Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Years ago I parked my new car way outta the way and when I came back some loser had parked so close to my drivers door that I had to use the passengers door to get in. So when I started the car and pulled up and away funny thing but looking in the rear view mirror the nerd had 2 flat tires..................

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went to High School in a very small town and for years we had a total d_ck for a sheriff. We finally got a new one that was young and loved cars. Our town grocery store sat right off the highway running through town and he would back into the stalls just to the side of the store and run radar. The first Saturday night after our graduation he was there so I backed in beside him to BS. Pretty soon here comes a friend and backed in beside him on the other side. Within a half an hour there were 5 muscle cars all backed in on either side of him. Two 1966 Chevelle SS396's, one 1970 Chevelle SS, a '76 Camaro running a hopped up 302, and a '65 GTO. This was way before cell phones were invented so there are no pictures for incriminating evidence but I'll never forget the feeling of "It don't get no better than this" I had that night.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT 8
45 Posts
The police here in Kingman are as sensible as they come.
If they can see the handle of your gun sticking up from inside your waistband - you're not trying to conceal it...
For the most part, they're chasing crackheads and people who've become violent.
'Speeding' can be an issue because the speed limits over most of town are 35-ish 🐌,, but the taxes are low, so the roads could use a lil improvement...
Overall I think the police/sheriff around here rate 9 of 10

MohaveCountySheriffsOffice.jpg R81704ca5e651c078578bbaff1b3ccd9e.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,670 Posts
The police here in Kingman are as sensible as they come.
If they can see the handle of your gun sticking up from inside your waistband - you're not trying to conceal it...
For the most part, they're chasing crackheads and people who've become violent.
'Speeding' can be an issue because the speed limits over most of town are 35-ish 🐌,, but the taxes are low, so the roads could use a lil improvement...
Overall I think the police/sheriff around here rate 9 of 10

View attachment 275256 View attachment 275257
Been through Kingman a number of times via of course I-40. Stayed there a number of times. Nice town.

Have not had any contact with any LEOs. But a number of times I have spotted -- thanks V1! -- LEOs near the town or even in the town. That lower speed limit through town appears to be strictly enforced. My experience is this is common so I make it a habit to have my vehicle's speed at the lower limit before I pass the lower speed limit sign.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe they were just wondering if you wanted to race for pink slips???
were I used to live, a soon to retire neighbor who was a sheriff deputy tried to race me at the lites. It was even until I hoi the higher end rpms.. then it was bye bye. He came over to the housie later and asked my how many HP that mother had hehehehe..

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Years ago I parked my new car way outta the way and when I came back some loser had parked so close to my drivers door that I had to use the passengers door to get in. So when I started the car and pulled up and away funny thing but looking in the rear view mirror the nerd had 2 flat tires..................
What I get sick of are "slinks" riding my ass to get a closer look... Idiots! Three of them today in less than 20 miles. Usually driving a Mustang or Camaro.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts