Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what your opinion is and why. Colors are obviously subjective but I’m having a hard time deciding between these two. They are going on Granite Crystal Challenger
Brown Wheel Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Alloy wheel Bicycle part

I am pretty sure Bronze is gonna be as popular in a couple years as black was a couple years ago but like how the metallic ones kinda mimic the stock scatty wheels. Which would you pick n why? Thx

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
1,020 Posts
On granite, Bronze hands down to me. I like contrasting colors. Granite will blend too much with the silver.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
30,190 Posts
On granite, Bronze hands down to me. I like contrasting colors. Granite will blend too much with the silver.
Good point. Would sure like to see those photoshopped on the granite to see how it really would look.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Granite will blend too much with the silver.
I agree. It will pretty much look like it does now w 2016 scatty wheels. But I like that sleeper aspect and that’s why I’m torn

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point. Would sure like to see those photoshopped on the granite to see how it really would look.
On the internet I only saw one pic of them on granite car and the lighting was bad. Then the studio lighting is bright for the pic at the race star site too for that wheel. Not sure they will be that gold looking when on the car. If you see a pic feel free to post. Thx

Reactions: MommaBetty

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
1,020 Posts
"I like that sleeper aspect"
With all do respect, I don't get the "Sleeper" thing. It's BAD!, let it shine. To me, sleeper equals.....boring. :rolleyes::(

Reactions: DodgeFL

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the same color and I would never do the bronze. Definitely #2.
Lol. I feel ya. The ole lady said the dark cars with the dark or black wheels look like “get away cars” lol. She is not a gear head, more like a princess but I’m with her on the black never even being a option part. On our GRANITE cars I think the BEST look would be a brushed 5 spoke (which no one makes in this price range) with polished 5 spoke not far behind as 2nd choice. In my cheap Chinese $129 wheel search it’s come down to one of these 2 ^^^

How can someone not appreciate a sleeper? If I wasn’t going to a 17 for the sidewall I would have Weldcraft widen the rears and skinny up the fronts! I mighta done it anyways if it weren’t for the $2k shipped price tag

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think those pop even less then black on a Granite car

I have been considering the 2 colors above for a while now. Mickey Thompson 3588 street et front runners have been on back order for what seems like forever and that is giving me to much time to think about this ha

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Silver, I hate the bronze and FDE on guns too.

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
i would go silver on the granite car. unless you go for that blingy bronze, you either need a shine to offset the granite or a slight contrast to call attention to them. bronze, in my opinion, is too close to granite on a color wheel. you can also go chrome.

·
Registered
2015 SP Shaker
196 Posts
I'd chose the bronze rims. Gives it a more sophisticated look (i.e. just looks damn cool) with granite sheet metal. I'm not a fan of shiny rims, they look too garish to me.

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
3,800 Posts
No Offense Intended to others preferences, the bronze sucks! IMO

Plus if you go that route, you are in the unknown until you see them on your car, you'd better love it then, as it will be an expensive correction if you don't!

Once tires are mounted to the rims, they are Yours!

Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Just curious what your opinion is and why. Colors are obviously subjective but I’m having a hard time deciding between these two. They are going on Granite Crystal Challenger
View attachment 293599
View attachment 293600

I am pretty sure Bronze is gonna be as popular in a couple years as black was a couple years ago but like how the metallic ones kinda mimic the stock scatty wheels. Which would you pick n why? Thx
Bottom, it looks like what’s on the 2024 EV concept car

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know right?

If the width offset and price weren’t perfect I wouldn’t be considering either of them ha

Can’t do chrome. I would end up hating them if they were chrome. It it ain’t fast chrome it

Found some used dark stars. If I can get em cheap enough shipped might strip em and do my own finish

I’ll post some pix no matter which way I go. Let the haters hate : )

Thx all

Reactions: Trimec T56
1 - 20 of 28 Posts