Dodge Challenger Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I ordered mine just the way I wanted it and it took 4 weeks to arrive.

Pricing was 1% under invoice and it had $2250 in rebates also. So price and the fact that is was just what I wanted are the main reasons for purchase.
It was $44,852 otd.

Text Font

·
Registered
6 Posts
My budget could get me either a new Scat Pack or a slightly used SRT 392. Because mine would be a daily driver, I thought the suspension modes would be important. So, I went with the slightly used SRT. I'm sure I would have been happy either way.
We went with a slightly used SRT as well. I fell in love with the Yellow Jacket and it is kind of rare where we live. I also love the full leather seats rather than the suede and leather. I'm going to drink sweet tea or soda while driving and full leather is much more forgiving. Can't wait to get ours. I picked out about 6 cars I was interested in and got quotes from my Insurance guy. The Insurance is double what I was paying for my Ford Focus ST but only about 100 dollars more every six months over what we are paying for our 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt. Not too bad for that much horsepower and torque and here in New Mexico with arguably they highest rates of auto theft in the country.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Man I thought I was over the SRT's, but just noticed a very low mileage 18 in billet with black stripes. I really didn't want another silver car as I've had two, but this one looks sweet with the red calipers and red interior. IDK, I probably won't go look at it as its about 500 miles away and they are asking almost 45k (over 54k MSRP) for it, but its practically new a loaded with about every option but sunroof.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392 Granite Crystal Metallic
5 Posts
I have a lightly used 2016 SRT 392 incoming...and I couldn't be happier. I wanted the drive modes and the Laguna interior.

I didn't get a Hellcat because my wife would probably kill herself if she drove it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a lightly used 2016 SRT 392 incoming...and I couldn't be happier. I wanted the drive modes and the Laguna interior.

I didn't get a Hellcat because my wife would probably kill herself if she drove it.
You couldn't have made a better choice...Especially when you slip onto the Laguna leather seats, that you know that Swedish cows gave up their lives so you could plop your ass on them...I love that every day...and you'll get by with 485 hp...Maybe only a 11 second quarter...Now, here's something most people forget..The SRT is lighter than the Hellcat and more balanced...So if you like hauling a__ on twisty roads...It's a treat...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392 Granite Crystal Metallic
5 Posts
You couldn't have made a better choice...Especially when you slip onto the Laguna leather seats, that you know that Swedish cows gave up their lives so you could plop your ass on them...I love that every day...and you'll get by with 485 hp...Maybe only a 11 second quarter...Now, here's something most people forget..The SRT is lighter than the Hellcat and more balanced...So if you like hauling a__ on twisty roads...It's a treat...
Nice! I literally can't freaking wait

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,773 Posts
I got mine because the SRT was the lowest trim level you could get the sepia laguna leather interior in.....and I also wanted the adaptive suspension.

That may have changed now, but last time I checked it had to be a Hellcat or higher trim level to get it now.....

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
I see this is an older thread but recently replied to. The author’s question is a bit ambiguous - is he asking about those who bought an SRT or a 392...or both? (Please spare me the “ScatPack says “SRT” on the engine.... I know, I’ve had a Scat and now have a TA 392). As many have said, I wanted more power than a 5.7 which I had previously owned. In fact, when I got my first 392, I had traded down in power because my second 5.7 was supercharged. However, the handling package, better brakes, and almost 500 hp with a warranty was A very appealing Upgrade overall.

Reactions: mightyguru

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,773 Posts
I see this is an older thread but recently replied to. The author’s question is a bit ambiguous - is he asking about those who bought an SRT or a 392...or both? (Please spare me the “ScatPack says “SRT” on the engine.... I know, I’ve had a Scat and now have a TA 392). As many have said, I wanted more power than a 5.7 which I had previously owned. In fact, when I got my first 392, I had traded down in power because my second 5.7 was supercharged. However, the handling package, better brakes, and almost 500 hp with a warranty was A very appealing Upgrade overall.

Pretty sure he was asking about the SRT 392......I know of no 'SRT' designation on a 5.7 car, and few call a Hellcat just an SRT.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mightyguru's comment was that he was getting 2016 SRT...and why he chose it...And he was happy with his choice...
Seemed pretty simple to me...

...and to anyone who bought a Challenger...It was a good choice...

Reactions: mightyguru

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Have a Ram SRT-10..so why not a Challenger next to it...makes sense.

Reactions: Jack44

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
244 Posts
What's a "Core" model?

DeWFPo

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,232 Posts
Was only available in 13 & 14 and can be identified by the 392 on the fender instead of the metal badge on a regular SRT8 and black Brembos vs. red.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
244 Posts
If I understood that article correctly, it sounds very similar to the Base Scat Pack I just ordered with almost no options but the CORE also came with black racing stripes and the SRT8 labeled Hemi.

DeWFPo

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,232 Posts
If I understood that article correctly, it sounds very similar to the Base Scat Pack I just ordered with almost no options but the CORE also came with black racing stripes and the SRT8 labeled Hemi.

DeWFPo
The stripes were an option, the picture of the white car is a regular SRT8

·
Registered
9 Posts
Because they made less then 130 gomango SRT 392 6.4 M6 in america(mexico,US and Can.) in 2016-17 and 18

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my SRT 392 new because I was told by the dealer the Hellcat was being sold to high profile customers. This was Oct of 2014. The price was decent so I ordered the 6 speed, stripe delete with all other options. I have since replaced the stock wheels with chrome versions of the exact same thing and a barton short throw shifter (highly recommended). Never regreted this purchase. I love this car.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts