Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone,

So currently I have a 2019 Challenger SXT. And I plan to upgrade when I get back from my deployment to some sort of V8 but am unsure on what one to get. If y'all could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. I prefer to drive manual transmission but I guess automatic works as well. Was thinking of getting the 392 or the hellcat just ain't sure what to get. I will definitely make some modifications once I get it. So let me know what y'all think I should do.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,343 Posts
Thanks for your service, either are a great choice. Just watch your expenses. Hellcats are usually more to insure and harder on gas. If it is a daily driver the Scat Pack might be a better choice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your service, either are a great choice. Just watch your expenses. Hellcats are usually more to insure and harder on gas. If it is a daily driver the Scat Pack might be a better choice.
What about when it comes modifications. Would the hellcat be easier to modifications or the scat pack.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
What about when it comes modifications. Would the hellcat be easier to modifications or the scat pack.
If you are going to mod the car get a used one with no warranty.

Really I have owned a 2018 Scat Pack (2 months then traded it in for a Hellcat) and a 2018 Hellcat (for over 2 years) and felt no need to mod the Scat Pack and feel no need to modify the Hellcat.

Keep in mind the Hellcat can cost around twice what a Scat Pack can cost and is about "twice" as costly to maintain. There is insurance, registration/property tax, to consider along with gas consumption -- 15mpg in my typical usage -- and tires. Have 25K on the original front tires -- the rears were replaced at 13.6K when a rear tire received a puncture -- are showing signs of wear and it won't be much longer before they get replaced.

The Hellcat is a more complex car and outside of a warranty, it might not be the best car to own, compared to the Scat Pack.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,629 Posts
If you are going to mod the car get a used one with no warranty.

Really I have owned a 2018 Scat Pack (2 months then traded it in for a Hellcat) and a 2018 Hellcat (for over 2 years) and felt no need to mod the Scat Pack and feel no need to modify the Hellcat.

Keep in mind the Hellcat can cost around twice what a Scat Pack can cost and is about "twice" as costly to maintain. There is insurance, registration/property tax, to consider along with gas consumption -- 15mpg in my typical usage -- and tires. Have 25K on the original front tires -- the rears were replaced at 13.6K when a rear tire received a puncture -- are showing signs of wear and it won't be much longer before they get replaced.

The Hellcat is a more complex car and outside of a warranty, it might not be the best car to own, compared to the Scat Pack.
You can get a 392 an mod it for less $$ then going from a 392 to hell kitty..
What they [email protected] ^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,669 Posts
Procharger.. headers..meth kit an tune.. your labor.. 13k.. 392 to hellcat...28k

What about the forged bottom end to survive the procharger ??

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Test drive them! Going from an SXT, you might wish to start with a 5.7. A great engine and plenty of mods available. I owned a 2012 which had a supercharger and it was good for 550 hp+! The 392 is plenty fast and would be quite a kick in the seat of the pants going from a 3.6. Hellcat seems extreme but it is very fast and doesn’t need any modding. But again, TEST drive them! Good luck!

Reactions: Jake B
1 - 9 of 9 Posts