Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your Challenger have that classic Flowmaster sound? Which Flowmaster products are you running on your car? Let's see some pics and videos.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just installed the Flowmaster Force ii catback system today. Previously had the blastin bob's reso delete, and enjoyed it but I guess I must be getting old because the drone in the cabin started getting to me. This system is perfect. Still has a throaty rumble on the outside when I get on it, but quiet on the inside.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just installed the Flowmaster Force ii catback system today. Previously had the blastin bob's reso delete, and enjoyed it but I guess I must be getting old because the drone in the cabin started getting to me. This system is perfect. Still has a throaty rumble on the outside when I get on it, but quiet on the inside.
Glad to hear that you are happy with it. We've received a ton of great feedback from Challenger owners on the Force II Cat-back system. It is surprisingly aggressive outside of the vehicle in comparison to how calm it is inside of the car. It really is the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine has Flowmasters but I didn't install them. How can I tell which version were put on? Get under it and look for a P/N? I don't think there is any paperwork in the glove box...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine has Flowmasters but I didn't install them. How can I tell which version were put on? Get under it and look for a P/N? I don't think there is any paperwork in the glove box...
You called it. You can find your muffler's part numbers on the outlet side of the muffler case. Once you locate the part number, visit our website www.flowmastermufflers.com, and enter the part number into the search bar at the upper left-hand side of our homepage. Let us know that this worked for you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Running 50's on my 2010 SRT with the reso delete...sounds great !
Looks great too. Thanks for sharing the pic!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Found my car online 3 weeks ago. When I went to test drive it, I loved the sound of it so much that there was no doubt I was going to buy the car. When I got it home and inspected it, I discovered the previous owner had put on Flowmaster Outlaw catback.

Here's the sound backing out of my garage

http://vid35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/N2rock/IMG_1118_zpsnb59cj02.mp4

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want to order the flowmaster super 10s for my car. Does anyone know if i need to order the straight in and out or the offset for a 2013 rt classic,auto?
If you are going to replace your factory mid-mounted mufflers with a pair of Flowmasters, you will need 2.25" offset in/2.25" offset out mufflers. Flowmaster Super 10's aren't available in 2.25" I/O so you will have to step the muffler size up to 2.50" I/O. Super 10's are the most aggressive street mufflers that we produce so you will pick up some interior noise, especially with the automatic, if your car is equipped with MDS. If you have any questions, give us a call at 707-544-4761.

I installed the Outlaw cat back system on my R/T. It was so easy to do and I loved the end result. Now I just got to figure out which one I am going to put on my SRT!!!!!
Congratulations on stepping up to the SRT! That's a tough decision but if you were happy with the Outlaw system on your R/T, you'll definitely love it even more with a little extra Hemi under the hood. Let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the Fowmaster Scavenger Series Elite shorty headers and a what I think is the Flowmaster Force II catback (installed by the previous owner). It has Flowmaster resonators which is why I think it's the Force II cat back system. I'm considering removing the Flowmaster resonators which would leave me with the super 44 mufflers. I am a little worried about drone. What exactly is drone? If drone is that sweet HEMI sound in the cabin I'm ok with that. But I'm assuming drone is an unpleasant sound? I believe the Force II has 2.5 inch pipes. Any thoughts on how this will sound if I remove the Flowmaster resonators?

·
Registered
33 Posts
image.jpeg I installed a Flowmaster American Thunder cat back system on my r/t and love it. Looks good, performs well and sounds great. Flowmaster Scavenger Elite shorty headers are next. Jrad gave them a good write up.

·
Registered
238 Posts
View attachment 79190 I installed a Flowmaster American Thunder cat back system on my r/t and love it. Looks good, performs well and sounds great. Flowmaster Scavenger Elite shorty headers are next. Jrad gave them a good write up.
Actually I did not give the headers a write up. However, I have no complaints. The headers my car came with (Hedman headers) had a leak causing an awful clicking sound, so had to replace them. I went with the scavengers as a replacement. They have only been on for about a month. So far no complaints, but I can't really tell the difference between these and the Hedman headers except that there is no leak.

I believe the American Thunder system has the 40's...... how's the drone? Anyone have super 44's? drone?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Drone is interior resonance that generally occurs arounound 1800-2400 RPMs and can be described as a hum-type of noise. Think of the noise that is made when you talk into a fan. For some, it sounds great, for others not so much. Resonators are used specifically to tune out the sound frequencies that create drone. By removing them, you will increase the volume of your exhaust system both inside and outside of the vehicle and the level of drone experienced. Whether or not you like the sound that you get by removing them will be totally based on your personal sound preference.

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Don't have them on my Challenger but have some Flowmaster 40 series on my old 1972 Chevy Nova. Sounds awesome! Love the Flowmaster sound, just seems right on a muscle car. Can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten over the years about how great the exhaust sounds.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My apologies Jrad, you did not give the headers a write up. Must have been thinking of another conversation about headers. I only experience what could be considered drone when cruising at very low speed, say 25-30 and the car switches to ECO mode. I'm usually only going this speed through our community, so I paddle shift between 2nd & 3rd. This keeps the auto from entering ECO mode and keeps the drone away. Other than that, no drone issues to complain of.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts