send some reps your way regardless. Thanks for helping me with all these questions. Almost impossible to find info on these dash speakers.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
There's a thread see here that shows how to remove the front of the dash. It's very easy. Auto zone sells a plastic pry tool for about 15 dollars. You'll see on top of that dash the seem that you need to pry up to get to the speakers. You'll need a offset Philips screwdriver to get to the screws to remove the speakers. You can find am adaptor to plug the new speakers in but I bought from auto zone the crimp on plugs. Trust me it's very easy to install

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's a thread see here that shows how to remove the front of the dash. It's very easy. Auto zone sells a plastic pry tool for about 15 dollars. You'll see on top of that dash the seem that you need to pry up to get to the speakers. You'll need a offset Philips screwdriver to get to the screws to remove the speakers. You can find am adaptor to plug the new speakers in but I bought from auto zone the crimp on plugs. Trust me it's very easy to install
Perfect! Thank you for guiding me through all this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to note. I only had 2 dash speakers in the dash. There was no speaker in the center dash, just a hole where a speaker could one day be mounted.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts