Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, it's been 3 years since I pulled her in the driveway and I make my final payment next month. Time to get rid of the stock exhaust and upgrade to something that gives it that "Hemi" sound. I'm looking for the "roar" of the Hemi without the drone during cruising. You guys have been replacing your stock exhausts and now I want to know what you think....which exhaust should I install? C'mon guys, shout it out!

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
I went with the Zoomers system....twice. Awesome sound and well built.

I also had a Corsa Extreme previously but sold that for the Zoomers.

:smileup:

·
12,989 Posts
I went with the Zoomers system....twice. Awesome sound and well built.

I also had a Corsa Extreme previously but sold that for the Zoomers.

:smileup:
I believe i heard your Zoomers at the track, they are definitely louder than the Corsa.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I have the Corsa Xtreme and am very happy with it. RSC technology provides no drone. It's expensive, but you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
18,439 Posts
I can't say whether or not the Extreme sound is loud enough for you ( its perfect for me ) but I can say its a very well built system that produces no drone while cruising.
Here are a couple of drive by sound clips that will give you an idea of what it sounds like compared to the stock system :

http://www.challengerforumz.com/showpost.php?p=953764&postcount=17

·
Registered
640 Posts
If you want really aggressive and loud go with the Borla Atak. I have experienced no drone issues but I have a manual transmission...The car sounds absolutely amazing now, although I am not sure the neighbors like it as much considering I work graveyards.

If you are concerned with Drone the Corsa would be one option the other would be the Solo Mach X which I have heard has minimal drone issues in the autos.

Congrats on the final payment of the car...Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am thinking of the Solo Mach X myself. It lists a gain of 29 horse power, with a dual in/dual out muffler. Really curious if that is true because I have never heard of exhaust adding that kind of power. Otherwise I just might switch my mufflers and remove my resonators.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I really liked the sound of the Solo Mach X as well. It was a really close second to the Borla for me..The price made it really difficult to pass on.

As for the 29 HP increase claims. I would take that with a grain of salt. From headers to cold air intakes to exhaust these companies make a lot of 'CLAIMS' about HP increase throttle response etc. They are just that claims. I think a lot more goes into their claims than what they tell us. This is strictly an opinion here but my guess is that most of these claims are based on cars that have been tuned to the new modification, under ideal conditions etc. This isn't to say that you won't get any increases just that they aren't going to be as dramatic as the claimed increases. I would bet you will get around 5-10 HP jump maybe. It felt like with the Borla system that I got a little bit of a bump in throttle response and maybe a little bump on the low end.

This isn't knocking the Solo system itself, its a great system. Just be leery of claims like that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That is exactly on the lines I've believed too Matt, Thats why I brought it up. Yes the system sounds good and a good price too.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
I really liked the sound of the Solo Mach X as well. It was a really close second to the Borla for me..The price made it really difficult to pass on.

As for the 29 HP increase claims. I would take that with a grain of salt. From headers to cold air intakes to exhaust these companies make a lot of 'CLAIMS' about HP increase throttle response etc. They are just that claims. I think a lot more goes into their claims than what they tell us. This is strictly an opinion here but my guess is that most of these claims are based on cars that have been tuned to the new modification, under ideal conditions etc. This isn't to say that you won't get any increases just that they aren't going to be as dramatic as the claimed increases. I would bet you will get around 5-10 HP jump maybe. It felt like with the Borla system that I got a little bit of a bump in throttle response and maybe a little bump on the low end.

This isn't knocking the Solo system itself, its a great system. Just be leery of claims like that.
Reps on that post for sure!!:D

·
Registered
640 Posts
friendoffur-

Thank you sir...Appreciated..

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,675 Posts
I agree with Matt, horsepower increase will be marginal. Sound, however would be a welcomed change. For me, thus far, I lean more toward the Magnaflow. That could be out of necessity based on cost. If cost were not a concern, I would look at Stainless, Corsa and the Zoomers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree with Matt, horsepower increase will be marginal. Sound, however would be a welcomed change. For me, thus far, I lean more toward the Magnaflow. That could be out of necessity based on cost. If cost were not a concern, I would look at Stainless, Corsa and the Zoomers.
I'm running the Magnaflow Competition Series cat-back and love it. Car sounds like a Hemi Challenger should.

As for RWHP gains, I don't believe it makes all that much difference what brand you choose. They're all good for maybe 10 RWHP, tops. I personally felt like I picked up a little throttle responsiveness as well.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had been reading and having a long internal debate on catback for the past few months. I finally decided and got the Corsa Xtreme. It's installed and is pretty much what I had wanted it to be.

No Drone.... barely louder than stock at cruise, plenty louder than stock when I want it to be. Won't wake the neighbors unless my right foot decides they need to be up. If you want to be calm, drive appropriately and noone will notice. Has a nice thump when idling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts