Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Mileage, really, I guess I should burn mine lol. Take notice to range on full tank lol I didn’t buy mine for gas mileage, that’s for Prius owners to chat about.
View attachment 264176
does that say 4.5mpg? you get that much? whats your secret?

·
Registered
2019 SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Well, the scat pack wide body is rated 15/24.....hellcat widebody is rated 13/21......

...not so sure identical fits here.......
OK almost identical. :rolleyes:
But if you're going to post ratings why don't you get it right!
scat pack is 14/23 not 15/24
Hellcat is13/21

How about I do like you and say scat pack 13/22 Hellcat 14/22, yeah, that looks better. hmmmm identical.

I didn't buy the Hellcat because I was concerned about the damn fuel ratings:rolleyes:
If it only got 6/10 I would still buy it.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,205 Posts
OK almost identical. :rolleyes:
But if you're going to post ratings why don't you get it right!
scat pack is 14/23 not 15/24
Hellcat is13/21

How about I do like you and say scat pack 13/22 Hellcat 14/22, yeah, that looks better. hmmmm identical.

I didn't buy the Hellcat because I was concerned about the damn fuel ratings:rolleyes:
If it only got 6/10 I would still buy it.

Well, maybe you need to 'get it right' yourself before you go preaching to others......check this out for your info, since you say I am wrong....straight from the dodge website....sure looks like 15/24 to me......

As for swapping the numbers around...what does that get you ??

Lat time I checked, 13, 15, 21, & 24 were all different numbers, so I merely questioned your use of the term 'identical' when talking about their mpg ratings.

I used actual numbers from the dodge website (even compared wide body to wide body, auto trans to auto trans).....not sure what you were comparing............or why you are trying to say I swapped them around for some reason.

Also not sure why you are even still trying to argue over this, the rating numbers are clearly NOT identical.....but if it makes you feel better, about what you bought & how you drive it - more power to you.

I didn't buy what I have for mpg either....or I would not have a v8 engine........

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
Registered
2019 SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Well, maybe you need to 'get it right' yourself before you go preaching to others......check this out for your info, since you say I am wrong....straight from the dodge website....sure looks like 15/24 to me......
View attachment 264275

As for swapping the numbers around...what does that get you ??

Lat time I checked, 13, 15, 21, & 24 were all different numbers, so I merely questioned your use of the term 'identical' when talking about their mpg ratings.

I used actual numbers from the dodge website (even compared wide body to wide body, auto trans to auto trans).....not sure what you were comparing............or why you are trying to say I swapped them around for some reason.

Also not sure why you are even still trying to argue over this, the rating numbers are clearly NOT identical.....but if it makes you feel better, about what you bought & how you drive it - more power to you.

I didn't buy what I have for mpg either....or I would not have a v8 engine........
You're wrong

This is straight from the website

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 2.27.35 PM.png

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,205 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,205 Posts
Don't know what to tell you....the pic I posted is a cut & paste of a real window sticker on a 2020 R/T Scat Pack Wide Body off the lot of Koon's Dodge in northern VA.

I can also tell ya the window sticker from my SRT 392 says 15/25.......

So are ya gonna believe a website, or a window sticker that has legal ramifications if it is wrong ??

And even using the numbers you came up with, the mpg ratings are STILL not indentical.

·
Registered
2019 SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Don't know what to tell you....the pic I posted is a cut & paste of a real window sticker on a 2020 R/T Scat Pack Wide Body off the lot of Koon's Dodge in northern VA.

I can also tell ya the window sticker from my SRT 392 says 15/25.......

So are ya gonna believe a website, or a window sticker that has legal ramifications if it is wrong ??

And even using the numbers you came up with, the mpg ratings are STILL not indentical.
Whatever

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,395 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Would especially love to hear from someone that's also owned/driven a Scat. I'm thankful to God for my SP WB, and I think she'll finally be "the one" I finally keep forever (serial car flipper junky here :)). But I love FCA and MOPAR magic, and get excited thinking about all their beautiful beasts.
I’ve owned both a scat and now the hellcat. I had a 15’ manual scat and now the 8spd hellcat basically the same cars but the auto trans and crazy power of the hellcat defiantly make a difference. Also surprisingly my mpg’s on the hellcat can creep into the 20’s on highway runs. My 6spd scat never got that. I credit the trans but thought that was crazy

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat
136 Posts
Would especially love to hear from someone that's also owned/driven a Scat. I'm thankful to God for my SP WB, and I think she'll finally be "the one" I finally keep forever (serial car flipper junky here :)). But I love FCA and MOPAR magic, and get excited thinking about all their beautiful beasts.
In March of 2019 I purchased a new Scatpack Widebody Challenger...pitch black....loved it.....looked and sounded great. Got a ton of compliments from all kinds of people. The #1 question I got, however, was: "Is that a Hellcat?" Was a little annoying after the 100th time, but not that big of a deal. about 30days ago, my neighbor, who runs the finance dept. of a local Dodge dealership called me and said they had just taken a 2017 Challenger Hellcat with 12K miles in on a trade and had a "lot of room" to move on the price. It was an older guy's car and he babied it. Looked brand new. I pulled the trigger 2 days after I saw it.

The biggest difference between the Hellcat and Scatpack is really having to think twice before pushing the accelerator. Has a muffler delete and a JLT CAI......very loud from the hood and the exhaust.....I love it.

On my WB Scat, I put in a Hellcat airbox/tube. air intake was almost always 5-10 degrees above ambient. On this HC, with the JLT intake. Intake temp is approx 30 degrees above ambient. I live in Florida and it has been 50s/60s for the last 30 days. Maybe because of the open-box design of the JLT? This is a 2nd car for me and I don;t drive it a ton. JLT kit comes with a rain shield that covers the inside of the left heat extractor on the hood. I removed it.....same temps, but the supercharger whine is much louder!!

Payment only went up $35/mo. and that includes a 3/36 Mopar MaxCare bumper-to-bumper warranty. Best decision I ever made.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Going from my Supercharged 510 RWHP Challenger to the 717 HP Hellcat is a major difference. Both are fun in their own way...

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,484 Posts
In March of 2019 I purchased a new Scatpack Widebody Challenger...pitch black....loved it.....looked and sounded great. Got a ton of compliments from all kinds of people. The #1 question I got, however, was: "Is that a Hellcat?" Was a little annoying after the 100th time, but not that big of a deal. about 30days ago, my neighbor, who runs the finance dept. of a local Dodge dealership called me and said they had just taken a 2017 Challenger Hellcat with 12K miles in on a trade and had a "lot of room" to move on the price. It was an older guy's car and he babied it. Looked brand new. I pulled the trigger 2 days after I saw it.

The biggest difference between the Hellcat and Scatpack is really having to think twice before pushing the accelerator. Has a muffler delete and a JLT CAI......very loud from the hood and the exhaust.....I love it.

On my WB Scat, I put in a Hellcat airbox/tube. air intake was almost always 5-10 degrees above ambient. On this HC, with the JLT intake. Intake temp is approx 30 degrees above ambient. I live in Florida and it has been 50s/60s for the last 30 days. Maybe because of the open-box design of the JLT? This is a 2nd car for me and I don;t drive it a ton. JLT kit comes with a rain shield that covers the inside of the left heat extractor on the hood. I removed it.....same temps, but the supercharger whine is much louder!!

Payment only went up $35/mo. and that includes a 3/36 Mopar MaxCare bumper-to-bumper warranty. Best decision I ever made.
My 2020 Scat Pack intake air temperature with the stock air box runs in the 5 to 10 degrees above ambient temperature range. Sure it runs a bit warmer in town driving or after having been parked for a bit after being warmed up. Heat soak. But with some engine run time -- often just a few blocks through town to the freeway -- the intake air temperature will have dropped considerably.

Your Hellcat's intake air temperature is "normal". My Hellcat's intake air temperature ran at best around 40F above ambient. This is due to the liquid intake charge cooling system. It is not as effective at cooling the intake charge down after having been through the supercharger as an air to air intake charge cooling system is.

(My turbo-charged Porsche 996 intake air temperature ran about 10F to 12F above ambient and it had two -- one for each turbo-charger -- air to air intake change cooler.)

But the liquid cooling system for the intake air charge cooling is much easier to "plumb".

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat
136 Posts
My 2020 Scat Pack intake air temperature with the stock air box runs in the 5 to 10 degrees above ambient temperature range. Sure it runs a bit warmer in town driving or after having been parked for a bit after being warmed up. Heat soak. But with some engine run time -- often just a few blocks through town to the freeway -- the intake air temperature will have dropped considerably.

Your Hellcat's intake air temperature is "normal". My Hellcat's intake air temperature ran at best around 40F above ambient. This is due to the liquid intake charge cooling system. It is not as effective at cooling the intake charge down after having been through the supercharger as an air to air intake charge cooling system is.

(My turbo-charged Porsche 996 intake air temperature ran about 10F to 12F above ambient and it had two -- one for each turbo-charger -- air to air intake change cooler.)

But the liquid cooling system for the intake air charge cooling is much easier to "plumb".
Interesting....but the temp sensor is in the same place as it is in the scatpack. Its almost like the Hellcat intake gets heat-soaked within 5min after the car is started. I don;t think it really a big deal, but I am just curious.. Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
1,484 Posts
Interesting....but the temp sensor is in the same place as it is in the scatpack. Its almost like the Hellcat intake gets heat-soaked within 5min after the car is started. I don;t think it really a big deal, but I am just curious.. Thanks for responding!
The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor has to be in the same place -- so to speak -- in both engines as the IAT sensor is supposed to accurately measure report the air temperature going into the engine.

Dodge can't put the Scat Pack IAT sensor in a cold place and the Hellcat IAT sensor in a hot place just on a whim. Both are positioned to accurately report the intake air temperature so the engine controller can correctly fuel the engine and manage other critical things to extract the most from the engine with the least risk of any harm to the engine.

Once under way the Hellcat intake doesn't get heat soaked. However, it does gets hot from the heat of the compressed air the supercharger is supplying. This is why the intake air temperature runs approx. 40F above ambient even at speed -- but at a light load -- and even after some minutes.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts