Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a number of years as an Army field recruiter in Seattle Battalion. I owned a home on the Olympic Peninsula and worked out of the Lacy station. I'm passing Ft Lewis on a regular schedule going to the MEPS to deliver paperwork or prospects for processing. 1st SFG was based there and I think they still are so whenever I had the the opportunity I would swing in and eat at that mess hall. Not a unit member so I had to pay $3.00 for a bone in rib steak with what goes with it. Those guys ate well. I would also have late night conferences and stop by on my way home to save the wife from a late night supper and they always fed me.

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L,Kook LT,Borla ATAK,Comp 270 cam,Hellcat valve train,AiraidCAI
332 Posts
Pickle Meadows in Calif, It's a Navy/USMC cold weather survival school. It's where I was sent prior to deployment to Viet Nam. Cold weather survival in Nam, go figure.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger ScatPack
93 Posts
I was stationed at ft lewis. My old plt sgt was CSM over at 1sfg. CSM Santos. The Army has DFAC competitions worldwide for the best DFAC.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I never had the privilege to eat at a bona-fide chow hall besides bootcamp at Great Lakes Naval Training Center, but the mess decks on the USS Sylvania (supply ship), USS Sampson DDG-10, and USS A.W. Radford DD-968 had some of the best chow.
3 squares a day plus Mid-rats, and Surf and Turf Fridays.

Reactions: OrangeCrush392

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Ft. Hood H.O.W (2nd AD Hell on Wheels) chow hall open 24/7 back in the day... They had like 4 different meals to choose from and breakfast all day... Good eating... 👍

Reactions: SFCR and Modded16

·
Registered
2016 Challenger ScatPack
93 Posts
Ft. Hood H.O.W (2nd AD Hell on Wheels) chow hall open 24/7 back in the day... They had like 4 different meals to choose from and breakfast all day... Good eating... 👍
I was in the 20th Eng Bn. Right down the street. Never ate at the DFAC. Lived off base in Kempner.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I was in the 20th Eng Bn. Right down the street. Never ate at the DFAC. Lived off base in Kempner.
I was out by the red and white checkered tower Hq Hq company 2nd battalion 2AD... lived out by Belton lake of base also...

Reactions: Modded16

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,229 Posts
I never had the privilege to eat at a bona-fide chow hall besides bootcamp at Great Lakes Naval Training Center, but the mess decks on the USS Sylvania (supply ship), USS Sampson DDG-10, and USS A.W. Radford DD-968 had some of the best chow.
3 squares a day plus Mid-rats, and Surf and Turf Fridays.
Used to get the surf and turf meals on fri. in the Med.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
US Army Quartermaster, Ft. Lee, VA. They train the cooks there as well, so we had all kinds of recipes. The food was great, but it made us have to do extra PT so we wouldn't gain weight!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts