Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Well, the scat pack wide body is rated 15/24.....hellcat widebody is rated 13/21......

...not so sure identical fits here.......
so you actually believe manufacturers ratings, yeah OK. if I had a scat pack I'm pretty sure I'd Never see 24 miles per gallon, my Hellcat has never seen 21 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,205 Posts
Well, I can honestly say this...on my SRT and my 2012 Ram 1500, I get or exceed the ratings 60% of the time.....

I believe them just as much as anything else AFTER I prove it to be achievable..................

I average 14-15 in the city, and 26 on the highway in my SRT 392.....so yeah, I'd say they are good ratings.....

·
Registered
2019 SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Well, I can honestly say this...on my SRT and my 2012 Ram 1500, I get or exceed the ratings 60% of the time.....

I believe them just as much as anything else AFTER I prove it to be achievable..................

I average 14-15 in the city, and 26 on the highway in my SRT 392.....so yeah, I'd say they are good ratings.....
I guess if I "tried" I could probably get within the ratings but I'm driving real world.

·
Registered
16 Posts
so you actually believe manufacturers ratings, yeah OK. if I had a scat pack I'm pretty sure I'd Never see 24 miles per gallon, my Hellcat has never seen 21 miles per gallon.
My Hellcat seen 24 mpg once...………......once!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I got 26 mpg in my HC Charger on a 150 mile trip to PA. Generally it was 24-25 mpg while cruising and generally I would say 19-20 mpg overall average. My 5.7 was only about 2 mpg better on the average. As far as steering, the Hellcat steering is designed to be stiffer for a more sporty and better road feel. There are two different steering boxes for the Dodges depending on what model car. I don’t know what steering box the Scatpacks have?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I haven't driven one and I fear if I did, I'd want one. I'm in the same boat when it comes to vehicles.... my wife says I need AA..........automobiles anonymous..
Every one that says that ends up with one...just know that you’ll spend the most money ever in your entire life on fuel, and worrying on when the supercharger and diff is going to take a dump? happy G forces

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Agreed, it’s more like 24 gals to the mile due to the addictive super fast throttle rise, gotta be on your toes cause before you can process what’s going on it’s at 6k then hits the limiter...fun fun fun!

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,205 Posts
I guess if I "tried" I could probably get within the ratings but I'm driving real world.
No trying to it...........I do the speed limit and follow the applicable laws 98% of the time.....and getting the rated mpg or higher is no problem.

Been driving 'real world' as you put it for over 40 yrs now......

Now, if if drove like you apparently do....probably not.....but in the real world where I don't want to pay higher insurance rates or get a speeding ticket....it's very easy.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,922 Posts
I got 26 mpg in my HC Charger on a 150 mile trip to PA. Generally it was 24-25 mpg while cruising and generally I would say 19-20 mpg overall average. My 5.7 was only about 2 mpg better on the average. As far as steering, the Hellcat steering is designed to be stiffer for a more sporty and better road feel. There are two different steering boxes for the Dodges depending on what model car. I don’t know what steering box the Scatpacks have?
SRT, while changing oil I saw an SRT label on the steering box.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,205 Posts
SRT, while changing oil I saw an SRT label on the steering box.

Great, now guys are gonna say their car is an SRT cuz of the steering too.........

Reactions: doc440

·
Administrator
52,922 Posts
Great, now guys are gonna say their car is an SRT cuz of the steering too.........
Doubtful,, not that many change their own oil.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,205 Posts
Well, that is true I suppose........but since you told them.........

·
Administrator
52,922 Posts
Well, that is true I suppose........but since you told them.........
Look, I am with you, the Scat Pack should be it's own model, not an SRT, not an R/T not a T/A.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,205 Posts
I know.......

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mileage, really, I guess I should burn mine lol. Take notice to range on full tank lol I didn’t buy mine for gas mileage, that’s for Prius owners to chat about.
9207F754-6BEA-4D9C-B8B3-E1AD2FAB20D4.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
No trying to it...........I do the speed limit and follow the applicable laws 98% of the time.....and getting the rated mpg or higher is no problem.

Been driving 'real world' as you put it for over 40 yrs now......

Now, if if drove like you apparently do....probably not.....but in the real world where I don't want to pay higher insurance rates or get a speeding ticket....it's very easy.
Whatever:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,205 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,484 Posts
My info is the Scat Pack comes with some kind of electric power steering. (I type this without getting up and going outside to look to double check. But I am working from memory of my 2018 Scat Pack. I believe my 2020 Scat Pack is similar.)

The pump is driven by electric motor power. The pump is a variable displacement pump. At low engine speed the displacement can be increased to provide more power assist to make low speed turning easier.

As speed goes up the displacement is reduced to lower power assist and thus to add "weight" to the steering.

The steering feel of my new 2020 Scat Pack when backing into my carport parking space is much much lighter than that of my (now gone) Hellcat.

With the Hellcat after using my other vehicle, a M-B cargo van, then getting into my Hellcat when I first tried to turn the wheel as I was pulling out of the parking space and having to make a full lock turn it felt like the power steering was not working.

On the highway the Scat Pack steering feels solid. No twitchiness or any feeling it being overly sensitive.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts