Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I usually park in the south 40 of any parking lot
This came up during our discussion about herd-parkers (people who go out of their way to park next to you). One of the cops agreed this maybe isn't a good strategy because it isolates your car and makes it an easier target for theft.

·
Registered
2021 TORED RT Shaker 6sp ( the muscle car way)
58 Posts
I bought a beautiful Corvette and a deep purple metallic on that 10 minutes coming across the bridge to my town immediately got pulled over by a cop when I roll down the window and asked him what did I do because I was trying to be meticulous with my driving figuring out maybe I had a marked car he said oh you didn’t do anything wrong I just wanted to see your car. I gave him the keys and asked if if he wanted to test drive it he said no

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
4,032 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I bought a beautiful Corvette and a deep purple metallic on that 10 minutes coming across the bridge to my town immediately got pulled over by a cop when I roll down the window and asked him what did I do because I was trying to be meticulous with my driving figuring out maybe I had a marked car he said oh you didn’t do anything wrong I just wanted to see your car. I gave him the keys and asked if if he wanted to test drive it he said no
:poop: No law enforcement officer would do this.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Happened to me. The cop that stopped me had a big smile on his face when he saw the Ole' Fart behind the wheel of the Beast....
Must be a regional thing. A friend of over 35 years is a member of law enforcement. When I asked him about it, he said that law enforcement officers are not permitted to pull civilians over for personal reasons. Pulling someone over is considered "detainment".

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,894 Posts
Must be a regional thing. A friend of over 35 years is a member of law enforcement. When I asked him about it, he said that law enforcement officers are not permitted to pull civilians over for personal reasons. Pulling someone over is considered "detainment".
That's the "OFFICIAL" answer! (hint, hint)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'm curious as to how the stop was initiated. Did the officer activate his lights, voice over PA, hand motion? What city and state?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
images.jpg

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My friend Steve (the one who ran the same stop sign twice in the same night) got pulled-over, because I scribbled "Got Pot? I Do!" on the back of his pickup truck. The dirt was so thick, I couldn't resist. The cop was laughing as he approached his truck. He asked Steve; "Are you bragging or selling?" :LOL:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Had one on a car that said, "Bad cop, No doughnut".
A policeman pulled over a weaving driver and said to him, 'Sir, your eyes look bloodshot. Have you been drinking?'

The intoxicated driver slowly rolled his eyes to his left to regard the policeman and replied, 'Officer, your eyes look glazed. Have you been eating donuts?'”

— Derek Morgan, Criminal Minds

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very true. Back in the day our car club had 5 members who were either city patrolmen or county sheriff's officers. Great guys and they would sometimes be as rowdy as the rest of us!
Playing ball in a bar league, we were at the home teams bar after the game. Dude in there was waitress boyfriend and drunk, Giving everybody shit and wants to fight, 2 cops on the team beat his butt,so he says I'm calling the cops, they say "we are the cops" ;o)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts