·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Darth

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
So true, even though I purchased Red my color of choice would be Blue.
The Blue describes my personality to a tee. I do love the Black, but without a garage it's a lot of work and I hate dirty cars, especially Challengers.
Good post.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I have always had black cars and that's probably the opposite description of me.

Don't believe the hype!
We are a different breed in the car world, us Mopar people. Even before I had one I noticed. Mopar people are more down to earth, less full of themselves and their rides and in general tend to take things less seriously. Of course this is a huge generalization but again, one I noticed even before I had my own. So, in that case we should go by a different set of reasons than the ones Yahoo provides.

I broke down the REAL reason Challenger owners pick their colors.

Silver (metallic, Billet, whatever): You want to be a robot.
Bright White: You want everyone to think your house is that clean too.
Granite (slate grey, whatever): You couldn't decide what color to get.
Header Orange: You honestly think "How come ALL Challengers are not Header Orange?"
Ivory: You dig a little grunge in your life plus your dealership had one cheap.
Jazz Blue: You think your car looks as cool as a black car because it has a splash of awesome that you are missing in your life.
Black (phantom, brilliant, whatever): You have no doubt that your car is that much more bad ass than the rest based simply on the fact that you had no balls to pick a real color.
ToRed (radar, redline, high octane, whatever): Thinks the Orange cars are showing off.
Yellow (top banana, super bee whatever): I plan on buying all black accents for this car because if I got more yellow I would be blinded approaching it.
Purple (whatever silly purple names there are): You think you are quirky, quick witted and hysterical when your really more eccentric, opinionated and mildly amusing at best.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
B5 the Light Blue Challenger. I am serene with a strong maternal instinct. NAH! Greeks eat their young when they screw up and I am a seething volcano waiting to get behind the wheel of my car. NYA-HA-HA-HA!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
I have always had black cars and that's probably the opposite description of me.

Don't believe the hype!
We are a different breed in the car world, us Mopar people. Even before I had one I noticed. Mopar people are more down to earth, less full of themselves and their rides and in general tend to take things less seriously. Of course this is a huge generalization but again, one I noticed even before I had my own. So, in that case we should go by a different set of reasons than the ones Yahoo provides.

Header Orange: You honestly think "How come ALL Challengers are not Header Orange?"
Jazz Blue: You think your car looks as cool as a black car because it has a splash of awesome that you are missing in your life.
Black (phantom, brilliant, whatever): You have no doubt that your car is that much more bad ass than the rest based simply on the fact that you had no balls to pick a real color.
ToRed (radar, redline, high octane, whatever): Thinks the Orange cars are showing off.
Yellow (top banana, super bee whatever): I plan on buying all black accents for this car because if I got more yellow I would be blinded approaching it.
Purple (whatever silly purple names there are): You think you are quirky, quick witted and hysterical when your really more eccentric, opinionated and mildly amusing at best.
What about me, Darth?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
B5 the Light Blue Challenger. I am serene with a strong maternal instinct. NAH! Greeks eat their young when they screw up and I am a seething volcano waiting to get behind the wheel of my car. NYA-HA-HA-HA!
I don't consider B5 as light blue. It's BRIGHT blue!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Wow ! I have 3 blue cars, a blue work van, a blue p/u truck, and a blue '55 Chevy step side p/u trk with no engine or trans that I'll sell, and I have tons of blue clothes. BUT, I would't consider myself a calm person ! Sometime yes. But if someone were to describe my personality?! NO. They'd say I was high strung, meticulous, and somewhat of a perfectionist...YIKES !
YAHOO is nuts! LOL
Oh wait...I had one red car, the '68 Chevelle I gave to my son that we're now restoring.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
I chose my black Challenger largely due to its red interior and red A-line stripes, otherwise I would have passed on that color. So does that mean I'm a passionate control freak?

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Wow ! I have 3 blue cars, a blue work van, a blue p/u truck, and a blue '55 Chevy step side p/u trk with no engine or trans that I'll sell, and I have tons of blue clothes. BUT, I would't consider myself a calm person ! Sometime yes. But if someone were to describe my personality?! NO. They'd say I was high strung, meticulous, and somewhat of a perfectionist...YIKES !
YAHOO is nuts! LOL
Oh wait...I had one red car, the '68 Chevelle I gave to my son that we're now restoring.
C'mon Betty, the peaceful and serene comment was only one aspect of the blue color description. What about the loyalty and strong maternal instinct desriptions?

EDIT: Sorry Cool, I thought I had quoted Betty's comment. And she hasn't even responded to this thread! My bad....

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,475 Posts
C'mon Betty, the peaceful and serene comment was only one aspect of the blue color description. What about the loyalty and strong maternal instinct desriptions?

EDIT: Sorry Cool, I thought I had quoted Betty's comment. And she hasn't even responded to this thread! My bad....
Well John, you have forced me out of my silence on this! Ha! I looked at the personality descriptions for blue..... the peaceful and serene??? I'm thinking that I am more of the personality of the "red" color! I had a red car before this one, and I do love that color too. I chose blue for a change of pace and it is also one of my husband's favorites!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,475 Posts
I forgot. They also had a distinction between dark blue and light blue. I do value relationships over wealth, so that would fit. But the serene and peaceful for light blue....definitely not my style!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
So since I went from black to white... I'm conveying that I'm partially a control freak and self assured but I'm more concerned with being careful and pure? Ok! :gy:

I went from "cool CIA car" to "pays attention to detail" car! I'm cool with that! :smileup:

·
Registered
243 Posts

Don't believe the hype!

Ha! Good list...Buy, no green?

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
What about me, Darth?
B5 Blue: You honestly believe cops see the orange and red Challengers first.

Maybe the owner of the car below has multiple personalities?

http://youtu.be/SGdjWLan6hc?t=8m40s

Oh yeah and Green, thanks ianacole...

Green: The hulk you feel inside is gazed upon by others as more of a Bruce Banner kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I would love the know the ratio of black Challengers to all the other colors. On our 1200 mile trip from FL to NY on Fri-Sat. we saw several Challenger. Almost ALL of them were black, the rest were Silver and one Yellow. The ratio has to be at least 6 to 1. Six black Challengers to all other colors combined. It really surprises me, I would have thought the majority of these cars sold would have been impact colors. Unless the impact colors were so limited maybe.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
YELLOW: If you drive a yellow car you are confident. You like to have fun and you embrace the child within.

sounds like me:smileup:

·
Premium Member
18,518 Posts
I've owned blue,silver,grey and black cars and except for silver, the traits are pretty accurate.Then again I think Darth's traits are just as scientifically on the money as Yahoo's.
These kind of " What this says about you" are always fun.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts