Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 759 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an elephant in the room here on the Z that no one wants to talk about. Unfortunately...I believe we soon may have no choice....so here is a thread to post in my friends....this is going to get bad but at least we can share what we learn has it goes I hope.

·
Enjoying the ride !
1,223 Posts
Tighten those belts here we go. have no clue man i like it here whats up?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I've been gone from the Forumz for a while, so I have no clue what is going on, but I can't wait to hear...

·
Premium Member
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought I could get away without naming it so here is a clue....it dominates all national news stories now....it is global and spreading.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I will voice my opinion...This is a forum about vehicles, specifically the Dodge Challenger. We all should be aware of what is happening in the real world and I personally feel current events, politics, religion, financial issues, etc. do not belong in this forum. Discussing the Corona Virus has no place here. Again my opinion FWIW.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I can understand politics, religion, financial issues, etc, and current events that blend into those, but I see nothing wrong with talking about an illness that is spreading. Particularly if it involves suggestions on how to stay germ and disease free, advice on how to stock supplies in case of a local outbreak, etc. This is the "Off-Topic Section" anyways. It's not like it is being posted on the "5.7 Mods" Forum.

·
Premium Member
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
China has millions in quarantine and is burning their currency.....the factory's over there are shut down. They are the first....the rest of the world will soon follow. I see many indicators that the people who really know are downplaying this big time becouse they fear the panic more than the truth of how deadly this really is. Hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
What are you going to do? Not live your life? Bunker up? There is absolutely nothing I can do about it, other than wash my hands, avoid sick people as best possible, and try and stay healthy. That may not bring comfort to some, but what is the alternative?

·
Premium Member
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
China has millions in quarantine and is burning their currency.....the factory's over there are shut down. They are the first....the rest of the world will soon follow. I see many indicators that the people who really know are downplaying this big time becouse they fear the panic more than the truth of how deadly this really is. Hope I'm wrong.
What are you going to do? Not live your life? Bunker up? There is absolutely nothing I can do about it, other than wash my hands, avoid sick people as best possible, and try and stay healthy. That may not bring comfort to some, but what is the alternative?
Depending on how you see things.....one could cash out of the stock market....stock up on certain things and so on....but if everyone did so...the mess would be real real bad.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

Depending on how you see things.....one could cash out of the stock market....stock up on certain things and so on....but if everyone did so...the mess would be real real bad.
Oh, yes, "cough, cough", my stocks...

Of course...

·
Premium Member
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't get me wrong this is a very concerning thing but take it in context look at the number of flu cases world wide and deaths it has caused since last year.
Hope you are right my friend but when have you ever seen the things we are seeing world wide to stop the spread of this. No one has ever tried this hard to stop the flu. I hope the truth is not that this is more deadly than we are being told....and way more contagious.

·
Trigger657
1,068 Posts
Oh, yes, "cough, cough", my stocks...

Of course...
Guys I read this and I need to make a comment. Be Carefull what info you get from the Media. They no longer report the news, they are there now to sensationlize and make news. They were trying to say That Seattle is a ghost town and people where coming right back at them and saying the truth. Look at something I pulled off Google yesterday and pay attention the deference in Corona Virus Deaths and Flu Deaths. Sorry guys but I am a big Media Hater, especially with the Bias Reteric I've been seeing in the last 24 months.
:

Katie Mettler

March 4, 2020 at 5:30 a.m. CST

For two months now, global health and government officials have been trying to stem the coronavirus outbreak, quarantining citizens, locking down towns and creating triage protocols in hospitals where the contagious, deadly novel virus has taken root.

As of early March, the coronavirus outbreak had infected more than 90,000 people and killed more than 3,000 people globally, the majority of whom live in China, where the illness was first detected in December. More than 100 people in the United States have been diagnosed, including at least nine people who have died.

By comparison, influenza — known as the common flu — has infected as many as 45 million Americans since October and killed as many as 46,000, according to estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Both the coronavirus and influenza are respiratory illnesses. Both have similar symptoms. Both are contagious. Both can be deadly.

So why the nationwide coronavirus frenzy?

The key difference between the novel coronavirus and influenza, said Melissa Nolan, an infectious disease epidemiologist at the University of South Carolina, is this: We know what to expect from the flu.

Covid-19, the disease the coronavirus causes, has plunged us into the unknown. We don’t know how severe an outbreak might be and how many people it would kill. We don’t know if we might be forced into quarantine for two weeks. We don’t even know if we will know if we get it.

Sign up for our Coronavirus Updates newsletter to track the outbreak. All stories linked within the newsletter are free to access.

The numbers only tell part of the story — largely because flu season has been going on longer than the coronavirus has existed and because researchers simply don’t have enough data yet to accurately assess which is more deadly.

Further complicating health officials’ ability to control the spread of the coronavirus is that, unlike influenza, there is no vaccine for it.

Though it remains to be seen whether the virus can be contained worldwide, deliberate quarantines and other health and travel precautions can slow its growth and help ensure hospitals aren’t overwhelmed with coronavirus patients — especially at the same time health-care workers are trying to manage seasonal influenza.

·
Premium Member
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guys I read this and I need to make a comment. Be Carefull what info you get from the Media. They no longer report the news, they are there now to sensationlize and make news. They were trying to say That Seattle is a ghost town and people where coming right back at them and saying the truth. Look at something I pulled off Google yesterday and pay attention the deference in Corona Virus Deaths and Flu Deaths. Sorry guys but I am a big Media Hater, especially with the Bias Reteric I've been seeing in the last 24 months.
:
Katie Mettler

March 4, 2020 at 5:30 a.m. CST

For two months now, global health and government officials have been trying to stem the coronavirus outbreak, quarantining citizens, locking down towns and creating triage protocols in hospitals where the contagious, deadly novel virus has taken root.

As of early March, the coronavirus outbreak had infected more than 90,000 people and killed more than 3,000 people globally, the majority of whom live in China, where the illness was first detected in December. More than 100 people in the United States have been diagnosed, including at least nine people who have died.

By comparison, influenza — known as the common flu — has infected as many as 45 million Americans since October and killed as many as 46,000, according to estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Both the coronavirus and influenza are respiratory illnesses. Both have similar symptoms. Both are contagious. Both can be deadly.

So why the nationwide coronavirus frenzy?

The key difference between the novel coronavirus and influenza, said Melissa Nolan, an infectious disease epidemiologist at the University of South Carolina, is this: We know what to expect from the flu.

Covid-19, the disease the coronavirus causes, has plunged us into the unknown. We don’t know how severe an outbreak might be and how many people it would kill. We don’t know if we might be forced into quarantine for two weeks. We don’t even know if we will know if we get it.

Sign up for our Coronavirus Updates newsletter to track the outbreak. All stories linked within the newsletter are free to access.

The numbers only tell part of the story — largely because flu season has been going on longer than the coronavirus has existed and because researchers simply don’t have enough data yet to accurately assess which is more deadly.

Further complicating health officials’ ability to control the spread of the coronavirus is that, unlike influenza, there is no vaccine for it.

Though it remains to be seen whether the virus can be contained worldwide, deliberate quarantines and other health and travel precautions can slow its growth and help ensure hospitals aren’t overwhelmed with coronavirus patients — especially at the same time health-care workers are trying to manage seasonal influenza.
Another great post by you my friend....you are not really leaving I hope!!!

1 - 20 of 759 Posts