Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! I have a 2011 Challenger with the 3.6 engine. Now that we have tuning capabilities, I am currently saving to equip it with a single turbo system. Unfortunately, I cannot afford insurance prices for the Hemi (since I'm only 21) and have a long work commute, but I've seen some pretty impressive turbo v6's out there.

So here's the question...

Which of these turbos would be best for my car? I have narrowed it down to the Precision 6262, 6266, 6466, and 6766. I will only be running 8-9 psi since it is a stock engine. It is daily driven. I would like for spool to come in fairly soon, but I don't want it to lack in the higher RPMs. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply!

I definitely like how StPeteMoose has everything set up. Looks very clean! I have considered going the supercharger route. Especially since Tidalwave is getting such impressive numbers out of their system.

For some reason, though, I prefer a nice turbo. I like how I can easily adjust boost, and I like how they give the most HP per pound of boost. I also like how, if properly sized, the boost comes in fairly soon.

Fortunately, I have plenty of time to think about it haha. Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
887 Posts
My pleasure. Do whatever you feel is right for you. I have a supercharged V6, and I love it. But definitely, having a turbocharged Challenger is something to talk about. There are not many of them, so if you decide to go for the turbo, your car is going to be unique, and you will get a lot of compliments for it. Happy modding! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts