Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped off at the grocery store after taking out the HC for a spirited little run just now to make sure no CEL's popped up after installing a new CAI earlier today. When I returned a few minutes later I saw two police cruisers parked diagonally across my nose of my car. I was parked in an area where no other cars were next to me (in front of a bank), but was still parked in well foot-trafficked part of the shopping center. The cops were out of their cruisers and talking. I walked up and asked if they were looking for the owner, and joked I had just seen that rascal at the grocery store. The cops were just taking a break and randomly parked near my car. But still, my heart did a little momentary arrest for a second or two...

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,996 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
750 Posts
Stopped off at the grocery store after taking out the HC for a spirited little run just now to make sure no CEL's popped up after installing a new CAI earlier today. When I returned a few minutes later I saw two police cruisers parked diagonally across my nose of my car. I was parked in an area where no other cars were next to me (in front of a bank), but was still parked in well foot-trafficked part of the shopping center. The cops were out of their cruisers and talking. I walked up and asked if they were looking for the owner, and joked I had just seen that rascal at the grocery store. The cops were just taking a break and randomly parked near my car. But still, my heart did a little momentary arrest for a second or two...
View attachment 275051 View attachment 275052
I don't walk up and start conversations with cops, ever. Even when they say, "Hi" to me first, especially if they call me by name, that means I either dated their daughters (although most of those are retired), slept with their wife (I have been monogamous for the past 18 years) or they have arrested me for something. (I have not been to jail in about 16 years and I am NOT going back).
Cops want to check out my car, they can check out it's tail lights as I am driving away.
Yes when I was in highschool I used to introduce my self as, "Hello, I am the one your parents warned you about.".

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,996 Posts
It's funny how many cops are car guys. It was probably they wanted to check out your car!
Very true. Back in the day our car club had 5 members who were either city patrolmen or county sheriff's officers. Great guys and they would sometimes be as rowdy as the rest of us!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cops want to check out my car, they can check out it's tail lights as I am driving away.
One of them was interested in my DoorShox. I told him what it was for and then we had a discussion about no matter how far away you park your car, someone will park next to you.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger RT Scat Pack
1,215 Posts
Funny, but every officer I've spoken to has been cool and a ton are car/motorcycle folks too.

Have to admit though, I'd have had my heart skip a beat thinking someone hit my car or something as I was walking up...

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I usually park in the south 40 of any parking lot, but my biggest dread is the over sized person requiring a hoveround that is parked two foot off of my door... Either entering or exciting their car ! It sends cold chills down my spine, and all of the color leaves my face.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Dang! If they were Chargers I would have asked for a Group Photo!

·
Business
21,452 Posts
View attachment 275051 View attachment 275052
Ha ha you sh!+ your pants!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's funny how many cops are car guys. It was probably they wanted to check out your car!
2018 I drove a classic car from OR to MN & back. First night in Ritzville, WA. Car parked outside the hotel window - both window and blinds are open. I can barely sleep, worried about the car. Midnight and the room lights up. I panic and go to the window in my skivvies. Local Barney Fife has his spotlight on the car and is taking a picture with his phone.

4400 trouble free miles and one helluva bucket list trip later, that was the worst thing that happened. :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts