Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is no intent to finger point at a certain company...this is totally intended to be a generic question!!!

if you put in an order for mod parts....and you were told that part of the order comes from a 2nd vendor and it would take 5-7 weeks....but now it's been 4 months....what would you do?

Communication hasn't been the best...but always initiated by me
The car has been under the cover in the garage due to winter

wait and be patient and hope maybe there's some extras included when the box finally arrives or simply cancel the order and share the experience with others?

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
Gosh that is a tough one. How could anything take four months to arrive?? Then suppose something is wrong with your order when you finally get it. Do you have confidence that it would be resolved promptly? How can anyone run a business like that? Don't they want to sell anything and get their money? I think I would talk to them ONE last time, and tell them if you don't receive it in a week to cancel your order. So sorry, and good luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would cancel and order the parts from someone else. Even if it meant that the clock started over again. I had a shop jerk me around for weeks on ordering a part i needed,he was waiting for someone else to place an order to save me on shipping costs .I told him i needed the parts didn't care about shipping. When he finally called i informed I had already purchased parts somewhere else.It only took 2nd shop 1 week.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
4 MONTHS!!!???!!! You can special order a whole new Challenger in less time!! If I ordered anything that took more than 2 weeks to arrive at my door (unless it was on back-order) I'd be upset and discouraged, especially with little to no communication. I would most definitely CANCEL and find another reputable vendor....even if it means paying a little more. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
4 months? :SHOCKED:

I ordered something one time, on back order, and it came in faster than 4 months. I would call 'em and say thanks but no thanks and find a different route. That's looney, hope you get your part(s) soon!

·
13,007 Posts
4 months is a bit outlandish.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Cancel the order. If it's the company I'm thinking of, they don't charge your card till the item is ready to ship. Order it from another company that 'really' wants YOUR business and is willing to go the extra to communicate with you without your initiative.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I went throught EXACTLY the same thing last year. I ordered a part with the same 5 to 7 week lead time, and about two months after that 7 weeks was up I cancelled the order. Communication sucked.

Never re ordered the part with anyone else, used the money to help with groomsman duties for my best friends wedding....Memorial Day weekend...in Vegas....at Mandalay Bay. Every cent helped lol.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
there is no intent to finger point at a certain company...this is totally intended to be a generic question!!!

if you put in an order for mod parts....and you were told that part of the order comes from a 2nd vendor and it would take 5-7 weeks....but now it's been 4 months....what would you do?

Communication hasn't been the best...but always initiated by me
The car has been under the cover in the garage due to winter

wait and be patient and hope maybe there's some extras included when the box finally arrives or simply cancel the order and share the experience with others?
I'd buy directly from BT :)

Reactions: Northernhawk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an order in with the company I think is in question, and I got the same 5-7 week yadda yadda. It' only been a few weeks, so I will give them some leeway, but I won't wait more then that.

I just don't understand selling a product that is not in stock. Every other company I have dealt with online tells you, before you buy, if the product is in stock.

Now I have 2 products on order (First time ordering engine related car mods), and both companies have been mum on communication, who knows when I'll get what I ordered.

It's bad enough I have to pay exchange rate and almost double shipping to go an hour across the border. Bigger orders I usually drive down to pick then up at the border, just on principle. Especially free shipping to lower 48.

Not happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.