Dodge Challenger Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT-8
229 Posts
I was hunting for a muscle car for over a year and after many hours of research I decided on going with a Challenger...specifically a very low mileage Challenger SRT8 (2012 & up). I liked the features and options available on the SRT8 and why not have the power too!

·
THE WHITE MAMBA
778 Posts
PROUD NEW OWNER OF SRT WHITE WITH 795 one owner miles 2015 ,loaded ,srt stitching on seats ,Harmon kardon sound system,performance pages up the gazoo ,sunroof,everything! Did I need that over a scat no but price was almost same as any scat I could deal with so SRT

·
Registered
10 Posts
PROUD NEW OWNER OF SRT WHITE WITH 795 one owner miles 2015 ,loaded ,srt stitching on seats ,Harmon kardon sound system,performance pages up the gazoo ,sunroof,everything! Did I need that over a scat no but price was almost same as any scat I could deal with so SRT
Agreed. I was looking at a Scat Shaker... but the SRT was too good to pass up. Especially when Dodge offered Contusion Blue... couldn’t resist... never regretted the decision

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd been wanting an SRT8 Challenger since 2008... even went to a dealership to price one out. At the time, I had a suspicion about the company I was working for, so I went "conservative" and got an SRT4 Caliber. Actually worked out really well (and the company situation was what I thought might happen), and was happy at the time for the decision. That Caliber SRT4 was surprisingly fast, very rare, and it helped when I bought my house and had to haul stuff for renovations and such. But the itch for the Challenger never went away. At first, I was looking at 5.7L, or 5.7L Shakers, as well as used Scat Packs. but then my wife asked what I really wanted. So I showed her a picture of a gently used SRT 392 at a dealership I had looked at. Very surprisingly (and I'm in Toronto, Canada for context), the used SRT 392 was almost the same price as the used Scat Packs. Honestly, I think it's because most buyers (and even many dealerships) don't know the difference, and the Scat Pack name seems to get more attention.
For me, it was a no-brainer. My SRT had @5,500 miles on it, so it was almost brand new. The original owner had spec'd it exactly how I would have, including the black (instead of "hyperblack" rims) and even changed the gas cap to black. Although to be honest, I think the tint is a little too deep.
I wanted the SRT because I prefer the interior, and although you can get pretty much get everything on a 2019 Scat Pack, for 2017, a lot of that stuff was unique to the SRT 392. I wanted the adjustable suspension, wider tires, and bigger breaks because of how I drive, plus the occasional track days. Almost all of the interior luxuries were standard, so it basically came with everything. And I paid only @$2000 more than the Scat Packs that were available (which all had higher mileage).
Love it. So satisfying.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
So I was here at work today and a co worker asked me what type of car I had? I took him and he went and googled it and came back with more questions. the one that stuck out to me was why did I get a 392 over all the other trim levels? So with that being said why did you get a 392?

I got mine because the price was right.
I wanted a 392 Badge on my fenders

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I am trying to decide between a couple very low mileage used 18 SRT's and a new shaker or scat pack. The SRT's are auto with no added options except the one has red interior and seat belts, but they already come pretty loaded and I like the idea of the adaptive suspension. They are asking around 44k for those with under 4k miles. I can get a SP nearly loaded, but with the standard wheels for around 42 and the shaker with a lot of options for 44. The SP or shaker would be brand new, the color I want and in my name if I order them, but will take 4-5 weeks. The SRT has more standard features and both are in my second favorite color (but still nice) and one has the red interior which I want, but that one would cost me a little more to have it transferred here before I can actually see it in person. I keep going back and forth as to which would be best, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am trying to decide between a couple very low mileage used 18 SRT's and a new shaker or scat pack. The SRT's are auto with no added options except the one has red interior and seat belts, but they already come pretty loaded and I like the idea of the adaptive suspension. They are asking around 44k for those with under 4k miles. I can get a SP nearly loaded, but with the standard wheels for around 42 and the shaker with a lot of options for 44. The SP or shaker would be brand new, the color I want and in my name if I order them, but will take 4-5 weeks. The SRT has more standard features and both are in my second favorite color (but still nice) and one has the red interior which I want, but that one would cost me a little more to have it transferred here before I can actually see it in person. I keep going back and forth as to which would be best, what do you guys think?
Which one does your heart keep tugging at? Go with it and enjoy!

Reactions: Alexis

·
Registered
17 Posts
The simple test? Which one do you find yourself looking at the most? Not to compare. Just by instinct/desire, which one do you look at the most? That's the one you should buy. Forget about all the other aspects of the comparison.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The simple test? Which one do you find yourself looking at the most? Not to compare. Just by instinct/desire, which one do you look at the most? That's the one you should buy. Forget about all the other aspects of the comparison.

Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well probably the SRT, but its the one that would be the most risk, out of pocket expense and most likey most expensive. But then again, I haven't seen any of them in person. Also I was just thinking, I could build a 1320 to look very similar to the SRT but with more track goodies obviously. That build would most likely be a grand or two more, but would be new and would save on the trade in taxes. But a downside is I would probably have to buy some AS tires.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts