Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people hate underglow on a Challenger, but I like it. I just got my Oracle wheel well lights, and I'm needing some advice on the install. It was a major job putting my LED Underglow on, since the battery is in the trunk, but it really high-lights my car. Comments? Tips? Advice?

·
Premium Member
12,526 Posts
It is your car...It is yours to enjoy...

Reactions: BAD WOLF

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,567 Posts
I know some people hate underglow on a Challenger, but I like it. I just got my Oracle wheel well lights, and I'm needing some advice on the install. It was a major job putting my LED Underglow on, since the battery is in the trunk, but it really high-lights my car. Comments? Tips? Advice?
You can get power under the hood at the fuse box for the front wheels if that helps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get power under the hood at the fuse box for the front wheels if that helps.
I'll see about that. I tried that for my underglow, but I didn't have the right size slot for the fuse.

·
Administrator
53,567 Posts
I'll see about that. I tried that for my underglow, but I didn't have the right size slot for the fuse.
There is a post with full time power right at the box just pick it up there and run an in line fuse.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a post with full time power right at the box just pick it up there and run an in line fuse.
I was actually trying to use the add a fuse option, to keep a fuse on these since they will be in wet locations, but I won't claim to know much about electrical and wiring. Lol. Can I add a fuse in line if I direct wire?

·
Administrator
53,567 Posts
I was actually trying to use the add a fuse option, to keep a fuse on these since they will be in wet locations, but I won't claim to know much about electrical and wiring. Lol. Can I add a fuse in line if I direct wire?
Yes but if you want to control on and off you will need a switch, a simple 2 prong switch on the ground side will work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes but if you want to control on and off you will need a switch, a simple 2 prong switch on the ground side will work.
That sounds doable! :) I go searching for a fuse thingy.

I know I probably have to use a switch, since only the wheel set that color changes come with a remote from Oracle. Geez...I wish they would hop into the 21st century and just make every set blutooth compatible. (I do know computers. ;))

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Nice! Welcome to the forum! I'm also from Illinois, Fort Russell Township near St. Louis. Keep posting pix and good luck!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice! Welcome to the forum! I'm also from Illinois, Fort Russell Township near St. Louis. Keep posting pix and good luck!
Fort Russel? That's not too far from Collinsville and Edwardsville? Right? Cool! Going to the Challengerfest?

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Wow - you know the area! Yes, it is very close to Edwardsville! Doubt we'll go to Challengerfest. But considering Mopars in Branson June 4.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow - you know the area! Yes, it is very close to Edwardsville! Doubt we'll go to Challengerfest. But considering Mopars in Branson June 4.
Aww man! Well might see u around one of the metro east shows! :)

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Aww man! Well might see u around one of the metro east shows! :)
For sure. A buddy and I have tried to get Challenger owners to band together in the metro-east area with only minimal success. Best turnout we ever had was 6. There are a few free car shows in the area; you probably know of them. Edison's in Edwardsville, Culver's in Collinsville, Lebanon Main Street, to name a few. I'll try to remember to let you know.
I'm mostly in Edwardsville - my car is white with a lower black stripe that says Challenger and it is plenty loud. Your PCP shouldn't be hard to miss!
Hope others don't mind this private conversation but you started this thread so it isn't really hijacking...

·
Registered
583 Posts
I hooked mine up to the dome light for now under the dash so that there kind of like a puddle light. I would like to put mine on a 3-way rocker switch so that they can also come on automatically with the park lights at night. Your purple lights are badass nice work.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hooked mine up to the dome light for now under the dash so that there kind of like a puddle light. I would like to put mine on a 3-way rocker switch so that they can also come on automatically with the park lights at night. Your purple lights are badass nice work.
Nice! Yours look good too! Thanks btw!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts