Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the mod that did it for you? I'm not talking the little one-offs like adding a grill emblem or a shift handle, but rather the one mod that you can point to with all certainty that was the one that opened the floodgates, and your wallet. The one that wowed you so much after a performance gain, or the one that gave your Challenger such a unique look that your spouse and kids dared not even trying to stop you after seeing that look in your eye?

For me it hasn't happened yet. I've collected a number of small mods that I have yet to install, but I think my gateway mod could be on the horizon after I install a CAI and catch can later this month. After that, it might be a tuner...then who knows?

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
When I installed my cold air intake.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
You buy the Challenger, you start the mods! The first one I said WOW to was the Hurst Short Throw Shifter and then added the Titanium HardDrive handle!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I have done a ton thus far but I have a feeling the BIG ONE is one it's way, Cervini's Shaker hood kit! And the Mopar hood pin kit is sitting here burning a hole in my mantle just waiting to be installed. I haven't had this much fun since, well, I was 16 let's just say that....

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
so far, the catback exhaust simply because it made the most change from stock...really awakened the beast...and the neighbors from time to time I am sure!

have a bunch of mods coming soon...just waiting for the pieces to get here to make it happen.

funny thing is, when I bought I thought I'd keep it stock and wouldn't get bit...hahahahahahahaha....WRONG!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine would be the Corsa Xtreme cat back...sounds so much better than stock. I've done quite a bit since then and have ideas for so much more. This site is dangerous....especially on the wallet but I wouldn't have it any other way:smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I bought my Custom Stainless Grill before I purchased my Challenger. That was to be the ONLY mod for my car. I thought it changed the whole look of the car and I was done! WRONG!!!
But the gateway mod for me is a toss-up between my exhaust and lowering it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The first mod that really got me into modding was on my 12 Charger was plasti dipping the wheels and grille. That really got me into the mod world. Previously, I was into "hood" modding, aka big rims and subs. The flood hates haven't been opened in the Challenger yet, although I have a few sitting in my room just waiting to be installed(diablo intune, puddle lights, blastin bobs). I do plan on saving up 5k and when I take my vacation time at the end of the year, dropping that 5k on mods(both engine and appearance) :)

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Corsa Xtreme made a world of difference in sound and it only gets better as it seasons in. That was the most expensive mod to date.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,990 Posts
When I first got the car, my neighbor convinced me I needed a catch can, tuner and CAI. Then my husband convinced me I needed to do the exhaust. But the thing that really opened the flood gates was going to Gatty in 2011 and winning a bunch of gift certs in the raffles....billet bling, coil pack covers, fuse box cover and seeing what everyone else had done to their rides. After that it was game on....

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I'll say CAI as well, that extra growl in the engine really makes me smile. :D
However, no extra mods are going on the 3.6.... Gonna upgrade to the 5.7!

·
More Than Just A Car
20,526 Posts
gateway....I can't decide between boss rims, or solo exhaust, both had a big impact in different ways.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
when i bought my car in 2010, one of the incentives at the time was $2000 in Mopar Bonus Bucks... talk about hitting the lottery! the dealer had a little catalog of "stuff" in it that you could choose from... i picked out a Mopar catback exhaust, the Mopar CAI, the T shifter handle, "CHALLENGER" embroidered floor mats, hood shocks, and a locking gas cap... talk about a kid in a candy store... blew the whole wad! so i guess i got a real kick start to modding... my biggest WOW mod had to be the supercharger and custom airbrushed half covers that really made the engine compartment pop and come alive...

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,416 Posts
I thought of my Orange R/T stripes, they were not expensive, but everyone that sees them makes a comment... HOWEVER, with my AFR Shaker on the way and how much it costs painted and shipped... it will be the gateway mod for sure... nothing short of a supercharger will come close in cost...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mine came with the CAI and exhaust already. Mod bug had already began. But the one that I did first was the Diablo Intune.

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
Actually 2. An exhaust in conjunction with a CAI.

Worthless if you do one without the other.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts