Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the 6.5" MeGuair's 6 speed polisher. I did borrow one from a friend last week to use on our son's first car to polish it up a bit and I must say it seemed to have done a nice job. However, I know nothing about them or the process.

You can get the machine and the entire kit for $160 with first set of pads off Amazon. It usually sells for $249. Now I realize just like anything else there are machines out there that sell for $2500 etc. I guess what I am asking is for a home use, entry level polisher, is this or something else a decent machine to get? :4-dontknow:

Thanks for the feedback...

Joe

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
For Dual Action polishers, the Meguiars G110v2 is a fine machine and will get the job done efficiently and effectively. I own the Meguiars polisher and I have no complaints. But...

I also own a Rupes ES21 polisher and after 6 years of polishing cars and having owned a wide variety of dual action machine polishers, this is by far in a class by itself. Combined with Microfiber pads and Meguiars D300 polishing compound, I am getting of the best results I have ever achieved with polishing paint. It has a longer throw than the Meguiars, so it covers more area in the same amount of time. With long and wide flat surfaces such as on our Challengers, this makes a huge difference. I still use my Meguiars polisher, but as my dedicated 4" polisher for those smaller areas like the A pillars, mirror housings, and the rear spoiler.

The Rupes is near the $300 range, but it is well worth the money. If I could recommend anything else for starting out, get a pair of anti-vibration gloves from Harbor Freight for under $10 (they are yellow and black). This will reduce the pins and needles numbness many people experience when first using a machine polisher.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,555 Posts
I use the Porter Cable and am happy with it. Price wise it is along with the Mequiars.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
I have the Porter Cable as well but haven't taken it out for a test run yet...maybe this week since I'm on-call and shouldn't have any scheduled jobs during the day. My problem is getting a place out of the sun to do the deed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have 3 black cars and have used alot of buffers the bang for the buck is this unit from groits garage light weight dual action will not burn the paint and their polish and wax removes easily and the whole system is pretty inexpensive

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/griots+garage+random+orbital.do

this whole kit is less than 400 bucks and it has everything you will need

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/6+inch+orbital+bag+kit.do?sortby=ourPicks

great product I highly recommend it
I also own the Griot's and like it a lot! My car was done today with a FLEX XC 3401 Orbital Polisher and this thing is incredible! A bunch more money but totally worth it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts