Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a 2019 Challenger R/T. It's completely stock and I would like to put a new exhaust on it. I want one that's loud and sound like a muscle car, but not so loud it's annoying to drive or do every day things in because this is my daily driver. So far I've narrowed it down to either the Borla S Type or the Borla Atak, but I'm worried these may be too obnoxious for daily driving. I don't know anyone else who has a challenger, so any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,724 Posts
BORLA ATAK is pretty loud, that is what I have with headers and hi-flow cats. With the BORLA you get zero drone. If you want good sound but not too loud I would go with the S type. Go to BORLA’s web site and listen to the two sound clips

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT ScatPack Shaker
14 Posts
I’ve had the Borla ATAK system, it was a great system except for the drone noise going down the road. My present Scat Pack has a Corsa Extreme, best system I’ve ever heard with Zero drone noise on the highway. Expensive but no regrets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BORLA ATAK is pretty loud, that is what I have with headers and hi-flow cats. With the BORLA you get zero drone. If you want good sound but not too loud I would go with the S type. Go to BORLA’s web site and listen to the two sound clips
I went to Borla's website but I couldn't find the audio clips. I've tried watching comparisons on youtube, but youtube makes loud things quiet and quiet things loud so I can't really tell a difference.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Should look or listen to Zoomer exhaust system. Put Solo Mach-X on 2010 5.7 L and it sounds great and not too loud tuned out drone but after a couple of years it started creeping back in. Used Corsa Extreme on 5.7L Charger and it is pretty nice, rather quiet but no drone. Then started looking at exhaust for the SRT and finally settled on the Zoomers system after some discussion with the kind folks on this site and have not looked back. It is a little noisy when it is fires up cold but as it warms it has the very clear rumble that I was looking for. No drone at highway speeds and still able to have a normal conversation inside or just listen to sound system. Try it you will like it!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I put a Magnaflow xMOD kit #19536 system on my 2020 Challenger Scat Pack. Mixed thoughts...

On the good side:
  • Top quality construction. Welds look great. Kit looks to be well planned out. Really impressive workmanship.
  • Options for 5.7 or 6.4.
  • Options for stock tips or carbon fiber tips.
  • Options for muffler or straight pipes.
  • "No Drone Technology" is the real deal. I can only get it to drone at low RPM when in Sport mode with light throttle....and what am I doing in Sport mode at low RPM and light throttle anyway?!? It is Sport mode, get on the throttle! :p I think this is a function of the active exhaust valves being partially/fully open in Sport versus other modes.

On the bad side:
  • It's a bloody expensive system!
  • The right side tips won't center without bending up the brand new kit. Getting it to fit causes the rubber hanger to rub on the exhaust pipe.
  • The X-pipe rubs up against the under car heat shield.
  • Tech support didn't know how to help with the issues, escalated me to a manager/designer/senior person who promised to dig it to it and get back to me because this is a new system on the market. They sent me a new X-pipe, but that didn't solve the issue. That was October and I haven't heard from them since. In fairness I have given them ample time before sharing this on a forum.
Several YouTube Challenger personalities which received the kit as a promotional item didn't mention these issues. OCMotivator has some videos (on other topics) where it is obvious the right side has the same issue I had. RacerX's videos of the install show the under car heat shield removed to facilitate the install.

Bottom line...
I really like the system. Good sound, but not over powering. The no drone marketing is legit, they really did their homework. I just wish Magnaflow stood by their product a bit more. It is a new kit on the market, and as an early adopter I know there can be problems. I am happy to work with them, and they promised to get it resolved. But they went dark and further texts to the manager guy's personal cell phone (where I sent him these pictures) have gone unanswered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve had the Borla ATAK system, it was a great system except for the drone noise going down the road. My present Scat Pack has a Corsa Extreme, best system I’ve ever heard with Zero drone noise on the highway. Expensive but no regrets.
Had to reuse active exhaust valves though right ? Like cut that part of the pipe out and then weld onto corsa pipe ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had to reuse active exhaust valves though right ? Like cut that part of the pipe out and then weld onto corsa pipe ?
Corsa has two systems out now. (This is is older thread). They have a “valved” system, that does not require cutting. However, I just tried to order one, of the Corsa valved systems, and they have a 6 month backlog. I ended up getting the Borla Atak. Loud outside, but very livable inside with no drone, and it just sounds nasty.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts