Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(did you see something today that shocked, or surprised, or left you wondering)

WTF... :SHOCKED:
What the Hell??? :Wow1:

What were they thinking... :4-dontknow:

What are they smoking... :shakehead:

I just don't get it...:kap:

Here's my example:

Today I was at the dealership picking up my car. As I was walking to my car; a Plum Crazy R/T pulled into the service aisle and caught my eye. It was a GREAT LOOKING Challenger with a U-HAUL Tow Kit on it. :Wow1:

I have NEVER seen a Tow Package on our cars before. :shakehead:

I asked the woman: What do you tow with that? She said; their FISHING BOAT.:kap: Then I said: Huh!
She then said: Her husband didn't want to give up his truck, because he tows his boat with it. She then told him to just put the tow-hitch on the Challenger.

I just walked away "SMH" :shakehead:

(Let me be even more honest here: I'm sure my car has had the same effect on people that see it)

Let's hear about your sightings.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
Last weekend I passed an 06' Charger Daytona R/T on I-10.... pulling a trailer.. looked to be power washing equipment on it....

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Just watched a video clip of a 20 something kid wearing basket ball shorts just drive his brand new yellow Dodge Charger (the one with the black stripe around the tail) home from the dealer. First thing he did was carry a case out of his garage and plasti-dip the entire vehicle BLACK. paint, wheels, everything!
No sense posting the link. Now it looks like an old derelict POS.

-John

·
Registered
413 Posts
On the RT spec sheet it says max tow 1000lbs

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
(did you see something today that shocked, or surprised, or left you wondering)

WTF... :SHOCKED:
What the Hell??? :Wow1:

What were they thinking... :4-dontknow:

What are they smoking... :shakehead:

I just don't get it...:kap:

Here's my example:

Today I was at the dealership picking up my car. As I was walking to my car; a Plum Crazy R/T pulled into the service aisle and caught my eye. It was a GREAT LOOKING Challenger with a U-HAUL Tow Kit on it. :Wow1:

I have NEVER seen a Tow Package on our cars before. :shakehead:

I asked the woman: What do you tow with that? She said; their FISHING BOAT.:kap: Then I said: Huh!
She then said: Her husband didn't want to give up his truck, because he tows his boat with it. She then told him to just put the tow-hitch on the Challenger.

I just walked away "SMH" :shakehead:

(Let me be even more honest here: I'm sure my car has had the same effect on people that see it)

Let's hear about your sightings.
"Ouch"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This morning I stopped at my local coffee joint to get my cup of joe. I pulled out of the parking lot and cruised to the traffic light that was turning from Yellow TO RED. As I STOPPED; I look to my left just when a Penske Rental Moving Truck came with a non-descript car with cross traffic. They both cleared the intersection and were entering the two-lane freeway on-ramp, when a crotch rocket is coming behind them. Oh yeah; a State Trooper was behind the motorcycle and he hit his LIGHTS & SIREN. The dumb-azzz on the motorcycle took off like a Bat Out Of Hell, zig-zagging in between the non-descript car & Moving trunk. The Trooper picked up his Motorola Mike and obviously radioed the info.

When will these knuckle-heads learn???
Then isn't a motor vehicle on this planet that is faster than, or that can truly Out-Run a Motorola...

Though it was a slow News Day; I didn't expect to see this broadcasted, because it was to windy for choppers to be up flying around.

To quote one of our "Z" members:
"Some People's Kids"!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
you dont have to out run the motorola you just have to beat the other car or copter he is calling.

On a modern sport bike all it takes is getting to the next off ramp before they get reinforcements. and with the car and truck blocking the on ramp he will be well out of sight by the time the first car gets on the highway.

not that I would condone that behavior I would just as soon get a ticket/warning for doing something stupid than cuffs a ride and felony for running.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
Twice in my brazen and stupid past I have run from the staties on one of my bikes. Once was on my 1983 GPZ1100 and a few years later on a Yamaha V-Max. On the country roads in Maine, you take a turn, and by the time they figure where you went, it's too late. They also don't have the resources in a rural state to get the locals involved where to look for you. And... if you are not specifically identified, what are they going to do.
But those days are over for me. I simply don't have the reflexes I had 30 years ago.
-John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts