Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was here at work today and a co worker asked me what type of car I had? I took him and he went and googled it and came back with more questions. the one that stuck out to me was why did I get a 392 over all the other trim levels? So with that being said why did you get a 392?

I got mine because the price was right.

·
Registered
756 Posts
So I was here at work today and a co worker asked me what type of car I had? I took him and he went and googled it and came back with more questions. the one that stuck out to me was why did I get a 392 over all the other trim levels? So with that being said why did you get a 392?

I got mine because the price was right.
First, there are 3 Challengers with a 392 now; R/T Scat Pack, SRT 392, T/A 392.
I would take any of those three because the 392 is the "most powerful" naturally aspirated motor offered in a Challenger.
That is why I wanted a 392! ;)
I started with a R/T Scat Pack... and the reason I got a SRT 392 was for the suspension and brake upgrade, along with the aluminum hood and leather seats.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I got all three of my non-SRT 392 cars because I didn't need or want the bells, whistles, and price tag of a SRT car.
I understand, which is why I got the Scat pack originally.
But when looking to upgrade, the new T/A 392 was selling in my area for $52-54k. Basically the price of a SRT 392. But it doesn't have the 3 way adjustable suspension, which was a big attraction for me.
When I found my 2016 SRT 392 at $45,500, I couldn't pass it up!
But all of the 392 cars are great in my opinion. Congrats on the T/A 392!

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
I got the Scat Pack because I got the 392/A8 drivetrain for a lot less than an SRT and did not care about the bigger brakes, drive modes, suspension modes, or other options/packages.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I started with the 2015 SXT 3.6L and it was fine for my long commute. I always wanted the R/T though, but it didn't make financial sense at the time. All I was doing was kidding myself. I wasn't happy settling for the V6. So.... I ended up going off the deep end and getting that SCAT. Quite a jump from the lowest trim level. I only regret it (temporarily) when it's time to pay my insurance. :D;)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I was always doing something to improve my 09 R/T, Hurst wheels, tuner, suspension, exhaust etc. Just for grins, I checked KBB for values and went to the Dodge Build and Price site, however in August 2014 the 2015 MY cars were not loaded, so I contacted a friend who sells FCA.

He told me to come to the dealership and he'd build and price for me. We sat down and he asked what I wanted. After we finished, he printed the results and wrote "Invoice plus $200"

I asked what I needed to do and he said leave me $500 and I'll see you in 6-8 weeks.

The rest is history.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I understand, which is why I got the Scat pack originally.
But when looking to upgrade, the new T/A 392 was selling in my area for $52-54k. Basically the price of a SRT 392. But it doesn't have the 3 way adjustable suspension, which was a big attraction for me.
When I found my 2016 SRT 392 at $45,500, I couldn't pass it up!
But all of the 392 cars are great in my opinion. Congrats on the T/A 392!
Thanks! Strange that in TX and Canada, the T/A 392 is more than a SRT 392. Don't get me started on FCA's marketing strategy...

·
Registered
170 Posts
For me 392 was the only choice. I wanted a performance upgrade from the Mustang GT I was getting out of and didn't want to spend the $$ for a Hellcat.

At the time when I bought (Late December 2016) incentives on Scat Packs were much better than SRTs and manual trans in either were uncommon on the lots.

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
I have to say that owning an SRT is pretty cool... When people ask my wife what kind of Jeep is that and she says "it's an SRT" you can see people get it...

Reactions: Alexis

·
Now that was dumb!
6,022 Posts
Had my R/T at the dealers getting an Oil change. Started looking around and my (now) SRT was sitting in the show room floor. I test drove it and well........that essentially is how I ended up with my SRT. At that time the SRT was top of the line with the 6.4.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts