Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

I was looking through some photos of retro Challengers and noticed some have white writing on the tires. I have seen some modern day cars with this and it looks great. I did not want to buy all new tires just for some words written on the side. So I was going to spray paint the letters on mine with a cut out. The problem is I heard that this does not last long and looks ugly very quickly.

Is there anyways I can put white lettering on my tires AND make it stay/stick permanently (or as long as possible while looking good)? Would Plasti-Dip work better?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a company that makes white letter stick ons for tires. Let me see if I can find them.

Edit:
Look for a company by the name of Tread Wear.
http://www.challengerforumz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234
tredwearletters.com

hope this helps..
This helps immensely, thank you both! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for but could not find. I'm glad though if anyone search this topic, there is now a thread with the perfect answer (I could not find one).

Thanks again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I tried the tire paint pen first... it looked great for a few weeks then started to wear/chip off. I plan on trying these when the new chally gets her in a few weeks. Let me know if you use these and if they were as easy to do as the video showed.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
How tire manufacturers don't see the want for these is beyond me.

HEY TIRE PEOPLE.... MODERN DAY MUSCLE CAR OWNERS WANT WHITE LETTER TIRE OPTIONS!

There , I did my part.

I used the pens.... did a whole thread on it but they turned out, like iamawild1 said, to be pretty crappy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stick on letters look like a pain in the butt to do.
I tried the tire paint pen first... it looked great for a few weeks then started to wear/chip off. I plan on trying these when the new chally gets her in a few weeks. Let me know if you use these and if they were as easy to do as the video showed.
How tire manufacturers don't see the want for these is beyond me.

HEY TIRE PEOPLE.... MODERN DAY MUSCLE CAR OWNERS WANT WHITE LETTER TIRE OPTIONS!

There , I did my part.

I used the pens.... did a whole thread on it but they turned out, like iamawild1 said, to be pretty crappy.

Yeah, I'm not even going to attempt that pen junk. I will do this a month or two when the weather clears up and I switch from 18 inch winters, to 20 inch summers. I will post and let the Z know when I do. Possibly make a how to video well I am at it.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
29,028 Posts
Yeah, I'm not even going to attempt that pen junk. I will do this a month or two when the weather clears up and I switch from 18 inch winters, to 20 inch summers. I will post and let the Z know when I do. Possibly make a how to video well I am at it.
The best part of this is that you can lay your 20's flat on a bench and work the whole tire before putting them on the car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now that is awesome, I really dig the tires saying Dodge Challenger :smileup:
That the essential "Muscle Car" look. The writing I will be ordering is the classic: Radial T/A BFGoodrich

Will match the T/A style of spoiler and hood scoop I am doing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The best part of this is that you can lay your 20's flat on a bench and work the whole tire before putting them on the car.
I know! I can't wait. Doing any type of work on my car is just pure ecstasy. Especially the more "Retro" I can pull it towards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.